Is there any reason as to why we don’t see many pontiacs in the new horizon games?

Aside from the trucks, Dodge’s line was always a one-up when it came to trim and options. Plymouths were the “affordable” line of cars. Savoys and Satellites were down optioned compared to Dodge’s 330/440 and Coronets. There was a pretty significant price difference between Road Runners and Super Bees. Also, beyond the high tier Cuda/Challenger options (Hemi/440 six pack) when you got down to the 318 Barracudas and the 318 Challengers, the Dodges always had a slightly better trim and base options compared to the Plymouths.

1 Like

Oh, when I said F-Bodies, I meant the mid to late 80’s big rear window Pontiac and it’s equivalent Monte Carlo SS. Like the one posted by PassionWagon69. There are a ton of cars that fit into that category that we don’t have like the 85 T-Bird turbo coupe, or the Hurst Olds 442 that would fit in nicely into the Retro Muscle category.

2 Likes

At some point that must have stopped being the case, because Dodge Neons were relatively cheap cars with some super cheap trims available.

There were Plymouth Neons as well…yea, roughly around the early 80’s they all became the same. Price/features were exactly the same by then.

There isn’t enough appeal for all the assorted oddities produced by America from the 50’s through the 70’s (and indeed the British car industry, etc)…we get little tastes here and there but we don’t get the full lineups, which I think is a good thing because it will get increasingly niche.

Lots of people would love a Chevy Vega or Monza from the 70’s, and on and on it goes, but at least in the states the 70’s were effectively the area of huge, huge cars with almost no power due to changed insurance laws and the gasoline crisis that kept pumps empty…they were the last of the land yachts, with wheezy underpowered cast-iron V8’s that went nowhere fast :slight_smile: Not ideal for the property unless the intent was to introduce them for the purpose of creating like hydraulics/low-rider car clubs into the game…

1 Like

I did once request the Cosworth Vega… :smiley:

Car and Driver chose the Cosworth Vega as one of the “10 Best Collectible Cars” in its fourth annual Ten Best issue according to the internet.

I believe FM7 has the Vega GT (not the cosworth one). I don’t believe any of the suggestions were based in the 70’s (and rightly so). Most of what I mention is 60’s related or 80’s. Though, now that you mention it, I haven’t seen a Chevrolet Laguna S3 in any game…And with the way Forza in general throws engine swaps around, what era a car comes from is irrelevant at this point.

Chevy Monza was an interesting creature. Not sure if it would fit in a racing game. Chevy Vega was an engine swapper’s dream car. It also had the dubious distinction of being the first car in history to rust on the showroom floor. Followed closely I believe in the same year by the Honda Civic.

But in my racing day one buddy in our group had a Vega with a 350. Fast? Not really. Not much more than a Camaro real once all the frame stiffening was done to keep the car together. About the same weight between the two.

Fit into Race Room just fine…lol. Gotta love Group 5/GTX racing of the late 70’s.

1 Like

I hate the engine swaps! All stupid selections. Maybe 1 engine every once in a while might be a decent selection for a swap. But seriously, is a hotroder really going to drop a diesel engine into a Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger? Or any other hotrod for that matter?

Why can’t we have period specific engines to swap into cars?

And get rid of that silly “screw driver pic” as the race upgrade in the engine tune up section. Just what exactly is that supposed to represent? My biggest pet peeve about the whole game. The car tune section needs a major "real world’ overhaul. When I change tires I’d to select Bridgestone, Goodyear, Hoosier or Toyo. Or an Eaton or Dana rear end. I don’t care if the racing and driving stays where its at. But I’d like the car building to more real.

Uh. Stick a screw driver in it Earl, that’ll make’r go faster!

Rant rant rant

1 Like

I stand corrected!

1971-chevrolet-blown-V8-vega-coupe-kiel-three-quarter

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

I absolutely agree on the engine swaps, many of which the laws of physics would prevent from happening. Someone needs to take the developers (T10 and PG) to a dyno shop and show them what properly built engines can produce HP and Torque wise. 612 hp out of an N/A Hemi? Please…Try closer to 900…Imagine if the world was capped to 3 cam choices and 3 sets of heads, and 1 compression ratio for each engine…

3 Likes

Someone needs to take the developers (T10 and PGG) to races, friday night car gatherings, and car shops and show them what the car world really is all about.

3 Likes