Welcome to the Series 6 Update, officially named Horizon Customs as Forza Horizon 5 celebrates both the creative and racing talents of our amazing players with important upgrades to Horizon Open and EventLab which you can read more about below. Also, we are happy to welcome back our good friend, esteemed drift aficionado Robert Glenn who has arrived in Mexico to setup Drift Club Mexico as you’re invited to push the limits of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 in our first post-release Horizon Story.
Seasons change each Thursday at 7:30am Pacific time (UTC-7).
|March 31 - April 7
|April 7 - 14
|April 14 - 21
Forza Monthly invited Vaughn Gittin Jr. to talk about the Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 and the new Drift Club Mexico Story.
Let’s ¡GO! previewed the Series 6 content and new cars from Festival Playlist rewards and Car Pass DLC along with updates to EventLab and Horizon Open.
|How to Get
|2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400
|Drift Club reward
|2012 Ascari KZ1R
|1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
|Car Pass DLC
|2021 McLaren 765LT Coupe
|2021 McLaren 620R
|Car Pass DLC
|2018 ATS GT
|2021 MINI John Cooper Works GP
|Car Pass DLC
|2014 McLaren 650S Spider
|2019 Porsche 911 Speedster
|Car Pass DLC
In total, 27 new clothing items are available to acquire from the Series 6 Festival Playlist, Drift Club Mexico and the Customize Character interface. Here’s what you can look forward to:
DRIFT CLUB THEME
- Drift Club Tee, Race Helmet, Racesuit
HORIZON CUSTOMS THEME
- Builder’s Outfit, Helmet, Gloves
- Creative Tee
- Hoodies: Painter, Tuning, Photo
SHORT SLEEVED SHIRTS
- Animals: Natural Bird, White Leopard
- Leaf: White, Natural
- Pattern: Yellow, Triangle, Doodle
- Farid Rueda Bear
- Pattern: Colourful Leaf, Teal, Red Doodle, Doodle
- Leopard: White, Grey, Grey Pattern
- Bird: White, Colourful
- Mechanical Whizz
- Paint Spray
- Pinball Machine
- Wheelspin Win
- Piñata Pop
- Stories group updated with a Drift Club tab, offering the Drift Club Tee, Drift Club Racesuit, Drift Club Helmet, and Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 as rewards.
- Evolving World group added the Series 6 Collector accolade to the New Cars tab.
NEW STORY: DRIFT CLUB MEXICO
Drift Club is expanding to Mexico! Welshman Robert Glenn, a kindred spirit of drifters who share a real love for controlled oversteer, has flown over from Horizon’s Britain, bringing with him a new set of challenges that celebrates the engineering and technical delight of going sideways. Players who have built the Horizon Rush Outpost will be able to start playing Drift Club Mexico immediately, taking you behind the wheel of seven of the world’s coolest drift cars – each tuned and tweaked to celebrate the past, present and future of drifting. Additionally, by completing all six chapters, the all-electric 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 will be added to your garage, and you’ll learn some fun insights on just how revolutionary this car is courtesy of Formula Drift champion and RTR Vehicles founder Vaughn Gittin Jr.
- The Accolades / Stories menu has been updated to include this Story.
HORIZON OPEN CUSTOM RACING
- Matchmake with likeminded players based on your desired racing parameters, such as PI class and type of race.
- New stand-alone progression system: XP earned in Horizon Open contributes both to the traditional player level and the new Horizon Open level. Each level has a specified XP target, which you can view alongside upcoming rewards in the Horizon Open tile. You’ll also find a new additional XP bar for your Horizon Open level on the post-race screen.
- Badges are a new reward type earned by completing special challenges or by levelling up in Horizon Open. These add a small colorful icon beside your Gamertag and are visible in Horizon Life Free Roam, race standings and Leaderboards. Complete challenges to unlock new Badges and redeem those already unlocked via the dedicated Badges menu under the Campaign tab.
- New Horizon Open Leaderboard displays your total Horizon Open XP and unlocked Badges. Compare XP earned with your friends and the global Forza community.
- New original props: concrete and plaster walls; concrete, dirt, and asphalt platforms; neon shipping containers and directional arrow decals; a tyre stack wall and concrete pillar, as well as festival-inspired towers and Lunar New Year lanterns.
- New Scale Gravity rule allows creators to either increase or decrease the gravity forces applied to a player car – from 10% impact to 200%.
- Improved terrain visibility for a better visual experience when playing elevated EventLab creations (on Xbox Series X|S and PC)
- Added option to preview sounds
The Series 6 content update will be available to install on Wednesday, March 30th. Read the full list of changes and fixes at Forza Support.
- Added HUD for cars with Race Mode type functionality to support the new Drivetrain swap mode on the Ford Mustang Mach-E
- Re-tuned the dirty air aerodynamic effect: the change reduces the amount of total downforce lost due to dirty air and improves the total aerodynamic balance distribution when following closely another car. This effect is more noticeable when driving very fast with cars that produce a sizeable amount of downforce
- 4-gear Drift gearbox added to upgrades
- Some users may notice refunded Car Mastery Skill Points after the update