Leaderboard Cars

I think you are refering to a post about me being called out for using an Elise '99 around Watkins. God that must be nearly a year ago now. At that point, I had never hotlapped or played rivals, so ignorance was bliss. Anyone who knows me, knows my go to car is the GT2 RS in S Class.

I can relate to it somewhat, the same cars in the top 2 or 3 spots each race. But, the real racing i find is often for 4th, 5th and 6th place. Those are the best races I have had in the hoppers. I would also highly suggest getting into the leagues. This week and last week I have been in rivals spending hours knocking off 100ths of a second because I don’t like the leagues they have. But every Sunday they start the new classes. This is honestly the best racing I have found. We have a strong group of people that will get together in a group chat and quickly single out the “trolls” and kick them.

The leagues honestly eliminate a lot of what I think you find unbearable.

I should mention that in the hoppers I typically race A-Class with whatever car I felt like building and driving that evening.

Leagues are great but I came to the dessosion a long time ago that pinnicle racers can’t handle the leagues. 26 players did the league this week. It’s pethetic

Lol I doubt that. Maybe for those stuck in pinnacle but are not fast enough to keep up, but not everyone.

Pretty sure the best in the game can handle leagues.

When there were prizes on the line, pinnacle was loaded.

Pinnacle is where the fast hotlappers and racers are located. Both are at the extreme end of the player groups. If they can’t do what they like, they won’t play. If they don’t like the rules, they won’t play. Stick a gold plated carrot out there and they will suck it up for bragging rights.

If there was an actual reward that mattered for leagues, I’d venture pinnacle would have good traffic.

I know I’m guilty of this even when leagues fall perfectly in my skill set. Why race 5 people that usually aren’t that fast or race a full lobby with better odds of finding 2 or 3 similar skilled players in cars that for that day I really like.

1 Like

What you have described is pinncle players who can not handle the leagues.
I’m not racing a spec atom
I’m not racing b class
I’m not racing ghosts
And so on

It’s pethetic they complain about the hoppers and the poor match making. They complain about ppl using leaderboard cars. They complain about everything the leagues fix. All you get is excuses as to why they don’t race. Like I said they can’t handle being put in a car and told to drive for nothing other than pride

I don’t think that’s true. I think the problem with leagues is that they are basically pointless. It’s just a public hopper with one set of drawbacks and irritations replaced with another set of equally awful drawbacks and irritations. I used to play leagues pretty much exclusively but after a few weeks of crap experiences (not liking the spec, or not being able to find a lobby with anyone in it, and so on) I basically stop looking and then forget they even exist for months. Nothing to do with not being able to handle it, they’re just usually even less fun than public hoppers, which is quite an achievement.

The fundamental problem with leagues is the same as with hoppers - T10’s insistence on making it unnecessarily hard for the player base to play the way they want to, and instead trying (and failing miserably) to curate everyone’s experience.

1 Like

More like I don’t find it fun. If I have to drive a car I hate, Im not going to race. Not mention it’s impossible for come close to European in the standings.

1 Like

I love how everyone here is blaming others for driving leaderboard cars. When in reality its T10 fault for having a faulty pi system that doesnt balance the cars as it is intended on. Yet everyone just blames the “N00b” for driving leaderboard cars and destroying everyone. I should be able to drive a A600 car regardless of what the car is and have it competitive with any other A600 car. Sure some cars are always going to be slightly better than others depending on what kind of track it is (grip vs speed). But the fact that the same ranked A600 cars can be multiple seconds different on a track is absolutely absurd when it comes to a “racing” game.

3 Likes

I can’t think of any competitive game that has multiple unique setups and keep them balanced. Every body hates the engines swap, body probably easy way to balances 500 cars. Unfortunately it at the cost of the unique of the cars.
Look at any COD forums. Full of people complaining about overpowered guns. The Mx vs ATV series just made every machine in its CLASS exactly the same. NASCAR in real life completely made every cars exactly the no matter who manufacturer .
They could have tighten the gap better. Especially in the Races I thinks hard then one thinks.

You understand the true issue. Thank you.

I take so called leaderboard cars sometimes. It isn’t like a guaranteed win or anything. Sometimes I win sometimes I don’t if I take one. It’s not like everyone can drive them like the top guys. Just putting someone in a leaderboard car or whatever is not going to make them awesome. Drive whatever you want.

Well that’s the generic class hoppers for you, people are going to run whatever they want if you let them. They paid their money so they are entitled to run their X-bow or whatever whether we like it or not.

Imo, the bigger problem is in how T10 groups cars and set up hoppers.

1 Like

Yep, 623 cars and only 9 classes.

Only real issue I have is if DLC, VIP or unicorn cars dominate these classes.

This sounds like a problem like all the rest that custom private lobbies would solve right away. Solves the cutting, the wrecking and the classes all in one but Turn 10 or Microsoft simply refuse to put them in the game. There would be less banning, less complaining, less wrecking and yes more fun but they rather have this poor system that causes more work for everybody. It makes no sense but I guess they like to make things difficult for themselves. They say it’s our game so give us back control of it. Keep the hoppers for the mongrels.

1 Like

Not everyone finds the most pleasure in challenging themselves and becoming a master in each aspect of the game. Forza is a large game with lots of skills to learn. Very few players are master painters, builders, tuners, drifters, and racers. I for one am a good driver, I used to paint but am not interested in it anymore, OK tuner and builder. I like to build upon my skills in each area I’m interested in. Some players just want to drive, so they grab a good car and tune and hit the track. This means they either drive their friends tunes or they pick the tunes that win. There’s nothing wrong with this and it helps slower racers be more competitive. I race the lower classes where there are more options (as long as they are VTECS or 350s under the hood) but I don’t mind someone running the best cars on the track. I probably won’t but that doesn’t mean someone else can’t. I drive what I like to drive and that’s not always the best choice. But it makes me work harder and keeps my skills sharp.

What I do mind is the 80s and 90s SUVs that are taller than they are wide taking corners like they are on rails and not flipping over. Not because you can drive them fast so much as you can not make them handle anywhere near what you can achieve in forza in real life. The day I see a WWII era willys jeep take a 90 degree bend at 65mph IRL and not flip over, eject the driver, and burst into a ball of flame I will change my opinion of them.

So to recap I don’t care what you drive as long as it’s semi realistically representing itself. But I’m not going to get aggressive because your jeep grand wagoneer and Land Rover defender can corner as well as my lotus Elise.

1 Like

So it seams that a LB car is any car that someone beat you, that they beat you on the things that are not from their skill (the car, not their tune/build). It can be suprising how a car can transform into a LB car from winning a race.

For me, if you race against someone that you know is going to win, the car/tune/build/driver/track combo is too fast, it can get old.

I understand what zee and AKRA1X are saying but if it was as simple as not licking the car or a catalogue of blunders putting the majority of players off then the other leagues wud be in the same boat as us and there not. The only evidence I found to support what AKRA1X is saying is the imense popularity the spec Aston league had a few weeks ago. But I fear this was fueled by the participation of pps who were in there every night. True to form the week after had 26 players again.

I honestly belive elite division and below are very happy to race what ever t10 throw at them we however are not. It seems we wud rather choose hoppers where ppl track cut or use lb cars to gain an advantage all in the name of choice. Well I choose match making over choice of car any day it’s a no brainer

It’s not just car choice. The windows have a huge impact too. I get on about 5:00to 5:30. And window closed at 6:00. They don’t open until 8:00 pm, so that give me about 1.50 hrs of racing in a 4hr -4.5hr span. In the weekends, worst. I like jumping in the morning but basically closed until afternoon, and normally have stuff going on. So I basically can still only play at night.
So it make it really hard to get focus on the lague. So the cars really have to peak my interest.
The European have a huge advantage because of this

Also my group of friends have split up in the different division, so I can’t race with them. Honestly racing with you people you like is what make this fun for me.

So running with cars I don’t like , with people I don’t know and akward times push me away.

2 Likes

I hear you on the timings and tbh id be happy to loose the points and leave the leagues open all the time. The league system is a much better way of matching players and it solves the leaderboard car issue discussed here. Again I agree about the ppl u race with. We can just about make the hoppers bearable if we can get 8 or 10 of us in. We have also decided on our own solution to the leaderboard issue. “Try hard tuesday” with credits to SBR will be our new weekly stint in op cars. The rest of the time we will attempt to use what cars we actually like.

Elite is the best, you’re right. It’s also a change in player base. I was in Elite on another account and the lobbies were full and somewhat clean. The drawback was they were off pace by a large margin. It was pretty boring and I got promoted the following week.

If I’d had to guess the other leagues are filled with those who just have a general appreciation for cars and want to drive many and others are looking for a safe place to improve skill without being outmatched.

Sounds like you have a different style of play than most in pinnacle. Doesn’t mean they can’t handle it. They likely much rather be doing something else or jumping around to other games. Sounds like you’re frustrated with the lack of play and I can understand that. I was done with leagues when I finally got the picture that in pinnacle I’d have to live in Europe to get a decent field of cars. To me it’s more fun testing and tuning and trying the cars in D class than anything else. But that’s just my play style.

1 Like