Festival Playlist events and rewards Sep. 22-29 (Autumn S12)

Seriously?!

dam

Robonanny spits on your profanity. Ptoo.

Just get a bit creative. We’ll know what you mean.

I had to do the Volkswagen race on Average.

The tune by Dont Giva Deuce for the 2013 Hot Wheels Baja Bone Shaker works well for the Cross Country Endurance Championship and if you do it in Co-op mode, you can reduce the number of races to 3. Came 1st in 2 of the 3 races which is better than I normally do.

Tried the TITAN in Co-op mode but some of the team were in untuned cars and the good drivers exited the championship at an early stage. Did it first time in Solo mode in a 2011 Penhall The Cholla. Tune was called Titan Fall by LetDaddyRace.

The endurance race was good in Coop. I won 3 out of 4 races in the Trailcat (finished just behind the winner in the other) but a couple of the courses were testing, as I didn’t know them. We lost the second race as the team struggled on that course, which I thought was toughest. Team was very clean (as was also the case in the trial).

1 Like

Since when co-op championship is a thing? Like, since when people are using it? Just did few championships in a row and only in one there was less than 4 people. I always thought it is intended for people in convoy, but now I see it more like a mini-Trial :slight_smile:

I guess that all PC players have the same issue, in my opinion it is connected with the "disappeared " new cars in playlist.

It was broken for ages but they fixed it a few months ago. It’s basically the same as the trial now but with tuned opposition.

1 Like

The super saloon trial was very disappointing last week as my 1M felt like an S1 900. Might start giving co op a go. Used to do it more when the lil icons would pop up on the FH4 map.

This trial sounds promising, though.

I think that’s in the category of “As Designed” forcing more difficult (at least without a nice wheel and pedal setup) and more engaging game mode to be competitive at “higher” difficulty levels.

I just wish that the game broke down (mis)match making into such distinctions so a race wouldn’t be a mix of Automatic and Manual transmissions, for example.

I think (suspect) a big part of the “issues” people have is because some of the Team Human are driving Manual and they think their team mates aren’t keeping up because they can’t drive when it’s because they are driving as well as Automatic transmission allows. And meanwhile some of those driving Automatic think their team mates who are off like rockets are cheating.

And the other part of the issue, Drivatars, is the same. If Team Human is a mix of Auto and Manual then so is Team Drivatar and the ones with the Manual trans are gone and impossible to catch, sometimes even for Team Human Manual trans, because “reasons” of course.

Then everybody is kung-fu fighting with cars and rage quitting. Yay :roll_eyes:

And yeah, I’ve probably crossed the line, or not, to where this needs to be moved to the Drivatar discussion lol… go ahead. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

2 Likes

Auto is only a viable excuse/hindrance when you’re up against the really top drivers.

As far as I know the recently banned anon is the current WR holder on the Titan at S2 and he drives auto, and I’ve won 1 of the weeks in Jezza’s rivals challenge driving auto.

As bad as it sounds I don’t have any sympathy for anyone using auto because I know from personal experience you can still get good + occasionally great times with it, and all but the best drivers can be beaten if you’re good enough in the corners.

2 Likes

My point (at least) of using manual was directed at the AIs in the weekly challenge requiring stock only VWs, who easily pulled away from me off the line.
I needed manual to keep the RPMs up throughout the race in order to catch them.

2 Likes

The auto/manual debate is a bit of a red herring. In theory manual with clutch will be a bit quicker than auto but one mistake with the choice of gear, definitely speaking from experience here, will eat up any advantage.

I think the ai can just vary from race to race and person to person. I did the Titan earlier and win easily enough but didn’t take the lead quite as quickly as expected, I watched a yt vid of someone doing the same event and they took the lead extremely quickly but come the end of the race the time they did was only about 0.5 secs faster.

The stock car for that race is a big pile of rubbish. The AI will do you off the line and out of corners whatever transmission you use, luckily they put the brakes on far too early.

1 Like

Automatic is fine for everything, you can win most trials with an automatic transmission. I only just started using Manual, but haven’t lost a race for ages (meaning in trial that we won as a team). Even open racing I win 90% of the time with an Automatic. Manual is slightly better though.

1 Like

You could all be right, but my personal experience (and I’m crap at manual) I can be much quicker and controlled in manual than auto. Not always, and as noted it’s dicier to keep that edge. I’ll usually default to auto but have had to occasionally resort to manual just to get the needed speed.

And certainly the AI are variable and this isn’t the only (possible) issue. But it does seem like one with some user control over ? Fight manual with manual ?

I’d like to see some full convoy testing of running all manual, all auto, and mixed to degrees and see how the AI changes. But, I don’t have anywhere near a full convoy lol so I’ll have to leave it to other curious parties.

1 Like

So that’s where I’ve been going wrong !!!
Been on Manual (no clutch though) since FH4.
Took me a while back in FH4 to make the switch but I prefer it now, having fuller control over gear selections. Too often in Auto I seem to be stuck in the wrong gear for climbing hills or shooting past cars on the downhill…

Also use gears rather than brakes for taking corners - much as I do IRL. :smiley:

1 Like

Would love to do a convoy but I ain’t that good a racer to make it a worthwhile experiment. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I can easily come first in any weekly seasonal but in anything online with actual racers, I suck - usually last or at best mid-pack unless I hit a group of numpties where I might win a race.

1 Like

That was exactly my issue. In FH4 the car never seemed to be in quite the right gear going up the hill passed Thatch Corner, but I used automatic for most of the game and still managed to get into the top 1% of a lot of PR stunts, although nowhere close to the likes of, say, DUBS.

I switched to manual after watching JSR Devon trying to play FH5 with a keyboard (and vociferously complaining about it), and once I’d got the keys mapped properly, I rapidly switching to this mode. I knew there was the whole manual-is-faster thing, but, I think, it gives you more control.

More recently, I’ve moved to manual-with-clutch, but borrowed a controller technique from JakeXVX so that I can hit the clutch button on my keyboard at the same time as I change gear. Not sure whether it gives me anything extra.

The main difference is in the gear changes. Automatic short shifts, and that’s what I also did in manual, but with manual-with-clutch, I’ll try to redline it. However, I note that the game seems OK if you change gears according to the dial on the dashboard, which is often at odds with the virtual dial.

3 Likes