High Performance (Series 20) info | April 25 content update

Series Overview: High Performance (Series 20)

SEASONS

Seasons change each Thursday at 7:30am Pacific

Season Dates
Summer April 27 - May 4
Autumn May 4 - 11
Winter May 11 - 18
Spring May 18- 25

ANNOUNCEMENTS

NEW CARS

This series adds four exclusive models to the roster. The Lamborghini Huracán STO is the 6th most requested car in the Suggestions Hub and the Audi RS 6 Avant is in the top 25 most requested. All four cars are #NewToForza.

Car Availability
2020 Lamborghini Huracán STO Summer Festival Playlist Reward
2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935 Autumn Festival Playlist Reward
2021 Audi RS 6 Avant Winter Festival Playlist Reward
2021 Porsche Mission R Spring Festival Playlist Reward

FEATURES

Evolving World: Stadium Oval Circuit

This series, the Horizon Stadium is transformed into an Oval Circuit decorated with various Horizon race-inspired props. While this area can be fully explored in Free Roam for the High Performance series only, the track itself has been permanently added as a race route to the game. Players can launch the Horizon Oval Circuit as a Road Racing event for solo, cooperative and competitive play, set their fastest leaderboard lap time on it in Rivals and even use it as a new EventLab build stub.

Accolades

20 new accolades have been added for the Horizon Oval Circuit along with the new series car collector accolade.

TITLE DESCRIPTION CAREER POINTS REWARD
An Ellipse of the Heart Visit the Oval Track at the Stadium in Freeroam 100
Rally-go-Round Drive 1 mile around the Oval Track in any Modern Rally Car while in Freeroam 100
Cirque de Skill Earn a total of 25,000 Skill Score in any American Car at the Oval Track in 1 minute while in Freeroam 100
Through a Circular Lens Take a photo of your car at the Oval Track while in Freeroam 100
Whorl of a Time Earn 3 One-Eighty Skills at the Oval Track while in Freeroam 100
Drop the Ball Earn 5 Awesome Drift Skills or E-Drift Skills at the Oval Track in any Classic Muscle Car while in Freeroam 100 Clothing “Light Blue High Tops”
Spherely Stocked Reach a speed of 100mph (160km/h) in the 1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-H0 at the Oval Track in Freeroam 100
Stadium Snapshot Take a photo of any Retro Muscle Car at the Oval Track while in Freeroam 100
Disc Drifting Earn 3 Awesome Drift or E-Drift Skills at the Oval Track while in Freeroam 100 Forza LINK: “Preparing for Take-Off”
Spin the Wheel Earn 4 Ultimate Burnout Skills in any Retro Rally Car while at the Oval Track in Freeroam 100
Friendly Circle Complete a Race at the Oval Track Event 100 Horn “Tape Rewind”
All-Around Winner Win a Race at the Oval Track Event 100
Centrifugal Force Earn 10 Speed Skills in any Classic Muscle Car at the Oval Track Event 100
Polished off the Competition Earn 5 Clean Racing Skills in the Oval Track Event 100
Rally Ring Reach a Speed of 100mpj (160km/h) in any Modern Rally Car while in the Oval Track Event 100 Clothing “Leaf Pattern Leather Boots”
Pivot and Pace Drive above 200mph (321 km/h) in any Porsche while in the Oval Track Event 100
Passing the Perimeter Earn 5 Triple Pass Combos while in the Oval Track Event 100
Slingshotted Out of the Ring Earn 3 Slingshot Skills while in the Oval Track Event 100
Perfectly Tuned Turn Win a Race at the Oval Track Event while in a Super Hot Hatch upgraded to ‘S1’ Class 100
Cool, Collected, Concentric Earn 3 Awesome Speed Skills while in the Oval Track Event 100
High Performance Collector Own the 2021 Audi RS 6 Avant, 2020 Lamborghini Huracán STO, 2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935, 2021 Porsche Mission R 1000

Festival Playlist & Pinata Helmet Collectible

Look out for the return of six returning PR Stunts with four Speed Traps including Horizon Baja, East Resort, Pantano Pass and Tulum, as well as two Speed Zones including Green Hills and River Run. These are visible on the map with a unique purple and blue hue icon. You’ll have to drive fast to get 3 stars in all of them as they’ll only be available until the end of the series. In the second week of the Festival Playlist, smash through the Pinata Helmet Collectible found around the Horizon Festival Mexico to complete the “Safety First” challenge and unlock the “It is the way” chat phrase for Forza LINK. The Pinata Helmet prop has also been added to the EventLab Blueprint Builder, under the Gameplay category.

Badges and Character Cosmetics

Players can unlock new Profile Badges based on the number of unique cars stored in their garage. Duplicate cars will not count toward unlocking these new Badges.

• Ghost Badge: Own 500 unique cars
  • Blue Heart Badge: Own 600 unique cars
  • T-Rex Badge: Own 700 unique cars

In addition, we’ve added a new feature to Character Customization which automatically adapts the color of a prosthetic or hearing aid to the character’s skin tone.

RELEASE NOTES & CHANGES - version *.581.488.0

Release Notes article at Forza Support

In addition to fixes, we continue to make improvements to the base Forza Horizon 5 experience using your feedback. Here are some of the fixes you can look forward to in this update:

• Requirements to bind ANNA and Forza LINK on the d-pad while creating Custom Controller Profiles have been removed.
  • We’ve made improvements to EventLab Rules of Play to alleviate issues where rulesets would not correctly function in multiplayer and cause players to desync.
  • Festival site objects have been removed from select Race Routes as those couldn’t be shown to all players.
  • An issue where roads would not be marked as discovered on the map has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Auction House searches filtered by “Car Type” to not return results.
  • An issue that caused Forzathon Weekly Challenges to reset after a game restart has been fixed.
  • On Xbox, the HUD is no longer stuck in the center of the screen if playing on an ultrawide display.
3 Likes

Polls coming soon.

I see a “Stadium Oval”? That might actually draw me back for more than 20 points.

2 Likes

what did that Aussie say in H3? saved from a lifetime of spinning in circles?!

;o)

1 Like

If it’s a stadium oval the same way the L.A. Coliseum is, they can have that hot garbage. I’ll just grab the cars and leave it.

1 Like

That would just suck, but that would be the PGG way. I was thinking along the lines of a Daytona type stadium oval. If it’s not a brand new stadium oval track that’s actually big enough for building event lab road courses on the inside then just don’t even go there PGG. Just don’t waste our time.

3 Likes

Going to be a pretty tight oval though, steep banks for anything more than A class I think. But yeah, could be fun.

Pic shows the transition from flattish to a banked corner. It doesn’t look like steep banking. It’s certainly nothing close to Talladega.

1 Like

Looks like part of the Horizon circuit…still pretty much a constant left turn regardless :smile:

off topic slightly - lego’s the only oval that comes to mind for horizon - were there others anywhere that I’ve forgotten?

It’s definitely the only stadium in the game (El Estadio) and the oval track was teased in the previous Torben Tuesday with the CAD model on one of the monitors.

Will definitely be tight although I’d like to get a real world comparison if anyone could do such a thing (if El Estadio’s size is known). Why didn’t someone say “make the stadium bigger’” during the design phase of FH5?

Actually looking forward to seeing the back of this neon nights series, if not for the return of previous day versus night schedule and the disposal of the horrible neon lighting but to see the crazy containers construction at the airport removed.

I’m sure the new series and its associated update will bring us all wonderful and troublefree content. (/s)

1 Like

I know it’s not real so it wouldn’t matter but… Sure looks like many rows of the grandstand are too low to see over the walls of the track. One of those things that makes me say “Hmmmmm…”

What do you guys think? 10 nascar skins added as 10 separate vehicles like they did with extreme e?

5 Likes

Were it not paid DLC I would have hoped 1 of the EventLab’s in this series would be x amount of laps on the oval in the Forsberg stock car.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me. The oval track is certainly an indicator of oval race series like NASCAR and, erm, NASCAR, which if you’re right on the new cars, is weird for Horizon, given no permanent oval circuit, so I’m intrigued!

Urgh no thanks lol

I’ve been waiting for a decent oval, but the stadium is indeed quite tight.

Maybe NASCAR Unimogs and UTE’s will be fun, though.

4 Likes

It hardly means a single seater in the pipeline does it? An Indycar or something.

@McFlufferten

If they did this and they did this in the existing stadium I would have to say it would be as lame as the eExtreme blunder. If not even maybe worse.

3 Likes