Erratic performance/GPU load

I’m having odd issues with the game too…
I5 11600K, RTX3090 (Drive 537.42) 32 gig of ram and installed the game on an SSD.

Game has some very odd settings to get the performance anything like, But after a bit of tweaking I’m getting around 80fps on an ultrawide 1440p monitor.

Game looks O.K. but far from Stella with plenty of aliased edges.

Anyway now to the issue. I’m monitoring the game with afterburner. sitting at about 80ish FPS GPU 95 to 100%, CPU sitting around 50%. Then for no reason frame rate dumps to around 35-40fps and GPU drops to about 45%. I’m watching temps they are ok at about 58deg. and clock speed is not dropping. Just load drops, Then after a lap or so, back up to 100% and 80fps.

Hi,

With Radeon 7900XTX i look :

GPU render 0 FPS and 54 FPS

I don’t know there are link with your observation.

Did a few more bench tests today. Same settings as above, Nothing changed. First run 35fps, Following runs 69fps. went out the benchmark and ran again. Fist run 35fps following run 69fps.

Shut down the game, fired up MSI afterburner. re-run bench test. all runs 58fps. It like V-Sync has tried to engage but the frame times where all over the place, maxing out at 60fps but dipping to around 54. GPU was running at about 74%.

Can’t believe how much better this game runs on my Series X. Did they bother with P.C. testing?

check my optimize settings;
Best Graphics Settings in Forza Motorsport 2023 - Best Quality with Max Performance 4K - YouTube

Well turns out what the issue was… Turn10 and Nvidia don’t give a monkeys about those that pre-ordered to get the game 5 days early. Quite happy for them to have crap performance until the game is released on gamepass and the release day one drivers (5 days late) .

I noticed if I enter career mode my frame rate will go from ~75fps to 35fps or less. It will stay this way even if I exit career mode and jump into a custom race. The only fix is to restart the game.

no

well issues are back, Guess I was just on a good run. also what’s going on with the mirrors. Playing the early online races with the civic. Mirror is massive and the image quality in it is Shockley bad. almost like it’s zoomed in, It even makes cars look way closer than they are if you actually look behind you. Game is so broken on P.C. :frowning: (Just checked Mirrors are crap on the Xbox version too)

Thank you all for your input. We have been working diligently to improve the performance of the game with each Update. To make sure we have the most up-to-date information on performance and crash issues you all are experiencing, we will be closing out this old thread and encourage you to open new ones so we can better triage and monitor. Thank you.