Horizon Retrowave (Series 34) overview | May 21 update

Series 34 overview: Horizon Retrowave

A wave filled with neon lights, synthwave music, and retro vibes floods the Horizon Festival with Horizon Retrowave, the latest update coming to Forza Horizon 5. 5 new retrofuturistic rides join your collection as this series’ reward cars including the 21st century version of a Lambo legend and Hyundai that fuses past and present in the same vehicle. Enjoy the new radio Station, Horizon Wave, that will be providing a synthwave soundtrack to your driving adventures through the Festival. This new station brings a new host and over 10 new tracks all in synthwave style. A new Neon Highway appears with neon decorations that will vibe with the music playing on your radio as you drive by.

Keep on reading to get splashed with the retro revival taking over the Horizon Festival on Horizon Retrowave!

Announcements

Dates

Friday, May 17, 2024 9:00 AM Let’s ¡Go! livestream
Tuesday, May 21, 2024 5:00 PM Content Update & Release Notes
Thursday, May 23, 2024 2:30 PM Summer Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, May 30, 2024 2:30 PM Autumn Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, June 6, 2024 2:30 PM Winter Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, June 13, 2024 2:30 PM Spring Festival Playlist begins
Thursday, June 20, 2024 2:30 PM series ends

FEATURES

• New Radio Station
  • Highway Decorations
  • New EventLab Props
  • New Cars

EVOLVING WORLD

The lights are bright and the highway long, the Neon Highway shows up at the Horizon Festival to set the retro mood for the series. Going for a drive on the Neon Highway, you’ll spot tons of different decorations all with a sweet neon groove. Take a look at the neon rails, palm trees, and tank mascots scattered around the highway as you drive. The vibes and mood aren’t the only thing the Neon Highway has; its decorations will be synched to the song playing on your in-game radio, so go for a drive and change your station to see how the highway fits your mood. Find these new decorations on the Highway near “The Marathon” event.

The Neon Highway isn’t the only part of the map getting flashy this series; neon decorations from Midnight at Horizon are coming back to races featured on series 34, and the extended night cycles are coming back with them to get a better view of all the neon lights shining through the Festival.

Drive to the right side of the Stadium, close to “The Marathon” event and take a look at the neon-fueled drone show brought to you this series. A big, bright sun made by drones will set on the edge of the Neon Highway for you to gaze at for a completely retro experience. Use this setting and event to score some amazing pictures and to dampen yourself with the retrowave coming for the next four weeks.

NEW RADIO STATION: HORIZON WAVE

The lights are set, and the location is vibing; get the complete Retrowave experience with the brand-new radio station coming to Forza Horizon 5. As soon as you enter the game, our new DJ, Isabel Moss will welcome you to Horizon Wave, the synthwave radio station kicking off transmissions with the new update. This new radio station features 21 new songs including the streamer friendly “Encanto Remix” by Mitch Murder.

• All seasonal events will have their ambiance set with the music of this new station. This feature can be disabled anytime by accessing a new option available through Settings > Accessibility > BPM Matched Environment

The complete list of songs includes:

Title Artist/Writer
Crimson Sunset (feat. The Neon Syndicate) Alex Lightspeed
Guided by Moonlight Betamaxx
Mirage Caspro
Iteration Com Truise
Waves Dance with the Dead
The Ghost and the Highway Droid Bishop
Elevate FM Attack
Recall Frank Redux
Viper GREYLANCER
C.M.O.S. Gridluster
King of the Streets Lazerhawk
Legend Of The Keeper (F.O.O.L. Remix) Magic Sword
Ocean Drive Miami Nights 1984
Accelerated Miami Nights 1984
Plug and Play Monolism
Another Night Phaserland
Mountains Saffari
Blitz Sferro
Tales of Us TRONICA
Coven VECTORWOLF
Encanto (Mich Murder Remix) Urbandawn

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

All the style and ambiance of the Retrowave could not stay on the Highway and decorations alone; we have also added a suit drenched with a vintage feel.

• The Retrowave Outfit will be available to unlock by completing the Festival Playlist’s first week photo challenge. A purple suit and a glove full of power to become completely submerged in the wave.
  • Crafted with the finest materials found across the Minecraft Overworld and the Nether, celebrate Minecraft’s 15th anniversary with two new cosmetic items. Dress your character as Minecraft’s most recognizable mobs with the Minecraft Creeper Helmet and the Minecraft Enderman Helmet. Redeem both items through the Message Center from 05/23 until 12/31!

CAR HORNS

We have added 6 new horns to fit into your car and spread the nostalgia throughout the Festival. This is the complete list of the flashback-inducing horns for you to enjoy:

• Cassette
  • Cat Wave
  • Dial Tone
  • Plasma
  • Synth Toms
  • Synth Horn

EVENTLAB

Give your EventLab creations a nice razzle-dazzle with the 20 Retrowave props featured in this series.

Every prop brought on this new update (except for the Horizon Wave sign and the Retro Sunset) will flash in-synch with the music playing on your in-game radio. Pieces include three light pattern variations: Animated, Pulsing, and Static.

Walls & Fences (with snapping functionality)

• Neon Road Barrier Left/Right
  • Neon Road Barrier Beam
  • Neon Railing

Decorations

• Neon Cube
  • Neon Pyramid
  • Neon Palm
  • Neon Tank
  • Neon Art Green 1 & 2

Lighting

• Neon Overhead Light Pink & Blue
  • Neon Double Street Light
  • Neon Street Light
  • Signs & Flags
  • Horizon Wave Sign

Gameplay

• Retro Sunset

As you might have guessed, the Retro Sunset prop in the Gameplay section is the new collectible item you will be able to find during the second week of Horizon Retrowave to add to your collection!

CARS

This update adds 5 seasonal exclusive cars available as Festival Playlist rewards in May and June, bringing the game roster to 850. The new Countach is the community’s 19th most-requested car with over 1000 votes in our Suggestions Hub.

Car Availability
2022 Hyundai N Vision 74 80 points from the series
2021 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 20 points from Summer season
1986 BMW M635CSi 20 points from Autumn season
1980 Lotus Esprit Turbo 20 points from Winter season
1986 Citroen BX 4TC 20 points from Spring season

Release Notes and Changes

The content update is avail about to download after 10am Pacific Time May 21. All bugs should posted in FH5 Report New Issues where the Forza team looks for these reports.

17 Likes

Im thinking the new radio station could be the return of future classic? Either this or a mix-matched sort of monstercat like radio station.

Are these drones?!
Also, i think the retro highway will be near the horizon street outpost (because both have purple neon lights). Street racing with the 80’s will be on top!

I’m expecting n vision 74 n hoonipigasus because of the theme…

2 Likes

The radio will remain turned off for me if the new station isn’t 80’s heavy metal.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

All i know is that cars are going to be from 1980 or a moder/concept with retro design elements. Anyone knows other options ( try to find road cars).

1 Like

I hope the IROC-Z gon’ be added in this… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

All you need to know about the cars from early 1970s to early 2000s and the new radio station in this retrowave update.

2 Likes

I think the IROC-Z and previously leaked Aston Martin Lagonda would fit nicely.
Personally I hope for at least one late 80s/early 90s exotic Supercar like a Vector, Cizeta or Lister Storm. And yes, I know unclear IP rights and licensing will probably prevent it from happening.

3 Likes

the vision n 74 is based on a car from 1974…kinda of a homage n the hoonipig is based on a 911 svr sr from 1983 kinda so they could be here in fh5!!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this bad boy as well, if this comes… oh boy…it’ll be fun!!

3 Likes

Is this a retro?

Here’s my favorite!

1 Like

yes…based on a fiat multipla from 1998!

1 Like

4 Likes

At a guess, the new radio station will probably be royalty free Retrowave music, probably from a specific recording label.

1 Like

Great series to reintroduce the Chrysler brand with this 1984 Chrysler Laser Turbo

2 Likes