Nonsensical performance issues on PC with 3080

Hi guys. Maybe this could help. Give it s try.

Thanks for sharing that - but i tried doing all those steps and I thought it had fixed it too, but about 15 minutes later it messed up again. This is why I have now given up and requested a refund.

I now realise why all the streamers were playing it on Xbox, not PC, I suspect they were mandated to only stream from Xbox platform.

This “game” clearly has myriad of performance related bugs…
I used DF tips for setting up graphics, and have tried it in 4-5 Freeplay races, all of them with full grid, random weather, random track, so it was good mix of everything, and it ran good, 55-75fps, occasional micro stutter, but all in all good enough, mind you it was not looking perfect, lot of occasional blurriness and so on…
But I thought; Okay, I fixed it, let’s go back to Carrer…
Finished practice, and surprise, I have 23 fps in race!?

I’m running RTX3070ti+R5800x3d… It runs FH5 (game that looks miles better and sharper) Max settings in locked 80 fps!!!

WTH Turn 10!? Game works only if you restart it after every race, what’s that.
How to at least put little statement out, we are working on it, how about at least acknowledging the issue…
How it’s possible to mess up so bad…
It’s Cyberpunk situation once again… We will need to wait for v2.0 for game to work properly…
I’m not sure that Forza Motorsport can survive that…
If there’s not an Day-One Patch that fixes at least performance issues, game will be slaughtered online…

4 Likes

You’ve summed it up very well. It’s wholly unacceptable. I’ve given up and started a refund process. I also lodged a support ticket with Forza Support and am waiting for a reply.

Day one patch is massively needed, otherwise this game is dead on arrival. I even rolled back my Nvidia drivers to pre-Starfield patches just in case that was messing things up, no change, still messed.

I’m so glad I didn’t upgrade any of my hardware for this which I was tempted to do, glad I have my 3060ti which should be enough.

1 Like

Fixd my issues stable 60fps.

2 Likes

Other than the settings I posted previously I really don’t know what else to suggest! the games been running maxed out in 1440p @ 60fps for me on a i9 9900k & 3080.

I’ve seen others with 4090’s and i9 13900k and there running into bad performance too, I really don’t get what’s going on with this game right now! I hope Turn 10 are monitoring this forum and are hopefully working on a patch.

3 Likes

That is absolutely insane. Why would they do this? I mean there’s a resolution scale option in the advanced settings to scale up or down the internal res, why would they also have this weird setting? Mind boggling.

1 Like

I just requested a refund, such a shame. Was so looking forward to this for many years.

Did you manage to get a refund?

My refund request for Premium Add-On Pack was rejected. I bought it from MS/Xbox Store. Maybe I should have bought it from Steam - at least there would have been a great chance to get a refund, although I would have lost the ability to play/try it on console.

Blockquote Did you manage to get a refund? My refund request for Premium Add-On Pack was rejected. I bought it from MS/Xbox Store. Maybe I should have bought it from Steam - at least there would have been a great chance to get a refund, although I would have lost the ability to play/try it on console.

My refund request for Premium Add-On Pack was also rejects, I got it as part of the Gamepass addon.

I’ve replied saying it’s unacceptable as the game doesn’t function and is unplayable, which is true at 18fps. It keeps doing it.

Without the refund I read some more posts and someone said they fixed their issues by running in windowed mode, which I just tried, was great for a quick race, and then builders cup one practice session, then qualifying back to 18fps…so I don’t think there’s a fix outside of waiting for an Nvidia patch, and/or Forza patch.

OK. Thanks for answering.

If you haven’t already, check out Digital Foundry’s optimization guide video - maybe you can find something helpful from there.

4090 and i7 13700 k here - 90fps on Ultra around 70% of the time but then get random drops to around 50 for no reason whatsoever. Getting the menu stutters, stuttering on the cut scenes and some really strange artifacts in the shadow details. Also, the presentation is really really soft - especially underwhelming as I use a 21:9 WS monitor and all menus/car vista views don’t extend across the screen.

Feels like MSFS, going to need many months of optimisation to get it playable.

To the AMD users, please try the following. I was able to push 1080p Ultra/High no RT at above 60FPS on an RX 6700 XT 12GB this way.

In game:

• Set framerate to Unlocked (no VSYNC)

In AMD Adrenaline:

• Under Gaming → Graphics enable “Radeon Enhanced Sync”

I am very frustrated with the seemingly random degradation of performance. The game will be running perfectly fine but when I try another race (even on the same track) sometimes the performance will drop to the 30s and become unplayable until I restart the game. Very annoying to deal with.

Same here, and this is why no amount of tweaking of the settings is going to resolve this. It runs deeper, probably to the core of the game, the drivers, who knows…either way, until it’s patched this is how it’s going to be.

Game fully releases tomorrow, if they don’t have a day 6 patch ready, refuse to call it day one because the game already released, then it’s going to be slaughtered when the masses start reporting these issues.

It’s like Jedi Survivor and Cyberpunk all over again. Shocked that Turn10 allowed release in this state, and what a surprise, they are now simply silent on the matter. I saw one post on X about a bug report list, that’s it, and that was days ago. Not enough.

1 Like

This is all that’s been mentioned, the fact it simply says ‘monitoring’ is concerning.

If they had a patch ready for full release, they would have said, we already have a patch in works to fix many of the reported issues and will be releasing it in the next few days etc…

2 Likes

Either way, this release has been poorly managed and executed, I do agree though it’s unlikely to be a matter of days for a fix given the state of the game.

Try disabling 4 of your cores in the affinity setting for the Forza executable.

refund denied here too… i must of had less than 2-3 hours just tryna fix the game… this is pathetic, most lucrative software company in the world cant get their 20 year old franchise to work on PC. wish i gotten on steam, thought this was a safe purchase, F me i guess

Yeah, Steam may have been a safer bet, but they are strict with the 2hr policy. I did have massive issues with VR on F1 2022, spent over 10hrs trying to get it stable, but it was unplayable. After many email exchanges, I did manage to get it refunded.

Don’t hold much hope out for this as there seems no way to continue to the refund request, my account simply says ‘Denied’, and no further actions.

It’s not even worth @messaging turn10 on X because they don’t respond to any comments, they just post and leave.

I think there is a pattern here.
I had the same problem with f1 22 VR as well, constant stutters, every second. And now, the same issues as you.
Low preset or medium preset, still 60 to 50 fps…stutters.
1080p or 4k, same performance
I have a i5-9600kf and a 3060ti.