Something needs to be done about Wreckers in Leagues

Why the heck would people shoot this idea down? It’ll make the game more enjoyable for everyone other than wreckers.

1 Like

I think some people get a kick out of being forum trolls. Either that or they’re lobby trolls too!

1 Like

Another option is to just make everyone ghost. That could maybe work

No. Ghost league exists for you guys that enjoy it. Personally I can’t stand it. It’s not racing. I would literally quit the game the second all public lobbies were made ghost lobbies.

2 Likes

have to agree with that…ghosting is just doing laps, may as well be doing rivals

would be nice if cars that were a lap behind were ghosted though…shouldn’t be too hard to implement either

Make lapped cars ghosted!

Microsoft is to innovation what Mesothelioma was to Carl Sagan.

This is the attitude some players have when they know they can go unpunished.

Link

2 Likes

I read this on Reddit as well. The videos he posted told a different story, the guy avoided contact and made a pass that, yeah involved some deep cuts, but not on a corner you normally would associate with corner cutters, and only when there was nowhere else to go.

Nowhere else to go? I’ll give you one spot he could’ve gone: 5th place. That guy cut a corner to gain an advantage: dirty. Period.

How do you reach the conclusion that the final corner pass is okay because “there was nowhere else to go”? If you look at the video[1], both racers take a slightly shallow line approaching the final corner. 23-24s into the video, OP goes off the gas, at a point where it seems clear that the driver in 4th has the apex. OP went in shallow, so they’ve failed to create an undercut opportunity, and the finish line is just a few yards ahead so it would likely not matter too much. 6th is a few hundred feet behind, meaning OP isn’t really contested for 5th. At the time when OP is off the gas, they could decide to not go 100% on it and finish cleanly behind 4th.

Footnotes:
1: YT link for reference

3 Likes

That video makes me wanna cry. And the fact that he’s calling it an “EPIC” pass is ridiculous.

nettrom nailed it.
In that last corner ALL four wheels are on the grass and he did it intentionally to gain an advantage…Period.
Had nowhere to go? How about don’t cheat and finish 5th cleanly.

4 Likes

I was in my first online lobby today. I am new at this and work very hard to stay off other cars. It seems like there is a group that just cuts corners and purposely tries to wreck you. I don’t get it. I hit someone today I was trying to pass, I then slowed and let them back by. Is it so hard to try and actually follow the rules of racing?

Any areas better than others for clean racing?

Thanks!

Just curious is the damage set to sim in league races? How many think it would be nice to have a sim lobby’s?

Oh look another crasher got banned
http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst54438_Banns.aspx

Believe it or not, that guy was in Pinnacle. I saw him in action last week in the Can-Am league.

1 Like

I also saw him in the Can-Ams; he would cut every corner possible at Yas Marina, shove you out of the way and then wait up and take out anything that tries to lap him. At COTA I remember lapping him near the final corner, and he hit me so hard I landed on top of a tyre barrier.

2 Likes

I remember that race PJ, among the other races he terrorised us in. At least we have 29 and a bit days of peace away from this player.

1 Like

Now we just need to worry about the other 4000 wreckers :wink:

1 Like

I was able to try for my second time today to join in the multiplayer forums. Frustrated! Seriously? It is a complete crash fest. Does anyone try to race or is everyone just given up on clean racing?

I was watching John’s Twitch feed today, so you’d think that with 20 or so players plus another 80 or so watching that no one would try and wreck John or others in full view?

But one did without any care whatsoever and was obviously removed. To me this shows that wreckers are out of control with limited consequences given to aggressors who just have no clue.