Festival Playlist events and rewards July 14-21 (Spring S9)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes!

SPRING | HOT SEASON

The season starts at 7:30am Pacific on July 14th and closes Thursday, July 21, 2022 2:30 PM
This is the fourth and closing season of Series 9.

SERIES PROGRESS

SERIES 9: HOT WHEELS

Series total: 212 Points
Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists.

Reward: 1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill (Hard-To-Find car) (80 points)
Reward: 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT (Hard-To-Find car) (160 points)

SEASON PROGRESS

Total Points: 53
Accumulate points with any combination of completed events this season to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car.

Reward: 1957 Hot Wheels Nash Metropolitan Custom (new Seasonal Exclusive car) (20 points)
Reward: 1965 Peel Trident (Seasonal Exclusive car) (40 points)

FORZATHON EVENTS

Not only do completing these events earn seasonal points, they also earn Forzathon Points which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge: Ultra Hot (5 pts)
These four challenges must be completed in sequence for completion.

• Chapter 1: American Muscle | Own and drive the 1987 Buick Regal GNX
  • Chapter 2: Attention to Detail | Earn 2 Stars on any Speed Trap in the Regal
  • Chapter 3: Grand National | Win any Road Race Event in the Regal
  • Chapter 4: Limited Edition | Win any Street Race Event in the Regal

#Forzathon Daily Challenges (1 point each)
Each day a new challenge opens at 7:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

Hot Wheels Earn a Hard Charger Skill
Desert Rally Win a Dirt Race in the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
Horizon Customs Spend 25,000 credits on vehicle upgrades
Kar Keepers Earn 3 Clean Racing Skills in the 1969 Volkswagen Class 5/1600 Baja Bug
Eurospeed Earn 5 Stars at Speed Zones in any German vehicle
Pole Position Win a Street Race in any Rods and Custom vehicle
Sky Jump Jump a distance of 3,000ft (914m) in any vehicle

Forzathon Shop

700 FP Car 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante (seasonal Exclusive)
300 FP Car 2005 Ferrari FXX (Autoshow value 2,500,000 CR)
75 FP Clothing Hot Wheels Sundress (new Seasonal Exclusive)
75 FP Car Horn Hot Wheels Flame (new Seasonal Exclusive)
60 FP Wheelspins 150 FP Super Wheelspins

SEASON EVENTS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion.

The Trial (10 pts) | Main Street | Road Racing | (C600) Retro Muscle
Note: You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial.
Reward: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe (Autoshow value 110,000 CR)

EventLab (3 pts) | SHADY RYO PRESENTS “Hot Wheels Mountain Climb” | (S1 900) Anything Goes
Reward: 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5 (Autoshow value 105,000 CR)

Playground Games (3 pts) | Survival | Baja Circuit Playground | (D500) VW #1107 Baja Bug
Reward: 1970 Ford GT70 (Autoshow value 150,000 CR)

Danger Sign (2 pts) | Basejump | (B700) Rare Classics | 1,312.3 feet
Reward: Super Wheelspin

Speed Trap (2 pts) | Callejón | (S2 998) Extreme Track Toys | 170.0 mph

Speed Zone (2 pts) | Rio Fuerte | (A800) Modern Supercars | 110.0 mph

Championship (5 pts) | Exotics | Road Racing | (A800) Retro Super Cars
Reward: 1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 (Autoshow value 600,000 CR)

Championship (5 pts) | Hot Tunerz | Street Racing | (B700) Retro Sports Cars
Reward: *2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (Autoshow value 65,000 CR)

CHALLENGES

Treasure Hunt (2 pts) | Speed Machines | German sport hares are lightning fast, splitting any zone in three.
Reward: 100 Forzathon Points

Photo Challenge (2 pts) | #STREETBEAST | Photograph any Modern Muscle car at the Horizon Street Scene Outpost
Reward: Don’t talk about Street Scene (Forza LINK phrase unlock)

Horizon Open (2 pts) | Speed Blaster
Reward: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (Autoshow value 63,000 CR)

MONTHLY EVENTS

Forza EV (4 pts) | Horizon Mexico Circuit | Lotus Evija | Post a clean lap to complete.
Note: starting with Series 9, every month you’ll drive a different EV in this event complimenting the existing Monthly Rivals event.

Monthly Rivals (4 pts) | Chihuahua Circuit | Hot Wheels 2JetZ | Post a clean lap to complete.
Note: starting with Series 7, completing the Monthly Rivals event adds 1 point to each season’s progress for a total of 4 points applied to series progress.

SUPER7

Complete the Horizon Super7 in the creative Hub menu
Reward: 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020

Can someone explain me how to perform an “Hard Charger Skill”?

I believe it’s where you start out in a wheelspin (burnout skill) and “charge” up to a speed skill of some sort…

Just wang it in a straight line in a fast car from stationary. That should do it.

thanks Nugsy,
The event lab of this week is really the worst ever, a real nightmare

10 Likes

Strong conviction in saying we DONT need team racing back. Wow the trial was a wreckfest even with it being C class. Absolutely annoying to have your own team ram you off the road!

1 Like

One round of survival is enough
Having three rounds of the same mode in pgg sessions is just a terrible idea

1 Like

I don’t know, on the plus side it’s the most likely of the 3 PG types to end quickly.

Also liking the EventLab’s text with the class it says to use not pairing with the one PG have made it.

1 Like

Agreed, got to 95% and couldn’t get up the final incline :rage:

Update:- retried with a car with Offroad tyres fitted, no problems, completed

1 Like

Also, seasonal stunts.
Stock Lambo Lp570 does the speed zone easily
And the other two stunts shouldn’t be too hard

No problem this week to find the treasure :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not even 50% done with Eventlab but I can already say this is by far the worst ever. Not even a contest. At least it’s roughly correct class becauae getting some of the parts done with S1 J50 is workout.

1 Like

I’m struggling with the s2998 170mph speed zone, can’t even make 160 :rofl:

There has been some bad races with these halfpipes but this is by the worst of all the custom races we’ve done. I said it a while back, whoever picks these must be doing it for a good laugh. There isnt a tire compound that gives sufficient enough grip for these dumb ramps! They arent even properly leveled, I had to use the rewind at least 15 times. Who has the patience for this?

5 Likes

Use the Aston Martin Vulcan. It doesn’t have great top speed but it makes it up with fantastic handling and you’ll easily corner through the streets at 170mph

Each week, I have tried to be objective with these Events, to give them the benefit of the doubt. Y’know, thinking, “ok, this one’s not for me but maybe someone else likes this sort of thing”, I mean, I even enjoyed one or two of them, but whoooaaaaaa…

This one, this “thing”, is just utter dog’s eggs. No flow, no rhythm, no joy - I completed it only out of sheer bloody-mindedness, and I’m now going to go and rub my face with a cheese grater, just for the relief… :wink:

6 Likes

Managed to get this done in an S1 900 ATS. My attempt on the original of this EventLab yesterday was terrible in the extreme… because the track didn’t actually spawn in. It’s certainly a challenge this one and glad it’s been switched from the original A class to S1.

If you have FXX-K Evo (car pass) try DJS’ tune. Shouldn’t take too many tries.

1 Like

The person who selected this event lab should be fired.

7 Likes

Event lab Hoon RS200, S1900 |quiethush| S1 off-road tune decent. Not a fun event, but Hotwheels-ish.

Finished the season and overall it was okay.

First of all, yeah, the eventlab was terrible. But still not bad enough to come in the ‘top 10 worst eventlab races’ we had in the seasonal playlist, so at least there’s a slight improvement :smiley:

Wasn’t one made by some Youtuber who, after seeing what people have to say about his track, just said he made it as a joke?

I really don’t know why can’t they find any better tracks. Or is it by design so devs ‘official’ tracks look so much better in comparison? Because there are a lot of custom tracks out there that are just amazing!

I already said that the pgg session would be much better if we’d have 1 round instead of 3. 1 round is fun, anything more is just tedious.

Really enjoyed the Forzathon weekly. I love the Buick and an additional reason to drive it around and enter some races is just a bonus. Don’t have much of an opinion on the seasonal stunts. It’s mostly just pick a car, download a highly rated tune and that’s it.

The trial was a bit slow for me, luckily we got it in the first try, but the other championships were a blast! The A800 was just so much fun.