Nonsensical performance issues on PC with 3080

Did you manage to fix it?
I have a i5-13400K, and a 3060TI. Tha game keep lagging, don’t run smooth, I am playing with 1080p, high… it should keep 60fps on ultra. :confused:

I dunno, is there someone that runs the game smooth with a 3060ti?

so as i had mentioned before, ill start a race at 80-90 fps, (2k, high settings), then itll hitch and down to around 50 fps, and never come back up, no matter what is on screen. i put the screen in windowed, then back to ful (Alt-enter, Alt-enter), and it got my fps back up for a few laps, then a random hitch and the fps dropped to 50 again… i tried playin windowed mode, and the fps never dropped… obviously not ideal nor acceptable, but might be insight into whats going on…

Disabling HDR in Windows Settings works for me at my 3080 and 3800X3D.

I have a 3060ti and Intel(R) Core™ i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz.

I’ve tried so many ‘fixes’ and none of them stop the 60fps all of a sudden dropping to like 18fps. Might get one race in, maybe 3 if i’m lucky, then it drops and only way to fix it is reload the game.

Even then on reload sometimes it’s messed up.

Sadly I think this game is never going to be any good for me. Whether it’s the CPU, graphics card, motherboard, who knows…but seeing people with 4090s also have issues makes me think there’s such a major issue, if they could fix it easily they would have already.

I also hear Jedi Survivor isn’t that much better performance wise since it launched so these things are no easy to fix clearly. All the more reason for my refund, which was denied.

It is probably your windows installation, I have no problem at al;l on my end.

what windows are you running?

The best results I’ve gotten was to make sure nothing was set to Auto in the graphics options. I know I’m hovering around 45FPS, but that is running Ultra car and track detail. Everything else is a mixture of Medium and low.

Oh, and I am about to turn DLAA back off. That will put me back at 60FPS. My rig is a Ryzen 5 3600 with an RTX 3080 10GB, and 16GB of DDR4. Not bleeding edge, but it should run this game at 5836 x 1080 with little issue.

I’ve had to turn off RT completely and still use Ultra Perf DLSS to get decently smooth gameplay on the 3080.

RT? Ray tracing? What’s that? I never heard of the stuff…

Pssst - Us 3080 users aren’t supposed to talk about RT. Which is kind of sad, cause the 3080 crushes ray tracing in a game like Cyberpunk 2077. I am sure you can attest to that, right?

But, yeah. We peasants with anything less than a 3080ti are not deserving of RT in Forza. But don’t say that aloud. They’ll send you to a “Scared Straight” for speaking bad about Forza, And don’t quote me, cause I ain’t heard…

I have a 3080 with a monitor large enough that I feel the need to use Windows “Scale & Layout” (DPI) @125%. I’ve linked this before in other threads but if anyone is in a similar situation it helped me a lot:

1 Like

New NVIDIA patch gave me +10fps

Can someone point me in why do I have this kind of benchmark? I feel those as stutters…
1080p everything at low…with a 3060ti…what can be the problem?

Game is problem… Half of people get sh*ty Performance, half don’t. Clearly game has issue that causes that.
You can refund, or just wait for patch…
First 5 days I spent more time trying to fix game than actually playing it. I hoped for Day One patch. Now I just went back to FH5…

1 Like

Having the same issue as OP on a 5600x with a 3070ti at 1440p. I can do Silverstone at 80 fps, then maple Valley at 80 fps, back to silverstone at 40 fps without changing any settings. Then restart the game and try Silverstone again, still 40 fps. It’s semi-random, and completely unplayable.

I tried some of the solutions in this thread, including disabling hyperthreading (SMT on AMD cpus) and turning off HDR, but sadly need to report that none of these fix the problem

1 Like

Thanks for this! Fixed my very muddy and flat graphics. Utterly ridiculous to hide output resolution scaling like that! - I’d spent 2 hours mucking about with render scaling settings, as it was clear that something was being upsampled.

Now getting a solid 90fps on high/ultra mix in game on a 3080ti, 1440p ultrawide, native resolution.

1 Like

Youre out of vram dawg. On the pic where you are running 18fps you are using 8 out of 7gb lf vram.

Disabling hyperthread in the BIOS fixed completely the issue for me.

Same settings, zero stutters compared to 17 in 30 seconds.

1 Like

So nobbling performance of everything else on your system to sort FM?

Wouch

If I can still run 60fps at 4k I would not complain with overall loss of performance.