Is there any reason as to why we don’t see many pontiacs in the new horizon games?

Yup

1 Like

I’d love to have it and other big floaty cars. There could be a whole Land Yacht category.

5 Likes

The way and type of cars are included in these horizon games absolutely convince me the people involved in the production of these games are not truly car people.

2 Likes

Even if why couldn’t have that the bonneville could be added solely for its engine, the supercharged 3.8L V6 is pretty common amongst late 1990s-early 2000s sport sedans, if they didn’t add more super cars they would really peak interest in fans I feel

'65 Bonneville would be awesome.

1 Like

So floaty :heart:

bb0213-146932_1

4 Likes

If we are going to talk “worthy” Pontiacs to include…1963 Factory Lightweight Catalina.

5 Likes

Pontiac, Dodge and Mercury were Acura, Infiniti and Lexus before they came to existence.

Unfortunately, over the years, their upscale brand positioning took a beating. Decades of badge engineered cars slowly ate at their reputation.

So, when the time came to pick which brands GM would keep after the bailout, GM rather chose to make Cadillac into a BMW competitor than Pontiac which was originally more suited to the task.

And Pontiac died, nobody cares about it anymore and that’s why it seems filler in games like Forza apart from a couple relevant cars like the Judge and the Bandit.

The hierarchy for those brands were by market.
Chevrolet - Pontiac - Oldsmobile - Buick - Cadillac
Ford - Mercury - Lincoln
Plymouth - Dodge - Chrysler

Pontiac was always a middling tier brand (some performance, some comfort, never too much of either beyond the GTO).
I think I’m more frustrated with some of the decisions made as to which cars from those brands would be included. Why the '70 Super Bee? The far more significant “Bee” was the '69 440 Six Pack car. Why no Road Runner? (barring the '69 from the FnF add on for FH2) No Chryslers except for the modern 300. No Torino, No Falcon, No Galaxie. Thunderbolt disappeared. Oldsmobile M.I.A. as well. The inclusion of the '70 Cyclone Spoiler (while a cool car IRL) is just about useless in game.
The rehash of Motorsport touts Drag Racing in the trailer, but are we going to get the same 1/2 baked version from FM7?
FH5 has Drag Racing, but no wheelie bars, no big 'n little tires, and slicks that still don’t provide proper traction unless you physics break the suspension settings. No tubbed back half customization for larger rear wheels.
I could go on, but it’s just so tiring…

3 Likes

My favourite t shirt of my teenage years was a random Dodge Coronet Super Bee shirt :smile: Happy it got added

Oh don’t get me wrong, my Father had a '68 383 Super Bee, so I’m all for having “Bee’s” in game, but I’m also sick of Hemi cars that can’t get past 612 hp N/A. It’s shameful, insulting even…

3 Likes

Absolutely!

You’re one point with Pontiac and Mercury. But Dodge was a stand alone company started by the Dodge Brothers in the early 1900’s. Only acquired by Chrysler later in the 1920’s - 30’s. Was Still a Dodge line below the high end Chrysler luxury lineup.

Even Pontiac’s homologation special is so quirky.

grand-prix-aerocoupe
two-plus-two

There’s a really funny looking one with a Daytona wing.

1 Like

I don’t thing he was talking about their origin. By the 50’s, the hierarchy was Plymouth (affordable), Dodge (Mid-tier), and Chrysler (Luxury). That carried through till the mid 70’s when badge engineering made them just about equal.

Then came the K cars…and the dinosaurs became extinct…

Sad thing is Buick and Olds never got to join in the F-Body aero wars.

1 Like

Could be. But I think Dodge was more the affordable “working man’s car”. Considering Dodge was the truck line for the hard working industry people from Loggers to Ranchers to the heavy construction industry. Just a guess on my part but I always thought Plymouth was a little upscale from Dodge.

K-cars were an abomination to the automotive industry. And I’m a full on Mopar guy!

But the Buick GSX 455 and the Olds 442 would surely look good in FH5 form

1 Like

They’re certainly different! Had to do a double take like with the Jenson Interceptor and Ford Torino King Cobra :smile: