Graphics - PC performance / DLSS does not apply or work when turned on (1577163)

Anyone else having absolutely terrible performance with FM? At the point of questioning something is broken.

My PC should be pretty capable of running the game. But the game will not go any higher than 45fps on my 3080RTX PC.

I’ve tried changing graphics settings, turning RT off but the gains are marginal. More interestingly switching DLSS from Ultra Quality all the way down to Ultra Performance doesnt seem to effect framerates much at all. Maybe gains me a frame or 5 in total.

Help!

there seems to be something weird going on with game itself. I’ve seen alot of other people report similar issues and yet there are others (like me) who are pulling 105fps on ultrawide 3440x1440p on High settings, with DLSS on Ultra or off. And i’ve got the same Graphics card as you lol, RTX 3080.

You’ve restarted the game after making any changes? I’ve seen others say that many settings seem to require a restart.

3 Likes

If I run the benchmark on my system with DLSS set to off or balanced I get significantly better frame rate with it set to off. This is on an Nvidia 4080 and a Samsung 49" ultra wide 5120x1440. Other settings are custom, trying to hit 120 FPS consistently, which I am struggling to do without lowering a lot of the settings to where the graphical quality goes down too far.

I am having similar issues. Can’t seem to get performative framerates on my RTX3080.
Something seems definitely broken with DLSS.
Changing DLSS from Ultra Quality to Ultra Performance doesn’t seem to do anything at all.

3 Likes

Remember to upvote your own topics and ones you reply to - vote count is important for monitoring the number of players impacted.

1 Like

I’m getting the same issue. Best I can do is a barely stable 60fps on medium. I’ve tried every setting between medium to ultra, RT off/on, dlss, resolution scaling, etc. Nothing affects my fps a large enough amount to justify my framerate. It’s just a bunch of small performance hits of like 2fps but my average is already so low that it’s a big dip. Which also means I don’t gain much by lowering the quality. Even setting to default/auto makes my framerate worse.

Not to mention the near constant microstutter that makes it look like 30fps even though it says 60.

3080 12Gb
5900x
32GB RAM
32:9 Ultrawide 5120x1440 (playing at 3840x1080 which is a bit more overall pixels than 1440p)

4 Likes

I have a similar problem too ,When I open the game for the first time, I play the first game with ray tracing turned on, there is no problem, but when I enter the second race, the fps drops a lot.

rtx 4060ti 8gb
ryzen 5 5600x
32gb ram

2 Likes

When I first open the game and have ray tracing turned on in my first race, I have no problems, but when I enter the second race, the fps drops incredibly(I do not have problems when ray tracing is turned off). Also, I could not see any effect of dlss, it seems to have no effect. When I first opened the game, fsr was not visible in the settings, now fsr is visible but there is no dlss setting .

ryzen 5 5600x
rtx 4060ti 8gb
32 gb ram
I play on nvme m.2 ssd

What you are describing is very much how my experience has been. Changing graphical settings, DLSS modes or RT doesn’t really seem to do much to performance at all.
At a starting grid with lots of cars. The game runs in the 20fps range for me. (RTX3089). I go to change graphical settings, turn on DLSS to performance mode and the framerate stays pretty much the same.
I am at a loss.

1 Like

I literally did not know FSR was an option. Never seen it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a mess. In fact when I went from performance to quality my frame rate went up. So it’s an absolute cluster right now. Totally unusable I have it turned off

2 Likes

Hey Max how do you upvote your own comment? the little heart symbol doesn’t show on my own comments

Hit the box in the top left corner of your post with the number and vote button.

1 Like

2 Likes

Have this same issue. After one or two races the frame rate tanks. When I check the options menu DLSS has disappeared and FSR 2.0 has appeared. It seems DLSS is getting disabled after a race or two and I have no idea why. That results in the FPS of the game tanking too.

1 Like

RTX 3090
Ryzen 3950x
64gb ram
Gen 4 nvme
Samsung g9
Strugle to get 60fps on high

I would if I could even find it…

same issue here…did they even test Nvidia cards? Seriously, how is the game can release in this state and seeing repeated feedback on pc version from reviews and players alike. Something this poor quality shouldn’t get missed in qa testiing.

1 Like

I have a 4090 and so far with a mix of high and ultra settings I’m benchmarking at 63fps in game, and during play I get quick dips into the low 50s regularly. The frame rate seems to fluctuate a lot, and I have found I get slight better fps with all DLSS options off. With any DLSS option ( performance all the way to quality) I benchmark at 61fps. Its definitely got some stutters to it, and something seems broken somewhere.

1 Like

I have the same settings 'ish on a 3080Ti.
Running the game normally at 100-110 FPS at 1440P
I have noticed that when i pause the game or use the rewind, my FPS drops into 55-60 FPS.

It seems to fix itself when i pause/unpause once or twice. Not sure if its a DLSS thing. Got mine set to balanced.