Very poor optimization and performance in PC (Game pass)

Hi guys, this game is very promising but in PC the game has a really bad optimization. I play Forza Horizon 5 a lot of in my PC, and the perfomance and optimization is absolutely a BEAST. But with Motorsport I try to change some graphics settings and nothing workds to put good visual with good perfomance while Forza Horizon 5 I had more than 80 fps all in Ultra Settings also in 1440p resolution, I can even have 60 fps with 1080p resolution. The GPU feels like can give more power resources but the game can take advantage of the power, pretty rare thing.

My graphic card is a RX 6700xt, good one for 1080p/1440p, not interesting in ray tracing effect at the moment, I disable it also but perfomance still bad, I try to put the settings in medium, low, I test all, also disable Vsync, etc. etc. That you can imagine… Game gives me 45-55 fps with drops, sometimes 60, but not stables. I have the recommendation CPU I5 11600, I think I have a good PC for can play it, I see more people even with better PC than me with problems of perfomance, I hope you can resolve in a soon patch with AMD, people also report problem with Nvidia High GPUs.

Some translation into Spanish (Spain International) is not good, for example: “rolling start” could be: “Salida lanzada” and “standing start” could be: “Salida en parado” not “De pie”. The compounds of the tires
as well is bad translate it, for example: Soft compounds = “Blandas” not “suaves”, Hard = “Duros” not “díficiles”. There are also some other words that do not match the meaning with the context, I can image that has been translated literally by a generic translator. Please only takes some time to translate this part good, Spanish is one of the most spoken languages ​​in the world, I hope they correct that :pray:

I know that game is in early access, but I pay for it and I can’t play it, really sad… I trust in your effort in this month to fix this problems.

8 Likes

YA it could be better

I have a 3080 and a Ryzen 5 3600. Imagine my joy when I realize that I am struggling to hit what looks like 780p.

4 Likes

Clearly you weren’t there for the beginning of FH5. Either that or you were one of the lucky ones who didn’t have issues on PC.

That game launched in a horrendous state. Common crashes, incredibly bad optimization, visual bugs and glitches, the works.

The issue was ignored for months and wasn’t even acknowledged in the patch notes for the patches that eventually fixed it.

I’d keep your expectations low for this to be solved in any reasonable timeframe.

2 Likes

Yes true, I was in the launch and also bad perfomance, later with some patches mega job. I hope the same for this tittle…

And if you Set everything high the framerate drops extremly.

1 Like

It’s game pass. Pretty much most games run like garbage initially compared to other services (Steam, Gog). It could be that Windows store anti tamper protection is affecting it.

1 Like

Set frame target to unlocked with out vsync. I think there is some bug with vsync active

2 Likes

mine keeps chashing sometimes when i get to the finsh line its done it 4 times now i reinstalled on a new ssd and still doing the samething

this is just blatantly a lie

there is absolutley no difference in how games run on GP vs Steam

what are you even saying?!

4 Likes

I’ve had issues, but I’m pretty sure none are gamepass related. When I played on day 1 of early access my performance was SUPER choppy, getting 25-35FPS. Turns out it was a bug caused by changing some of the graphics settings, and restarting the entire game was the only way to fix it. So any time I change graphic settings I have to restart the game to not have it debilitate my performance. It’s been a few days though, I should test it again to see if its still doing it.

That aside, I haven’t had any other egregious performance issues. I get 60-80FPS @1440p on an RTX3080. I play with DLSS set to Quality, but I have track, car, and livery textures pinned at Ultra, so DLSS isn’t mucking with them(this resolved almost all of my stuttering issues). I also have lens and blur effects disabled, because WHY.

Oh yeah, an important thing that I did that I think everyone should do. Do a “clean” install of the latest graphics driver for your GPU. In GeForce Experience, when you click to install the driver, there’s a small checkbox at the bottom of the window that pops up that says “Perform a clean installation”. This completely uninstalls the current GPU driver before installing the new one. A common fix for weird performance issues.

2 Likes

I played FH5 on the beggining, I did not have any problems… maybe I was one of the luck ones?

1 Like

Im on a 5600x & 6800xt (recommended specs)with 32gb ram and certain tracks just tank performance.
LimeRock, Watkins Glen no issues, Nurburg, Laguna Seca struggle to maintain above 30fps at 1920x1080 (dynamic rendering set to medium), raytracing off, 60fps Vsync on.

When I ran AMD Performance Overlay, on the problem tracks less than 40% cpu utilization, less than 30% gpu utililaztion.

I also tried setting Dynamic Rendering to low and it made zero difference.

Now if I run the Benchmark I happily hit a solid 60fps constantly :smiley:

I thought I should add…

Not only low GPU utilazation but its clock rarely goes above 1000mhz :smiley: GPU temp 50C cpu Temp 40C :smiley:

1 Like

Yes you very much were. Based on the small sample size of my clan, about 50% had some major issue. I was hit the worst out of everyone though. I couldn’t even load up the game for three days.

Even then it took turning down the settings (even though my computer should have and does now run max settings just fine) and performing some system voodoo to keep the game from crashing every 10 minutes. That all kept it down to every 1 to 3 hours.

Same Issue on 5600x & 7900xt with 32 GBs…
I get around 45 FPS@1440p.

GPU util’s around 70% with 2.3k - 2.5k clock speed. CPU util’s only around 30% with clock speeds never past 4 GHz…
Bought the game in the xbox app.

I’ve found a non official patch which; regarding the descriptions changes the installation to use Steam instead of UWP… no clue what it does or how it works… I’ve tested this on a seperate installation on the system…
What I’ve found out.

With patch installed on the 2nd installation…
on both versions: 75 FPS (exact same settings) 2.9k Clock speed @ 99% GPU Util… 4.6 GHz and >50% CPU util.

So something’s off with the UWP stuff.

Digital foundry testing games and suggests optimal settings

Try to disable HDR in Windows Settings. It works for me on my 3080 and 3800 X3D. With HDR 20 - 30 FPS all Ultra Settings and without HDR i get average 75 FPS.

Flipping options in game don’t make much difference in my case. It seems to be more to do with how the game is utilizing the Cpu, which in turn, isn’t feeding the Gpu.

I’ve had a bit of luck disabling multithreading (hyperthreading on Intel) & it did make a reasonable difference. It’s still not perfect but Laguna Seca now only had a couple of brief dips down to about 45fps, with it staying pretty much at 60fps for most of the track.

I also don’t have HDR on the 1080p screen I’m using as it’s a pretty old 38inch samsung I dug out for when I’m not racing in VR.

I’m sure they will patch the issues eventually & all in all I’m enjoying it quite a lot… when it’s smooth.

It looked terrible, played terrible, looked mega washed out, and was all over the place with fps… compete crap experience…so I refunded the premium add-on and uninstalled.

I’m waiting for the new WRC game, that’s what I want anyhow…

on a side note, they let me keep the E-ray… haha

1 Like

Same problem. The funny thing is, this isn’t at the known issues.