Series 9 info | June 16 video & blog details

SERIES 9: HOT WHEELS

SEASONS

Seasons change each Thursday at 7:30am Pacific (UTC-7)

Season Dates
Summer June 23 - 30
Autumn June 30 - July 7
Winter July 7 - 14
Spring July 14 - 21

VIDEO & BLOG ANNOUNCEMENTS

Our June 16th Forza Monthly livestream previewed the Series 9 seasonal Festival Playlist events and rewards and showed off new car gameplay. Watch the replay on YouTube (also available at www.Forza.net/Videos)

Read our Series 9 Update blog for details on the new cars and content:

NEW CARS

Model Availability
2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod Wheelspins & Hot Wheels Expansion unlock
2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang Wheelspins & Hot Wheels Expansion unlock
1949 Hot Wheels Ford F-5 Dually Custom Hot Rod Wheelspins & Hot Wheels Expansion unlock
2018 Hot Wheels 2JetZ Seasonal - Summer Festival Playlist
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S Seasonal - Autumn Festival Playlist
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee Seasonal - Winter Festival Playlist
1957 Hot Wheels Nash Metropolitan Custom Seasonal - Sprint Festival Playlist

Series 9 also coincides with the final three cars of the FH5 Car Pass. The Car Pass included 8 Formula Drift models followed by 34 weekly releases.

Car Pass
2021 Aston Martin DBX Week 32 - June 23
2020 Lexus RC F Track Edition Week 33 - June 30
2019 Nissan 370Z NISMO Week 34 - July 7

See also the Hot Wheels Expansion blog detailing DLC cars available July 19th.

NEW CONTENT & FEATURES

Series 9 celebrates the unique blend of fun and creativity that is distinctly Hot Wheels. Note that the Hot Wheels Expansion will arrive on July 19th near the end of Series 9 Spring season.

CLOTHING

These new items will be available to unlock as Festival Playlist rewards.

• Hot Wheels Hoodie
  • Hot Wheels Cap
  • Hot Wheels Tee
  • Hot Wheels Sundress
  • Hot Wheels Suit
  • Hot Wheels Crew Socks
  • White Bird Leather Boots
  • Leaf Pattern Leather Boots
  • Farid Rueda Lion Cap
  • Farid Rueda Bear Cap
  • RaĂşl Urias Horizon Cap
  • Doodle Pattern Cap

CAR HORNS

These new items will be available to unlock as Festival Playlist rewards.

• Hot Wheels Flame
  • Hot Wheels Guitar Stadium
  • Hot Wheels Ice
  • Hot Wheels Monster Truck

Horizon Stories

Series 9 introduces the option to play Horizon Stories in co-op, supporting up to six players in total. In co-op play, the Convoy Leader is allowed to host any Horizon Story available to them. The highest score earned in the group is applied to all participants, so even if some players don’t achieve the objective, those who succeed will complete the mission for everyone.

Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) for PC Players

As an alternative to multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA), TAA reduces shimmering by blending multiple video frames and ensuring frame to frame differences are smoothed. Additional detail is captured, resulting in a softer image that works particularly well at lower resolutions. Our TAA implementation in Forza Horizon 5 minimizes trails and ghosting as is typically seen with this technique. Players can also customize its final appearance using a sharpness control. We think this is a great, new option for PC gamers, improving our tree foliage while ensuring a smoother, more stable gaming experience overall. See the blog for a demo video.

Monthly Rivals

Starting with Series 9, a new Forza EV Monthly Rivals event will be open to drivers to set their best lap times. This new Forza EV Rivals complements the existing Monthly Rivals challenge. Every month, you’ll drive a different EV – simply set a clean lap time to score the available Festival Playlist points. We’ve also added a new dedicated EV class to EventLab.

Garage Filtering

For players with large car collections who wish to easily auction or remove duplicate cars from their garage, we’ve introduced a new filter option to the car select screen that when enabled, shows only the cars you own duplicates of.

Localization

In Series 9, the list of officially supported languages for subtitles in Forza Horizon 5 has been updated to include Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and European Portuguese. We’re also expanding VO to include European Spanish, Italian and Korean.

CONTENT UPDATE RELEASE NOTES & BUG FIXES

Look for the Series 9 content update to be available for installation prior to the Summer season. Release Notes will be published at Forza Support. Our Series 9 Update blog covers the highlights:

• fix for the Accolade “It Just Works” to unlock as expected once players have completed the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. In addition, players will see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
  • fix for an issue that prevented full 12-player Convoys from launching events
  • fix for the darkened hood and bumper views that occurred when changing camera views
  • fix for Daily Challenges in the Festival Playlist that were either incompletable or suffered from progress loss after rebooting
  • fix to prevent a Speed Zone exploit where boosted speeds were achievable by entering Photo Mode
  • fix for an issue which caused the incorrect car class to be used in a race if players idled before entering the event
3 Likes

Hello hello just wanted to point out there is a slight error… the date is set to May 12th 2022 that you had shared above. Thank you for fixing it :smiley: … just wanted to lend a hand when I could

3 Likes

Anxious to see how this version of HW has improved over the original. Hopefully not just graphical enhancements.

Wouldn’t be hard. I know people have this weird nostalgia for the old hot wheels expansion, but it really was objectively one of the worst DLCs. Custom championships, custom restrictions (or ANY restrictions beyond PI), driving anything lower than b class, all things that were available in the base game that were stripped out of the Hot Wheels DLC. It just ended up being “bring your best (PI letter) class car and complete this checklist”. Not hard to improve on that.

According to the video released by DJS, restricting cars to B+ is back, but there will be updating playlist activities in the DLC that will count towards your weekly/monthly playlist completion. Seems like DLC owners get bonus points to persue for playlist completion. If nothing else, that will give the DLC some much improved replayability.

Personally I’m extremely disappointed with the whole hot wheels fiasco, and very worried the next dlc will be a product tie in as well. At this point, I’m more curious about this “Horizon Nexus” feature advertised in the coming soon section of the playlist. I’ll probably be disappointed by some half-baked tack-on feature that’ll be removed at the end of the month, but there is a small glimmer of hope there.

2 Likes

what’s new in this update? ( 1.455.709.0.HV )

(Thanks Oliver, I’ve updated.)

Request for everyone: since the Hot Wheels DLC is effectively coming for Series 10, please use this thread to discuss Series 9 content and keep Expansion DLC discussion over here.

1 Like

Of Course Happy To Help!

Tune in now!

Twitch
YouTube

1 Like

FH and FM dominating the racing world!!

I am very disappointed with the last three cars in car pass.
Another European luxury SUV, an existing Lexus variant, and another variant of the existing 370Z.
I was hoping that there would surely be some nice cars added to the end of the car pass, but I am very disappointed in the fact that two of them are variants.
Seriously, I wonder how many of the cars offered in the car pass were variants of existing models.

If car pass is to continue in FH6, please stop adding such lazy content.
How come the paid content car pass is like this and many of the new cars added to the game in the playlist were unique models that are not variants?

4 Likes

Another Great Livestream!! Was neat to learn more about Stuzib who has some serious talent as well as soo many new things its so exciting!

At this point, after the Hot wheels DLC and all the variant car we get in the car pass, I really regret that I buy the Utimate version.

This FH5 are the la one I will do it. No more Ultimate and Dayone purchace for me.

Now it’s more Forza Recycling simulator.

2 Likes

Best part of this update for series 9, IMHO, is the ability to filter your garage for duplicates

I just want the new Aston Martin DBX… stoked that they added it.

Looking foward to getting rid of my duplicates. I must have 50 of them at least. Do we have this ability yet?

Included in the Series 9 updates, so should be available after the update next Tuesday

The return of the '68 Barracuda and '70 Super Bee from previous Forza game’s is incredible! I grew up in the sixties and the Barracuda is my favorite car of all time. Thank you Turn 10 for listening to those of as asking for this car to be brought back, and Super Bee, yes! I hope we will see more vintage American car’s in the future.

2 Likes

I agree with 100% and would love to see these great car’s brought back, and the Holden, I loved that car in 7. It was such a cool car and would be a great addition to Horizon 5. I would like to add the Aussie Chrysler Valiant Charger RT E 49…Whew! Long name. I miss that car too.

1 Like

The content update for Series 9 and other bug fixes is now available to install.

Version Number:

Platform Version Number Size
Xbox One 2.474.760.0 14 GB
Xbox Series 3.474.760.0 16.09 GB
PC: 3.474.760.1 17.39 GB
Steam: 1.474.341.0 10.3 GB
3 Likes