Performance - Frame drops and stuttering while driving in the Valle De Foraneos Dunes (3890320)

Just got into Sierra Nueva, I’m starting to explore all of the roads in a D class Jeep, got to the Valley de Foraneos area and the framerate immediately gets weird. It stutters and hitches and is generally quite awful.

Interestingly, I had the exact same issues on my old 6th gen i7 whenever I would set the FPS above 60 in FH5 (FH4 happily glided along at 240 on that system.)

My brand new 13th gen i5 was similarly happily screaming along at 240 in Mexico but as soon as I hit the dunes region in the new DLC it started tanking like crazy, even when set at 60 fps.

Win 10 with MS Store copy, 3080 RTX, 32gb DDR5 6200 RAM.

Edit: The very instant my tires hit pavement again I could feel the performance improve to where it should be. However, as soon as I hit the dirt road leading up to the airstrip the performance again started to worsen. Not as bad as on the sand but the dirt road was causing issues as well.

Same here. The utilization of my GPU (RTX 3080) fluctuate extremly in this part of the map which cause stuttering.

1 Like

Also experiencing this - frames jump from a perfect 70-80 down to literally 10-20fps on a 3090 Ti and i9-10850k so would love to see this fixed as soon as possible!

1 Like

Same problem , huge for me. The game was very smooth , never had a problem in FH5 and latest update brings poor optimisation , really hope a patch soon.
I stopped to play for the moment

1 Like

Poor performance everywhere on this expantion lol. fps drops for me and stutters. from 120-100 to 60-50.

How are we supposed to enjoy the expantion when its the same technical problems all over again? Classic forza

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same problem on a 3080 12GB and 12600k

1 Like

If you’re having trouble then please remember to vote, it might help draw more attention to the issue!

1 Like

For those having issues with RTX cards, what drivers are you currently running? I haven’t done the current updated drivers install yet (531.41). I’m still using 531.29 and haven’t had the same issues everyone else is having (3080 12Gb).

Running latest drivers on a RTX 4090 with a i9-9900k and also experiencing my fps being cut in half with significant hitching and stuttering. CPU and GPU usage drop significantly when the issue occurs.

1 Like

I’m using the newest drivers (531.41) with RTX 4090 and I5-12600K and absolutely horrendous performance, frame pacing allover the place and huge fps drops, not great update.

I’ll try later with DLSS if it makes any difference but with native 4K performance is really poor.

1 Like

Same problem, performance plumets to 25fps in dunes. Drive away and it returns to 100fps. Ryzen 7 5800x & rtx 3080 strix. Everywhere else seems fine and stable. Latest drivers 531.41.

1 Like

Same here with 5600x and a 3080TI FE

1 Like

Using the 531.41 drivers over here.

Same issue here. GTX 3080 with current drivers.

120-160 FPS all over, drops to 3 FPS with hitching in dunes.

1 Like

Same problem with RTX 3080 10 GB and 5900X. Turning on DLSS makes zero difference.

Barely managed to 3-star that Dunes speed zone with my Koenigsegg Jesko.

EDIT: do a fresh reboot of PC, then start up game and go straight to dunes. No stuttering. So this builds up over time, like a memory leak. I am already running the “Reduce Memory” tool to prevent this though…

1 Like

Rally adventure performance issues just about anywhere. In the palm forest as well. Stuttering when knocking down the pinata collectible or the palm trees.

The game works perfectly fine on main map and on almost all of the expansion map except for the dunes region. It goes down to a slideshow in that area but everything comes back to work perfectly fine the moment I leave that area. 3060Ti (531.41) and i5-11400F at 1080p.

Lowering “Deformable Terrain Quality” from extreme to ultra fixed all the performance related issues for me.

5 Likes

Hi MPaulPhoenix ,
I just lowering Deformable Terrain Quality from extreme to ultra , it s a little bit better but unfortunately still many stuttering and almost unplayable in dure Region.
The update is really broken for me and I really hope a patch soon.

1 Like

Turn off terrain deformation completely in graphics setting and it fixes it.

Doesn’t look great but yea I am not playing at 10fps despite having a 3080. Hopefully they patch it soon.