Horizon DLC Hot Wheels Officially Announced

Check it out here:

Very disappointing, we waited 6 months for a re-hash of old dlc.

God Bless

8 Likes

There will be mixed receptions. Personally I’m all for it assuming it’s fun to play.

2 Likes

I am sure it will be ok, but why 6 months for a re-hash of old content, this is the laziest FH ever, nothing unique about it.

6 Likes

More than six months. If you count the time the game was first released, that’s 9 months total. The gap time between Horizon 4 (Base) and Fortune Island was only 2 and a half months.

2 Likes

Who knows. But if you’re asking me then my best guess is the first expansion for FH5 had been ready for several months now but was intentionally delayed because of FM8s late release date of Spring 2023. This way they still have new content up their sleeve to add via FH5 expansion 2 that will keep players occupied before Spring 2023 when players of course can then play FM.

I think that you are right it has been ready but I don’t think the delay was because of FM I think it was because hotwheels just released their game and it would have been in direct competition so they had to delay it. So the wait wasn’t so they could bring us something great and new it was all about the contract they had with hotwheels, nothing more. FH5 is pretty much dead to me now.

2 Likes

Ok, this is definitely the last time I buy the Ultimate Edition. Maybe next time I’ll even wait with the base game until it’s cheaper.

So the developers and the studio never learn it? Nobody wanted Hot Wheels back then, and now they do again? The only thing missing is that the second DLC will again be an embarrassing Lego universe.

It took so much longer than usual. I actually thought they would come up with a good idea and make a bigger and cool DLC.

Honestly what’s going on at the moment? Are we in the lazy trash PC game era right now? So many developers/publishers who were once good disappoint across the board. The base game is pretty good. Again a too small world map, but I already know that.

I mean seriously? Who’s excited for Hot Wheels? Even if they don’t ruin the handling and manage to capture the Hot Wheels feel. I have Hot Wheels, I don’t need a Forza-Hot Wheels combo.

Very disappointing and it just goes to show how bad publishers are at trying to get their customers’ opinions.

7 Likes

Yeah not happening with me, for me the Horizon games are the FUN Forza games and the motorsport ones are the racing games that lack fun. Gran Turismo I rank as no fun allowed whatsoever.

I do not care what happens with Motorsport and will never play another GT ever again.

Perfectly content to play Horizon 4 for a few months more and 5 until 6 comes out.

A Hot Wheels DLC makes sense given the direction the game has taken and the fact there’s nothing else to do in a traditional setting. But still I think a Mexico City DLC would’ve been a lot better for my tastes. Don’t see me buying it TBH, which is probably fine, Microsoft wants me to sub to Game Pass, not buy content.

2 Likes

I wanted it again and I hope the next DLC is Lego again

Like I said, there’s going to be mixed reviews. There will be the crowd that never played the FH3 hot wheels expansion like me and will be excited to try this. Then there will be the crowd that have played it and don’t intend on playing it again which is understandable. And then everyone in-between.

Curious to see how it’ll play w/ a wheel…IIRC the Hot Wheels expansion on FH3 was a wreckfest…just a controlled crash around a ridiculous HW course. Not really looking forward to this. Bring on FM8!

But…I would say this, FH5 HW probably would’ve been crazy in VR, what a waste.

Not sure why you’re just brushing this off as a rehash when you haven’t even seen the full details.

Looks to be a significantly bigger map with more off track areas to drive in and 4 different biomes. Different track types like magnetic, rumble and ice.
80 snappable track pieces for eventlab. Don’t remember any of that in the FH3 Hot Wheels expansion.

I very much enjoyed the original Hot Wheels expansion in Horizon 3, and in fact I go back and replay parts of it on a somewhat regular basis.

I am looking forward to this expansion in Horizon 5.

And, fwiw, I am one of the grey beards around here.

5 Likes

I personally learned my lesson this time and wont’ be purchasing ultimate editions anymore. Hot wheels? Again? First time i have ever regretted buying an Ultimate edition of any game.

4 Likes

The previous Hot Wheels DLC has been my favourite Horizon DLC so far. If I had thought there was a chance they’d revisit it, I certainly would have wanted it. As it is, I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

From what I can recall I played the other hot wheels dlc before, but never felt that connected with it for some reason I lost interest after a while, just have to see how I feel when playing it this time.

I was quite negative about the game so far. The bugs, grindy seasonal playlists, missing features, ‘new’ exclusive cars that we already drove in FH3 and FH4, one of the worst support jobs in gaming…

But for this expansion I have to say, I’m thrilled. What I could see of the map in the trailer looks amazing! I mean, Forza Horizon series is basically just getting more of the same and the new map does show some interesting parts (lava, snowy fields, crazy loops).

I think the expansion maps for FH3/4 were better than the original one, so I hope for the same here. The main map in FH5 feels like a lot of parts were randomly generated, but the expansion’s look like somebody took some actual care.

2 Likes

They don’t care about it in the same scope anymore bud.

They’ve got guaranteed Game Pass dollar now and they’re working on other 1st party titles right now so they’ve obviously had to stuff their bread & butter on the backburner whilst they venture down other avenues under pressure of gunpoint by Microsoft Game Studios execs.

They were always going to sit on the Forza Horizon licence until something better came along and they got a bigger scope. It was just a matter of time before they passed the licence on to the B Team or outsourced it to a 3rd party contractor for future development.

Looking at their stacked development backlog, I wouldn’t be surprised if PG outsourced the IP for future development to a studio like Panic Button or another contracted studio with middleware engine support from T10 on standby.

All good things wain and come to an end sadly, and after this entry I’m beginning to believe that the future for the Forza Horizon series looks not so bright.

2 Likes