Back to the 90s (Series 39) overview | update Oct. 7

Back to the 90’s (Series 39) overview

The Horizon Festival jumps back to an era filled with boy bands, flannel shirts, CDs and VHS tapes in Back to the 90’s. Not only are we welcoming a ton of nostalgia, but we also wave hello to a returning feature: the Horizon Backstage. Unlock and customize four reward cars with a style that’s very fitting for the era (that means very geometric). Enjoying Hide & Seek? Get your grind on to unlock the 10 new achievements we have lined up for you exclusive to this game mode this series. You will automatically unlock these achievements if you managed to complete them before. A new collectible item makes its way to the Horizon Festival, and don’t worry, you don’t have to return this one any time soon. Take a look at everything coming when we travel back to the 90’s!

Announcements

Dates

Invalid date Let’s ¡GO! livestream
Monday, October 7, 2024 5:10 PM Content Update
Thursday, October 10, 2024 2:30 PM Summer Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, October 17, 2024 2:30 PM Autumn Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, October 24, 2024 2:30 PM Winter Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, October 31, 2024 2:30 PM Spring Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, November 7, 2024 3:30 PM series ends

CONTENT

CARS

This update adds 4 cars to the game roster as seasonal exclusives first available to collect from the weekly Festival Playlists.

Cars Availability
1997 Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T 20 points from Summer season
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R 20 points from Autumn season
1990 Aston Martin Lagonda 20 points from Winter season
1996 Subaru SVX 20 points from Spring season

HORIZON BACKSTAGE

In case you missed a previous Festival Playlist reward car, the Horizon Backstage will help you complete your collection.

To purchase cars in the Backstage Shop you will need to get Backstage Passes, a new kind of currency to use only with this feature. Backstage Passes can be obtained in one of two ways: As a Festival Playlist Seasonal Reward for 40 PTS and on the Forzathon Shop for 1,000 Forzathon points. Therefore, you will be able to get 2 Backstage Passes per week!

To celebrate the arrival of the Horizon Backstage, you will receive a Backstage Pass via in-game message on October 10, so you can try the Backstage Shop once it goes live!

The cars available for purchase in the Backstage Shop will be voted on by the community. Each week, two pairs of cars will be eligible for players to vote for. The winning pair will become available for purchase on the Backstage Shop the following Season. To vote, enter the Horizon Backstage, select Backstage Voting, and pick your favorite pair of cars.

Get to the Horizon Backstage through the Pause menu or reach the spatial marker near the main Horizon Festival Site, then select whether you are there to vote or purchase a car!

However, you do not need to wait an entire week to make your first Backstage purchase. Here’s the initial list of cars available to buy from the Shop starting October 10:

• 1980 Fiat 131 Abarth
  • 2021 BMW M4 Competition Coupe
  • 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine
  • 1967 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
  • 2016 Pagani Huayra BC
  • 2022 Rivian R1S

Discussion topic

NEW COLLECTIBLE / PROP - VHS TAPE

It might not have 4K resolution, it might not have the best audio quality, it might not even fit in the VCR you have sitting in your basement, but we still hope you enjoy finding and smashing the Inflatable VHS collectible added to Forza Horizon 5.

In addition to taking you on a trip through memory lane, the Inflatable VHS will also appear ion a Festival Playlist Challenge on Week 3 of Back to the 90s.

In case you were thinking of opening your own video rental store in EventLab, this new collectible will also be available to use as a prop for your creations!

NEW BADGES

We have three new badges coming for Back to the 90’s all featuring your favorite memories from that era.

• Stay Cool - Take a photo of the 1997 Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T during Back to the 90’s
  • Cassetting the Trend - Equip the 90’s Outfit during Back to the 90s
  • Would You Like Help - Drive 10 miles (1.6 kilometers) in any car from the 1990s in Back to the 90’s

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS

This update adds Achievements previously announced for Hide & Seek. See Discussion topic.

NEW CHARACTER OUTFIT - 90’S OUTFIT

Unlock the 90’s Outfit by completing the #DressToImprezza Photo Challenge on the first week of the Festival Playlist.

RELEASE NOTES - BUG FIXES AND CHANGES

The content update became available for download on October 7th after 10am Pacific time.

Remember to use FH5 Report New Issues for all bugs and upvote topics.

13 Likes

Hi everyone!
This might be a new prop for eventlab.

2 Likes

Who’s excited?

3 Likes

tumblr_d2ebf1214f15f3cce51cc01b28d47dd7_8478d56a_500

4 Likes

Let’s goooooooooo

1 Like

Horizon Backstage is returning, now that’s interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tune in now:

5 Likes

Backstage is back! Good job!

1 Like

Here are new cars in Series 39:

• 1997 Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T
  • 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
  • 1990 Aston Martin Lagonda
  • 1996 Subaru SVX

So we’re getting just one brand new car this time… But I think this unique Aston Martin will suffice (even if I’d prefer the DB7 from the 90s personally) :slight_smile:

BTW, there are so many Japanese cars being added recently… don’t you think it could have something to do with the setting of Forza Horizon 6? :thinking:

EDIT: And here is the preview of Series 40:

7 Likes

Except for the Lagonda this is rather disappointing.
3 cheap JDM cars that aren’t new to Forza - yeah, not that interesting.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but they are in FH5 now. I think the 4 cars are quality picks. Some of them have been rumoured to be added for a long time. Glad to finally see it happen.

Don’t forget that FH6 is likely still a year away so plenty of cars will be added!

4 Likes

The Customisation is also very dissapointing in my Eyes.
The Toyota Soarer is just a Inline 6 Equipped Lexus SC400 that we already have ingame with the same Manufacturer Bodykit.

The Mitsubishi FTO has only a Front Bumper and Wing from Bozz Speed and the Lagonda and SVX don’t feature anything at all.

Although I guess we’ve all been spoiled a bit by the last couple of amazing Updates

3 Likes

Besides the fact that the Toyota roster continues to be fantastic, not much in this update.

Next series’ event lab props interest me for sure, but this month’s added backstage pass feature is the only really good add-on.

Hated the SVX in previous games despite being a big fan of Subaru. It’s been slow in the past.

The FTO is a nice re-addition to FH5, for sure. More Mitsubishi the better.

The Aston doesn’t really interest me that much, TBH. Hopefully a CC boat build will work out.

Edit: wait a minute….at the beginning of the livestream showing the backstage pass, it showed the Abarth Fiat 131. Don’t think this was available before in FH5? Gosh….used to be so good at remembering all the available cars. Can’t check as I’m not in front of my Xbox

Abarth Fiat 131 was added back in August 2023, alongside other missing Stellantis cars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was? Why don’t I have it in my collection then? Uh oh…wonder if it’s that old bug where cars disappeared from your garage. I’ll have to check when I get home.

It was a Festival Playlist reward:

(BTW, I wonder what happened to Alfa Romeo Stelvio, why is it still available only in FH4)

3 Likes

Ah, right. Somehow it got removed from my garage. Well….i guess I’m really glad backstage pass is back now…no worries, I’ll wait.

Got so many Forzathon points, I can buy 20 of them.

Edit: ….and yes I realize I can only get one per week in the Forzathon shop.

2 Likes

tbh seeing how much anticiptation there has been for the Chaser jzx100 and the IS300, it wouldn’t surprise me if they are being kept for FH6.

2 Likes

The article with update details is now live:

To celebrate the arrival of the Horizon Backstage, you will receive a Backstage Pass via in-game message on October 10, so you can try the Backstage Shop once it goes live!

That’s nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes