Festival Playlist events and rewards Oct. 17 - 24 (Autumn S39)

Autumn Season Festival Playlist (FH5 Back to the 90s - S39)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes.

The 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R is this week’s new seasonal reward.

AUTUMN | STORM SEASON

The season starts at 7:30am Pacific on October 17 and ends Thursday, October 24, 2024 2:30 PM
This is the second season of the Back to the 90s series.

PLAYLIST POINTS

Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Seasonal Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists, or you can use a Backstage Pass to select from the available options.

Series total: 300 Points

• Series Reward: 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500 E (Seasonal Exclusive car) (80 points)
  • Series Reward: 1992 GMC Typhoon (Seasonal Exclusive car) (160 points)

Season Total: 75 Points

• Season Reward: 1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R (newly added Seasonal Exclusive car) (20 points)
  • Season Reward: Horizon Backstage Pass (40 points)

See details on Horizon Backstage voting, car selection, and passes here.

FORZATHON SHOP

950FP Car 1997 McLaren F1 GT
650 FP Car 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
75 FP Clothing Black Danger Sign Tee
75 FP Car Horn Windows Tada
1000 FP Backstage Pass 1 Pass
60 FP / 150 FP Wheelspin & Super Wheelspin

FORZATHON EVENTS

Completing these events earn seasonal points plus Forzathon Points (FP) which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge
(5 pts) These four challenges must be completed in sequence.

Super Veloce
Diablo Own and drive the 1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
Breathing Fire Break the 200 mph (322 km/h) speed barrier in the Diablo SV
Poster Child Paint the Diablo’s car body
Hot Pursuit Win a Street Race in the Diablo SV

#Forzathon Daily Challenges
(1 pt each) Each new challenge starts daily at 7:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

That’ll Do, Pig, That’ll Do Win a Cross Country Event in the 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST
Pulp Friction Earn an Ultimate Drift or E-Drift Skill
I’m the King of the World! Reach the highest point in Mexico
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Complete a Horizon Tour
Saved by the Bel Air Earn a Lucky Escape Skill in any Chevrolet Bel Air
Country House Take photo at the Buena Esperanza Player House
Last Action Hero Earn 2 Awesome Air Skills in any Aston Martin

SEASON EVENT DETAILS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion. You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial. Access to Rally Adventure events require defeating the three team champions. Access to Hot Wheels events requires the Hot Wheels Expansion DLC; users without the DLC will still be able to gold the season and unlock the “Min, Meet Max” Achievement without these event points.

Pts Event Name Requirement Route
10 The Trial Rally Cat (A800) 1990s Rally Dirt Racing (Horizon Baja Scramble)
3 EventLab Horizon Wave Circuit (A800) Retro Supercars EventLab Island
3 EventLab Atlantica (A800) Modern Sports Cars El Lago Blanco
3 EventLab Autodromo Tierra Pròspera (S1 900) Track Toys Tierra Pròspera Circuit
2 Speed Trap Bypass (B700) 1990s Germany - 125 mph
2 Speed Zone Cliffside (B700) 1990s Germany - 105 mph
2 Drift Zone Farmland Trail (B700) 1990s Germany - 135,000 points
5 Championship Run, Forrest, Run! (A800) 1990s Muscle & Sports Cars Street Racing (The Marathon)
5 Championship 90s Icons: Lotus Carlton (B700) Vauxhall Road Racing (Estadio Circuit)
5 Championship The NSX-Files (A800) Honda NSX Street Racing (Bosque del Sur)
3 Treasure Hunt Need for Speed The Berlinetta is a top speed setter, a Street Racer at its best… A Class at most but you’ll want to boast, as you uncover the treasure chest!
2 Photo Challenge #TheCarlton Take a photo of the 1990 Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
2 Hide & Seek 5 vs 1 Complete a game of Hide & Seek
2 RA Speed Zone Tres Colinas (S1 900) 1990s USA - 90 mph
5 RA Championship All About Apex (B700) 1990s Retro Saloons El Bosque
2 HW Danger Sign Canyon Jump (S1 900) 1990s USA - 1247 feet (380 m)
5 HW Championship Hot on Their Wheels (A800) Hot Wheels Forest Gorge Hazard Sprint

MONTHLY RIVALS

The total point value of Monthly events is divided by four when applied to individual seasons; completing both events will apply up to 2 points applied to each season in this series. Post a clean lap to complete Rivals events. Cars are stock and provided as free rentals for the event. This month’s Rivals offer an opportunity to drive the Toyota Soarer and Subaru SVX before they’re available to collect for your garage.

Pts Event Route Car
1 Monthly Rivals Chihuahua Circuit Toyota Soarer
1 Monthly Rivals Emerald Circuit Subaru SVX

13 Likes

Thank you!

Many Thanks! :+1: :hugs:

Well this is unusual I happen to have tunes up for several of the SC’s, if anyone wants to try them…

Marathon SC

Honda NSX '92 - 171 354 955 (Made this specifically for Marathon a few months back and I think I have the quickest non-powerbuild auto time with it).

Honda NSX SC

NSX '92 - 147 818 598 (Trial tune from a few weeks ago, much better suited to this than the above one).

RA SC

BMW M3 '91 - 699 671 950 (Again an old Trial tune, made for Cathedral and on Rallies so should work well).

Volvo 850 - 547 120 541 (slick tires, from a Rivals week on Devil’s Pass in RA which I managed to win with this).

7 Likes

Yep, can confirm that, per my previous post

1 Like

The Marathon is a pleasant surprise. I don’t usually run the seasonal championships in co-op, but I make an exception for the finale races.

Now if only we could get one of the finale races in the Trial.

2 Likes

Good times when the unskippable last race of an FH4 Trial was 3 laps around The Goliath.

7 Likes

True but we could assume a finale race would be the only race of the Trial in FH5.

Series 7, Winter, trial race 3, making the Goliath a must win for a team that already lost 1 race.

2 Likes

You just refreshed my PTSD…

Well hopefully it goes as well when I’m back on Friday as this did, made a blueprint on Unbeatable difficulty, traffic enabled and rewinds disabled to make sure my NSX tune is up to scratch since I hadn’t actually driven it since my Rivals session with it a few months ago.

e

The AI won’t be near these sort of times tomorrow anyway with them being at Highly Skilled, even here vs Unbeatable I was in 1st after just 19-20 seconds.

4 Likes

For this week’s trail, I think my 1999 Mitsubishi EVO VI is good enough for it. This is the time against unbeatable AI.
This tune is more of a balanced build rather than a handling build. It might not be the fastest on this track but it is not slow on any tracks, and this is my personal preferance. But if you prefer more handling, I also have a full areo tune for this car.

balance build

full areo build

5 Likes

Just got a “low video memory” pop up on the one long event lab around the 2:30 mark, roughly. I don’t want to know what it’s like on an Xbox One.

Or I might have been running two instances of something at the same time by accident.

2 Likes

Just noticed that the “Atlantica” event is on the west coast which doesn’t quite match my memory of the physical geography of Mexico.

Did the Hot Wheels jump with a Hoonigan Group A car, and made it!
Couldn’t see any other car that I could use. Is there a list somewhere?

You can highlight the tile in the playlist and select the context button. On Xbox it’s the small button with the three horizontal lines. There’s small on screen instructions for it.

It only works before it’s completed though, for whatever reason.

1 Like

Believe it or not, it’s a hamburger button.

2 Likes

Ohh, I really enjoyed this one - fab tune, thank you! :smiley:

1 Like