Festival Playlist events and rewards Sep. 22-29 (Autumn S12)

In the trial I pinned all of the Ai into a fence, and everyone passed them.

I was just wondering what the hell is going on with the difficulty of these cross country races this season? Did they buff the AI in the wet?

Tip ive just worked out - To find your own share code - search for your own gamertag. My tune for this weeks trial in the Landrover Defender 110X 2020 - 157 315 613

I like CC so this is a good week for me. Used the Deberti Wrangler for the A class champ and the Toyota Tundra for the C class and both were decent enough. Co-op as usual and even better for the 5 race championship.

The trial was easy enough too, in the first race I was clear of the AI by 9% of the race. I wonder how much variance in the AI there is for this.

1 Like

Mini Countryman with around 315 hp was very very quick, got me 3 wins but it took all 3 races to complete the trial.

1 Like

That was so much fun…
I hate CC & Offroad, I hate S2 Class…
Got it done, but…that was pretty naff.

Lack of good modes, still a huge, mostly unused map and no new courses. You’re gonna lose me, PGG & hey, maybe that’s a good thing, but I won’t be alone.

This is not engaging new content. Might as well EoL it if its just gonna be this now. They aren’t good rewards and the challenges aren’t fun anymore.

I already PAID to drive a “hard to find” :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Nissan Sentra in FH4.

Premium.

5 Likes

Did just enough of this season to unlock both Audis. Fairly bland but easy enough.

4 Likes

Same. Love the weekly that requires a stock win in the VW while all the other “stock” AIs easily pull away from you throughout the race

3 Likes

The trial was not the problem this week - did it with a Macan Turbo tuned to B699. Was an easy win for me.

The part I really hate are those cross country races. Its wet, there are destructable things all over the tracks and the AI just does not care. They are way faster on wet surface than the player - they can take the corners faster than the player. They dont care about the objects as they dont get slowed down like the player. Sol tell me how are you supposed to win those races?

PG Fix your game!

Good to know….and not surprising. I have a new defender build for b class. Have to tweak it first.

Ever heard of “Tourist” difficulty? I don’t play singleplayer outside of the weekly races anymore so my game is permanently set to it. The championships set themselves to Highly Skilled automatically, Tour runs on whatever that is, and Open has no bots.

Tl;dr: If it’s a chore you don’t have to try too hard.

2 Likes

It’s funny….I absolutely love cross country. I also appreciate the 5 race championships. Reason being is that I have more reasons to try different builds/tunes, which is what I enjoy. Playlist is already too short for me.

The only thing that gets me is the broken inconsistent difficulty with stock car races (or lower class races). The stock VW buggy race forced me to switch difficulties up and down 3 times. Even on expert, they were too fast in one race (the first 3 drivatars anyways) but slower and beatable the second attempt at the same difficulty (expert). (???)

FYI, Audi RS7 sound is fine on Xbox one S.

1 Like

I like a decent challenge, but the AI levels are just a little skewed these days it seems…
I ended up having to go to manual to beat them though.

1 Like

Event labs often work on the Forzathons, and dumb it down as needed to check the box. The 1107 was dull but trailblazer worked ok with B tune. 3 runs, A prob get it in 2.
Trial was fun with tuned Macan, even when bad landing rolled it. Took 3 races.
5 race event ok, should be worth more.
Urus on HW races worked fine even with off-road tires.
Jump needs 210 speed at ramp.

I’m going to say i’m the opposite to others here. The Trial was easy in the Porsche Macan 19, the only time i didn’t get top place was when another player in a Porsche Macan pipped me just at the post. Done several, had my fun and moved on to the Endurance Cross Country Championship. I quite like the 5 races aspect and i had a good think before i decided on which vehicle to use. I went with the Toyota T100 Baja because i like to go crazy sliding it wide around corners (already had JumpyAdvarks tune on it btw). The first race “Urban Cross Country” was always going to be an ask for the Baja but just pushed past the AI (in an Extreme E) after the jump to the finish line. All the rest were very enjoyable for me as the Baja went wide and took home gold. This season is pretty tame i reckon, although the weekly “win a dirt race stock” kind of had me until i dropped the suspension to stop it rolling over all the time lol!!! I also had to drop skill level down to “Highly Skilled” as i couldn’t for the life of me catch the lead AI on Pro.

1 Like

The weekly EventLab was very well-designed. Kudos to Edelmaenn!

Edit: We managed to lose the first Trial race because of three teammates who got stuck in dead last, but we did much better on the second (well the team did…I had an AI violently nudge me off my line and missed a checkpoint), and then the third was a breeze. The AI cannot drive that big sweeping final turn on the hill to save their lives. One weird thing though: I don’t think I ever tuned my Alumni Craft, but the copy I got from winning had slightly different stat numbers listed. No idea why.

3 Likes

I Also enjoyed the EventLab this week :+1:

In this entry in the series it’s often seemed to me that the harder it’s raining the faster the AI goes. When I was doing my first run through of the regular races I started out on a higher than average difficulty, but then I’d get to a stormy race and the AI would dust me even if I set the vehicle type to something that I usually dusted the AI in. So I ended up dropping the difficulty. Unfortunately the seasonal garbage doesn’t obey player difficulty.

I downgraded the Aston DBX to B Class for the trial. It’s a little underpowered compared to the Porsche. The handling is excellent though so just pin it and steer. I finished 2nd on the longer 1st stage that favors top end power. The 2nd race though I won as the acceleration and handling of the Aston was better suited for that track. Share code is below.,

2021 Aston DBX Share Code: 258-454-450

1 Like