Festival Playlist events and rewards July 7-14 (Winter S9)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes!

WINTER | DRY SEASON

The season starts at 7:30am Pacific on July 7th and closes Thursday, July 14, 2022 2:30 PM
This is the third season of Series 9.

SERIES PROGRESS

SERIES 9: HOT WHEELS

Series total: 212 Points
Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists.

Reward: 1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill (Hard-To-Find car) (80 points)
Reward: 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT (Hard-To-Find car) (160 points)

SEASON PROGRESS

Total Points: 53
Accumulate points with any combination of completed events this season to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car.

Reward: 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee (new Seasonal Exclusive car) (20 points)
Reward: 2016 Zenvo ST1 (Seasonal Exclusive car) (40 points)

FORZATHON EVENTS

Not only do completing these events earn seasonal points, they also earn Forzathon Points which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge: Real Rider (5 pts)
These four challenges must be completed in sequence for completion.

• Chapter 1: True Realism | Own and drive the 2014 Mercedes-Benz Unimog
  • Chapter 2: Rubber Treatment | Win a Cross Country event in the Unimog
  • Chapter 3: King of Rocks. | Earn 1 star on the Barranco Trailblazer in the Unimog
  • Chapter 4: Versatile | Earn 10 Ultimate Wreckage Skills in the Unimog

#Forzathon Daily Challenges (1 point each)
Each day a new challenge opens at 7:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

Flying Colours Earn 6 Stars at Danger Signs in any car from the 1970s
City Speedway Take a photo at the Calle Principal Speed Trap in Guanajuato
Race Day Win a Road Race in the 2017 Acura NSX
Legend of Speed Earn 9 Stars at Speed Traps in the 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
Cruise Boulevard Maintain a speed of 200mph (321.9 km/h) for 10 seconds in the 1998 Toyota Supra RZ
Spiky! Earn 10 Smactus Skills
Tour Guide Complete a Horizon Tour

Forzathon Shop

700 FP Car 2016 Toyota Arctic Trucks AT37 (Seasonal Exclusive)
300 FP Car 2012 Hennessey Venom GT (Autoshow value 120,000 CR)
75 FP Clothing Hot Wheels Suit (new Seasonal Exclusive)
75 FP Car Horn Hot Wheels Ice (new Seasonal Exclusive)
60 FP Wheelspins 150 FP Super Wheelspins

SEASON EVENTS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion.

Horizon Arcade (3 pts) | Mini Games | Complete any Horizon Arcade theme.

The Trial (10 pts) | Mustang Mania | Road Racing | (A800) Mustang
Note: You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial.
Reward: 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Seasonal Exclusive car)

EventLab (3 pts) | PHASE RECON PRESENTS “Sky Castle Circuit” | (A800) Super Hot Hatch
Reward: 2017 Acura NSX (Autoshow value 170,000 CR)

Speed Zone (2 pts) | La Silica | (S2 998) Hypercars | 145.0 mph
Reward: Super Wheelspin

Drift Zone (2 pts) | Los Campos | (B700) Ford | 150,000 points

Trail Blazer (2 pts) | Malpais | (A800) Unlimited Offroad | 21 seconds

Championship (5 pts) | All Stars | Road Racing | (D500) Classic Muscle
Reward: 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha (Autoshow value 112,000 CR)

Championship (5 pts) | Baja Blazers | Offroad Racing | (C600) Pickups & 4x4s
Reward: *2014 Ford #11 F-150 Trophy Truck (Autoshow value 500,000 CR)

Horizon Tour (3 pts) | Co-Op Championships

CHALLENGES

Photo Challenge (2 pts) | #SPEEDTEAM | Photograph any Hypercar in the Copper Canyon
Reward: Horizon Race Gloves (Clothing unlock)

Horizon Open (2 pts) | Drift Racer | Earn 20 Drift or E-Drift skills in any Horizon Open event.
Reward: 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (Autoshow value 60,000 CR)

MONTHLY EVENTS

Forza EV (4 pts) | Horizon Mexico Circuit | Lotus Evija | Post a clean lap to complete.
Note: starting with Series 9, every month you’ll drive a different EV in this event complimenting the existing Monthly Rivals event.

Monthly Rivals (4 pts) | Chihuahua Circuit | Hot Wheels 2JetZ | Post a clean lap to complete.
Note: starting with Series 7, completing the Monthly Rivals event adds 1 point to each season’s progress for a total of 4 points applied to series progress.

SUPER7

Complete the Horizon Super7 in the creative Hub menu

2 Likes

So the Trial is Mustangs but the SVT Cobra R which I’m sure is listed on starting grids as 'Mustang '00 ’ isn’t eligible :roll_eyes:

So in the car selection menu I just went for the '69 one that was there with a tune from early game that I have no memory of, team won easily + I was in with Anthrax Cat, first time I’ve been in with another forum user in the game up to now.

2 Likes

Same story for the '93. But who could really be surprised?

2 Likes

Trial was easy, I had the RTR Mustang rigged up from the daily a couple days ago. Custom race this week was very cool, only 2 laps and cleverly designed. I wasnt even aware those items were available.

1 Like

This week’s Event Lab creation was actually a well constructed map. I don’t like that sort of thing but props to it’s creator and finally to PGG for finding a decent one.

2 Likes

I used the mustang Boss 302 on an AWD tune and it flew by the AI’s, as did most of the team.
The only thing that caught me were those buttresses in the tunnels on the 2nd race, causing 2nd place.
I know I shouldn’t use AWD on this thing, but it’s what I had ready and it made it too easy.

I think most of you will say “well, doh” when seeing this, but I noticed a lot of people having problems with the speedzone. Mostly because they just run full speed into it.

Just get a car with great acceleration (I used the Rimac), start from the point marked on the screenshot and go into it with about 200km/h. Go slowly into the corner and start speeding immediately you start coming out of it. Other PR stunts shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

speedzone is b.s. again…

1mph short every time… how!~

2 Likes

Are you setting a route ? I’ve found in the past that seems to mess up the acceleration at the end of it, or at least it seemed to, leaving me just 1kmh short often. When I quit setting routes out of habit that seemed to disappear. Or maybe it was just subconscious reflexes lol.

Something is off, cause 1mph short 4-5 times in a row is ridiculous… no way that happens every single time, with different cars and tunes.,

2 Likes

I think that was a bug a few series ago ? Can’t recall what if any fix.

So glad I got all the accolades done, minus 5 playground events…

I can’t even be bother to keep doing this playlist junk, especially with no reason to now

4 Likes

I ended up using the Raezr Tachyon. I know about the nuisance turn and managed to get it up to the necessary speed once I’d stopped driving into the building on the side of the road.

My one-unit-of-measure failure was the trailblazer. Opted for the Brocky. 1s too slow (repeat ad naus.) All right, let’s try the FE Tankpool. 1s too slow. The Trailcat? It wasn’t even A800. PR stunt complete.

But if I had to give one piece of advice about the trailblazer, it’s avoid the plants as much as possible because they were what was slowing me down. Curve round to the right where there’s a dip as well.

The Eventlab tile worked properly for the second week. Well done. OBE in the post. On the other hand, as much as I admire the workmanship that went into this, the course was a bit too chaotic for my liking.

1 Like

“Unbeatable” AI in the Trial keeps getting easier and the PR stunts keep getting harder. Bizarro World.

4 Likes

The trial was painful. I was the only one in a Mustang 65, everyone else was in a modern one. I won the first two races personally but the team lost the 2nd race despite my painful attempts to hold up the enemy cars. Third race I held back but was rammed off the track by my own toonmates. Then the game helpfully disconnected.

2 Likes

Painful was the 10 ultimate wrecking skills! I’d run the trial 3 times rather than have to do that again! :unamused::unamused:

I also noticed the 2000 Cobra wasn’t eligible. I would guess it’s because it technically doesn’t have Mustang in the name in game. The 00 and 93 are both SVT Cobra R.

SVJ for the speed zone

Stock 2016 NIO EP9 for speed zone, even set a PB.

3 Likes