Multiple transmission options? (provided they are from the original car)

A complaint came about the MK8 Golf from the new Super Speed Car Pack was the fact that the MK8 Golf had the 6 speed manual (which I think is perfectly fine, but apparently, one person disagreed)

So instead of limiting the option to the Golf R, why not offer people the choice of choosing if they wanted the 6 speed manual or the 7 speed DSG gearbox? (Provided it’s what was offered on the original car)

Yes because the model with DSG 7 has faster gear changes and better acceleration and top speed. Apart from this, the sound of the DSG when shifting is much better. and when you have improved it in the game and even without improving the times will be better

6 Likes
2 Likes

If you’d talk about the Golf R Mk8,

I’m kind of alright with the Manual transmission because I am a fan of stick shifts with clutch pedals. It would make me feel like driving a racing car. Of course it could be a pain sometimes during traffic and hill-starting or such, but it still makes you feel like a Pro driver.

I understand your concern, but let me ask you this: Have you ever driven a Manual car in reality for once?

1 Like

Yes I drove manual. I want the DSG because in a game I am looking to have the best performance in the car. and with the manual golf r it is covered. Apart from that the akrapovic together with dsg sound is glory🚀

5 Likes

interior version with DSG change

1 Like

This is the golf r 20th anniversary version. an even better version of the golf r mk8. I hope if they update it would be on this basis since it has a little more power and better behavior on the track and better tuned the chassis and traction

3 Likes

achieving this sound would give an even better feeling

2 Likes

I need this model updated

2 Likes

and the performance with the manual transmission in Acceleration becomes a very slow car. since if they update the dsg everything would change. It is shameful that a 7r runs more from a standstill than even the golf mk8r which has more power.

the red one has about 420-440 hp and with those hp in real life the golf r would go from 0-100 kmh to would come down from 4 seconds… It should have the dsg gearbox to get its full potential

and the performance with the manual transmission in Acceleration becomes a very slow car. since if they update the dsg everything would change. It is shameful that a 7r runs more from a standstill than even the golf mk8r which has more power.

the red one has about 420-440 hp and with those hp in real life the golf r would go from 0-100 seconds to 4 seconds… It should have the dsg gearbox to get its full potential.

the golf 8 r in real life with dsg does 0-100 in 4.5. and 0-200 in 16

1 Like

golf mk8r performance model measured with the dsg version draggy in real life

1 Like

https://zeperfs.com/es/fiche10499-vw-golf-viii-r-dsg-20-years.htm

1 Like

I see there’s a 2023 20th Anniversary Edition of the Golf R Mk8.

This one better be a 7-speed DSG. A transmission that is much more quicker than Manual.

1 Like

Yes, I spoke about that version. since it improves the car in all aspects. This time I wish it was the European version

1 Like

Or maybe we can take the standard Golf R and have it updated to the DSG one for better performance aspects. And we would request for model updates to the previous Golf Rs, change them all to DSGs. (Mk6, Mk7, and Mk7.5)

I have a terrible feeling that Forza devs NEVER update car models ever since. They want to cut corners everytime with rush. Unless if they can figure something out.

If it would come to Gran Turismo 7, I’m sure their developers will definitely choose the DSG transmission option and a proper EU-spec since they brought varieties of cars based on their country origins. They have a Mk7 Golf GTI in 6-speed DSG.

1 Like

VW recently unveiled the Golf Mk8.5

And the best part of this is:
DSG WILL BE THE ONLY TRANSMISSION FOR MK8.5 GTI & R, THE MANUAL IS FOR STANDARD GOLFS ONLY

1 Like

And for the meantime, the GTI will be the only performance Golf available. We’ll have to wait a little longer for the facelift Golf R.

IMG_0856

IMG_0855

It will finally be a DSG-only Golf at last!!!

1 Like

Thats a fat lie the base models still comes in manual also I dont think this is a good thing as the modern Golf was always known to come in manual and dsg dont we have enough modern performance cars without manuals

they ruined everything lol the original GTI was manual only

Whoa there, a fat lie? I just didn’t realize it, how would you prove that I lied? lol. Btw, it doesn’t seem to be that ruining. Most automatics nowadays are getting into high-performance, not just convenience. They have paddle shifts, just like new-era racing cars. Somebody complained why the Golf R is a Manual because it is SLOW. The Automatic DSG turned out to be a faster one. At least only the newest Golf GTI and R will never feature a Manual ever again. I’m glad. Why? Because Manual has less performance and it’s slow and the DSG is faster and quicker. I may be a manual lover but I exempt Golf R from having a Manual because of this thread.

Three hatchbacks in Forza had some exemptions such as:

1. Audi RS3 Sportback has an S-Tronic automatic gearbox
  2. 2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo has a Dual-clutch gearbox
  3. Mercedes A45 AMG has a Dual-clutch gearbox

I know that the original GTI is manual, that is the point but everything seems to change now. Since VW can’t improve the manual gearbox performance for Golf R, they have no choice but to fully kill it off now. Also, DSG is considered a fun transmission because it farts for fun when it shifts, and it’s 10x faster to reach the best 0-60 (0-100) time. This is why the new-gen Golf fans wanted DSG over Manual.

Read this: