Forza Horizon 5 Expansion 1 (Spoilers Included) and Horizon Nexus (Series 9)

The Microsoft + Bethesda Showcase had recently ended today talking about the new Hot Wheels Expansion for FH5 10 New Cars are being introduced into the franchise… more info below which have been officially listed by the official staff

Blast off to Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels on July 19!

We also got informed that the Nexus coming out next series will be linked to the Hotwheels or added onto the expansion. Yet it comes out this coming series (Series 9). So after rewatching the trailer on the new expansion I had caught 5 cars that are being reintoduced into the franchise
-HW Ford F-5 Dually (Fh4)
-Rip Rod (Fh3)
-Hw Mustang (Fh3)
-2 Jet z (Fh4)
-The Nash (Fh4)

I believe the Horizon Nexus during series 9 will be a story that once completely will allow you to get one of these five cars in the accolades like the drift story and the rest will be one per season series 9. What do you all think? I respectfully ask that any comments replied promote a positive environment. I know that this expansion has caused mixed feelings in the community, but I am pretty excited about it.

1 Like

We already have the Ford Dually in FH5, and it wasn’t in 4…

2020 F450 SD or whatever its called

I should have specified specifically but I was meaning the hotwheels F-5 dually.

1 Like

Oh, that one

All good :smiley: I am sure you’re not the only one who had thought that. Thanks for pointing it out so I could edit my post

With luck, Playground will actually make the five cars locked behind online during Series 2 and 3 available again during this series (and also not locked behind online events yet again). Also, shout out for another series of recycled content. Granted, I want a lot of old cars to return to the series, but it still would’ve been nice if they were, I don’t know, include in the game at launch than used to pad out the series.

If only they brought back the studebacker from FH4s Hotwheels Dlc then I would be super happy already got two of the three of my personal favorites in the set. I am okay if it is missing though as I finally got a childhood car that means alot to me.

One of my regrets about not buying Horizon 3 is the Hot Wheels expansion, but at the time I was thinking about it, I was too far into Horizon 4 to want to start playing another Horizon game, which is why I’m mostly pleased to see the return of Hot Wheels.

I’m slightly displeased that this couldn’t be something new to the series, but not enough to rant and fulminate about it since I never played the original expansion.

What’s the second expansion going to be? Isla Fortuna? Monte Blizzard?

2 Likes

While I have mentioned in the past that I’m not thrilled with doing Hot Wheels again, I can at least concede that I really don’t know what Playground could have done otherwise. After Hot Wheels, there really aren’t many car-related things to have a tie-in with other than the Fast and the Furious and Lego to a certain extent.

As for a realistic map, I really don’t know what they could have done. I know a lot of people really want a modern city, but I get the impression many people who want a modern city have never lived or driven through a modern city. From a design point of view, most cities are just straights and 90 degrees corners, and Horizon’s physic system (and even Motorsport’s for that matter) really isn’t at its strongest when it comes to the latter. The only game that ever pulled off semi-realistic city racing was Project Gotham Racing, but again, its physics system was tailored to fit that where as Horizon’s isn’t.

Again, not happy for the repeat (even less happy with how long this turkey has taken and continues to be cooked), but it at least seems like Playground have listened slightly by placing a greater emphasis on new biomes, have gone to efforts to seemingly make this expansion different from the first, and all the cars are new (some of which that were even on my own personal car wishlist).

My goodness was I wrong looking back at this post xD