Performance - Frame drops and stuttering while driving in the Valle De Foraneos Dunes (3890320)

indeed , like we said : downgrade to 531.29 and all is fine with the dune region even with all parameters to max/extreme

I’ve also tried bumping deformable terrain down from ultra to extreme and the game seems much happier even with that change. Haven’t tested it for too long but it’s already seemed like a world of difference.

1 Like

I started a thread in the NVidia forums if anyone would like to add their info. Maybe it will help speed a resolution we provide as much info as possible.

FH5 Expansion FPS Drop | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

1 Like

We have identified a change in the latest NVIDIA driver 531.41 which has caused the rendering of deformable terrain types to become very expensive. This was not the case in the previous driver version 531.18 so users affected by this problem could try disabling deformable or rolling back to the previous driver version.

We are continuing to investigate this issue for the upcoming High Performance series update on April 27.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. RTX 4080 I7 13700 KF and 32 gb of Ram.
The sand dunes area is just broken.

I play the game on a Ryzen 5 5600 with 4070TI, and at the new map mostly where biome is sand, the game start shuttering (unbearable). It really break the experience.

Try lowering or completely disabling Deformable Terrain Quality.

1 Like

Same for me! (3090). Its certainly a bug because GPU usage drops from 90% to about 30% when I notice the frame drops. Its ruining the expansion at the moment!

same for me , I noticed my gpu was below 40% when frame drops , really hope a patch soon.
The only solution for me it to disable completely Deformable Terrain Quality.
So I stop playing the expansion for the moment.

From the original NVIDIA Drivers Changelog:

Yet my post was burried here. Well, thanks for that.

Has this been fixed yet?

See my post #45 - April 27.

1 Like

Did Nvidia’s new driver from 2 days ago fix the issue?

This issue was fixed with the content update on 25 April 2023.

At the time of the fix this issue had 34 votes.

1 Like