Leaderboard Cars

I gave up on the leagues a long time ago, not really because of division choices but it has more to do with how they set up league hoppers. Normally, they are no different than the multiplayer hoppers and consist of 4.5 minute races with no thought gone into track rotation. Personally, I am completely bored with short races and it’s a shame most players can’t seem to handle doing more than 3 consecutive laps. The funny part though, T10 call 8 Laps in a GT car “endurance”. Meanwhile in Pcars that’s 25% race distance.

I got big a hate on for matchmaking in racing games, it’s too bad those dummies at MS seem to force this on all of their racing titles.

To be quite honest, people complaining about leaderboard cars are just soft. Everything is a leaderboard for these people lol…

The faster guys are always going to win – a quick example would be a buddy I race with destroying my Cougar, another guy’s '69 TA, along with a few other so-called “leaderboard” cars in a hippie van. The guy is just fast, I’m not going to sit here and whine about it.

either:

a) go do spec racing

or

b) build your own “leaderboard” car

2 Likes

Agreed…The fact of the matter is, in the lower classes, almost anything can be considered “Leader Board” if you V8 or Rally Swap it. Right build, right tune, right driver(player)…almost any car can seem OP

1 Like

That’s not the case. Take a car that isn’t currently in the top 50 and go put it there. You’ll soon see that every class has a few cars that top the time sheets.

The point that’s being missed here is that it’s now impossible to change things up and take advantage of the depth the game has to offer. In FM4 many of you will remember how many cars and variants you needed in MP with the facility to change lobby restrictions. Now every race is exactly the same with so many players only having one “go to” car per class/track.

I think the complaint here is that when someone joins a lobby and sees that everyone is in an E190 or a 2002 should they really get in their Alfa. We all know they can and that it’s entirely their choice but for me it’s made the game too shallow. Forza is now about always driving the quickest car you have rather than driving a lot of cars as quickly as you can.

1 Like

Like other have said. In D/C/B maybe A on med-speed there’s a lot of choices that aren’t in the top 50. How every the grips tracks are a little more limit to hit the top times.

What I drive is still none of your business. I just say that I drive this or that car and I challenge myself while doing it. I guess you missed that part in my message at page 1: I-challenge-myself. I do it for myself, certainly not for you.

Now, if you want to be an elitist and feel superior because you can drive with zero issues and you think it’s super easy for YOU, ok do it. Wow you’re super cool you’re the best at this game (because it’s still a game, right?) with perfect throttle control in any class, any car, any track. Holy crap top40 oh wow!! Teach me bro, teach me!

I never said I was good. We’re all different. What I find hard may be easy for you.
I just have fun racing with my teammates (or random players found online), braking in time, respecting who’s in front of me even close to a corner…and, again, I challenge myself controlling the car using (IMO) hard setups.
And there are no “LOL” or “You dont have SKILLZ” that will make me change my habits. I am just sick and tired of listening in lobbies and reading in the forum people like you, who feel the need to mind other people’s business.

1 Like

Should of quoted me.

hazy you do realize those trigger stops are still garbage because its dependent on each car and what the brake pressure and tune is set at? You can accomplish the same thing as trigger stops by lowering the brake pressure to a point the car wont lock up, however it doesnt effect trail braking. its not like the stops move for you. if you want to brake late and deep you need to trail off the brakes so you dont lock up which the controller does nothing for.

There are ways to modify a controller to have interchangeable trigger stops and have a unique stop position for the car you want. My buddy tried it as a science experiment cause he had a controller that only vibrated on one side and it didn’t matter if he broke it or not and it was actually pretty sick what he could do with it

Took a quick look, and most people still use Manual w/clutch in X/P/R class. So Im nt really sure where your getting your information.

“Wrong.”

Wow, not really. May you should double check.
Either way your assist user just like the people you troll.

1 Like

Times were probably done in race. People use no clutch in race so they get a decent start with clutch you stall often in the race cars.

A word on clutch
Races cars of a certain age across s,r,p and x have sequential gearboxes and DO NOT need the clutch. Older race cars like the 787b, lancia turbo do not have sequetial gear boxes and REQUIRE the clutch. The MAJORITY of other cars require the clutch. Not using the clutch in a car that needs it will cost time.

A word on trigger stops
They are more consistant but they are not faster. It’s already been said that forza phisics want you to ease on and off the breaks in order to get a good turn in. Trigger stops do not help with this it’s all or nothing a compitent free hand breaker will be quicker without the stops. This has been confirmed by JSR LeeCampbell, GTR dbobz and GTR Classic who have all turned there trigger stops off.

@ HaZy xNightmare

You still havnt answered my question why removing trigger stops wud improve anything let alone the boards as u claim. Your basically saying the game would be better off with out half the top 100. I use a trigger stop I have used 1 since forza 4 where u could littrally get 99% pressure without locking up and you think 76% is cheating. The physics have improved in favour of the free hand breaker and I’m sure the game will contiuned to favour less and less assits in the future. Stop being elitest and give respect to those who play the game as intended by ms and t10

1 Like

Anyways back on topic. Friends were busting my chops from using a Hated LB car the other night. It’s normally use a top car for grip tracks, and I built it for speed. It was still a very solid car. But this can had plenty of cars that could match it’s pace.
I basically hate any car that forces me to uses a certain car. That’s kinda what I think a LB cars If I can find a competitive alternative I like driving, normally cool with it.

I suppose the definition of lb car is up for debate. Personally I think if car is previlant in the top 50 then it becomes a lb car. For instance @ long beach the m8b is the lb car in R class but the alfa 33 stradale and the lotus 2 eleven can get within a second if not match the m8b in the right hands. To me that’s 2 alternatives to the m8b that are competitive and not lb cars

Now some would say the stradale is lb car because it features in the top 10 on mutiple tracks in mutiple classes. I disagree and look at it on a track by track basis. In the same token the ultima is lb car for road america but not @ senoma.