Is there any reason as to why we don’t see many pontiacs in the new horizon games?

I have always enjoyed Pontiac’s as most of my family have always had them including me, but I’m hurt whenever a new forza horizon game comes out just to find that the Pontiacs are the same as always, id like to see some more variation like a Pontiac firebird WS6 which is a very good looking car with plenty of sporty details, or even something like a 60s Pontiac Bonneville or any of there 4 door sedans for that matter. I just can’t help to notice the certain lack of early 2000s muscle cars from Pontiac and other brands in these new horizon games, even the Pontiac GTO, one of Pontiacs finest machines is only included with one model in the newest horizon game (FH5). I understand that my one post will most likely not do much but I certainly hope that it will get noticed and my dreams may come true.

We had a… I want to say 68-70… Le Mans when I was a kid. I rather liked that car. I suspect the reason we don’t get very many Pontiacs lies somewhere between licensing and interest.

A 69 Firebird TA would be a nice addition.

More or any from this era or earlier would be cool.

090319_2155

3 Likes

They should at least give us the '68 Firebird back. It seems like we just got it toward the tail end of FH4, and it was a pretty nice model.

1 Like

I love Pontiac and understand the OP’s sentiment.
But on top of that, I think the main reason this brand (and many others) are neglected is that many of those brands do not have the appeal to the more “casual” user in the racing game today.

It is clear from the wish list for this game and others that the largest and most voracious group in racing games today is the supercar fans.
Their influence can no longer be ignored, and many racing games, not just Forza, are more aggressively adding supercars to their games to appeal to them.

Unfortunately, this craziness-like trends will not end for a few more years yet.
Hopefully a few Pontiacs will be recycled and added from titles such as FM7 and FH4, but it is unlikely that much more will be added.

Although racing is a fun part of FH, it isn’t a racing game. You could say that the Capri FE was popular in FH4, because it was just a rare car that had no race value hardly at all.

I think old American cars is one of those “you either love them or hate them” categories.

Even so, it’s a catagory that gets no less attention than any other, and there are plenty of brands that are treated as poorly or worse than Pontiac. People will always have a bias towards the cars that they love, and that’s fine, but old American cars are hardly the worst off, in spite of what many people on the forums think.

We haven’t had an old Japanese car added to the game in forever. Lancia, Alfa Romeo, and Fiat’s continuing absence from the game makes Italian cars feel anemic, especially when it comes to historic stuff. Some brands like Lotus were absolutely gutted.

It’s fine to want specific stuff in the game, I just hope you understand that in order for your wishlist cars to enter the game, someone else’s would have to be bumped, and I for one don’t want any more American cars at this time. I’m sure there are others.

There are a bunch of neglected brands (and cars) in the game. There are a bunch of cars I’ll never use. But to say this isn’t a racing game I believe is a stretch. (discussion not badgering) It is about cars and racing on various styles of preset courses or courses people make up and publish. You have to race online in different categories and finish first.
The wonderful thing about Forza is it allows people to also drive in freeroam with no goal whatsoever.

I would like to see added to the list of useless vehicles my moms old Pontiac Phoenix. What a load of junk that car was. It started when it wanted to and had a Chapman lock to make it start even less. The tread mark was thinner that a bicycle. It handled like a boat and I never got out of it without throwing up. Good times.

For the same reason you don’t see Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Kaiser, Nash, Willys, AMC, etc. The brands no longer exist, and the companies that do own them could care less to have them licensed in a game. Dodge doesn’t want you to pine over a Plymouth, when they can have a new Charger/Challenger in game to try to promote sales off of. GM is trying to sell Camaros and Corvettes, to hell with Cutlass and GTO. And the developers aren’t enough of car guys to request specific vehicles, so we get “Current Supercar Flavor of the month”…

At this point, I would rather them not bother with old cars, because they will nerf the original engine and force engine swaps to get to the top of A class ('68 Firebird anyone?).

1 Like

Be cool to see one or two of these in street scene.

Everyone seemed to like the Soltice back in the day, but I like this more. Both nice options.

3 Likes

Yes ! I almost bought a Fiero back in the day… dodged a bullet there lol.

2 Likes

:joy: it’ll be more fun to live the horror digitally with magic Forza tuning

2 Likes

I understand, but Forza horizon 5 has centered a lot of its detail in the culture of Mexico, and I’d be willing to argue that muscle cars are one of the biggest parts of the car culture there, but when they only focus on the common muscle cars (Camaros, mustangs, challengers, etc.) they are missing the big picture, I feel that most super cars in Forza are used more for racing and competition than the sweet stuff like car meets and cruises, I believe that the loyal community will always come back when there are stuff like car meets and what not.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they can add multiple different cars to the game without one necessarily precluding another.

4 Likes

I wish we could chop the roof off some of these muscle cars. Not gonna lie. When they said it was in Mexico i was thinkin:

2 Likes

hehehe… well, a friend was just asking "Hey, can we add air shocks to these cars and do independent suspension bounces, etc. etc. etc. "

I had no idea they were low-rider fan lol !

Sadly ? I had to break it to them that no, we can’t. But… I suddenly had a bad feeling… that maybe it was coming in a future update… maybe the second DLC package ? Then again, would that be so bad :wink:

1 Like

Look, do you want the Bonneville added or not?! This might be the only way. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, my bonneville ssei is the worst one lol, a 2003 I doubt it’ll be added, but if so, I would enjoy it forever…

1 Like

The rally lights. :sweat_smile: