Festival Playlist events and rewards Feb. 16-23 (Winter S17)

Winter Season Festival Playlist (Series 17 - Japanese Automotive)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes!

The 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 is this week’s newly added seasonal Exclusive reward car.

WINTER | DRY SEASON

The season starts at 6:30am Pacific on February 16th and ends Thursday, February 23, 2023 2:30 PM
This is the second season of Japanese Automotive (Series 17).

PLAYLIST POINTS

Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Seasonal Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists.

Series total: 244 Points

• Series Reward: 2020 NISSAN GT-R NISMO (Seasonal Exclusive car) (80 points)
  • Series Reward: 1998 SUBARU IMPREZA 22B-STI VERSION (Hard-to-Find car) (160 points)

Season Total: 61 points

• Season Reward: 1992 MITSUBISHI GALANT VR-4 (newly added Seasonal Exclusive car) (20 points)
  • Season Reward: 2016 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER ARCTIC TRUCKS AT37 (Seasonal Exclusive) (40 points)

FORZATHON EVENTS

Completing these events earn seasonal points plus Forzathon Points (FP) which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge:
(5 pts) These four challenges must be completed in sequence.

Spirited Away
Chapter 1: That’s the Spirit Own and drive the 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
Chapter 2: In Short Supply Earn 6 Stars at Danger Signs in the RX-7
Chapter 3: A Fond Farewell Win a Street Race in the RX-7
Chapter 4: Going Sideways Earn 6 Stars at Drift Zones

#Forzathon Daily Challenges
(1 pt each) Each new challenge starts daily at 6:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

Collaboration Complete a Horizon Tour
Mega Evolution Win a Dirt Race in any Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution upgraded to S1 Class
Challenge Accepted Complete a Challenge Card in Freeroam
North Crater Earn 5 Drift Skills at the top of La Gran Caldera
Día del amor y la amistad Take a photo of yours and another players vehicle
Race Day Win a Road Race in the 2017 Acura NSX
10,000 Needles Smash 10 Cacti in any Japanese vehicle

FORZATHON SHOP

500 FP Car 1995 NISSAN NISMO GT-R LM Autoshow (1,110,000 CR)
300 FP Car 2004 NISSAN PICKUP #23 RALLY RAID Autoshow (500,000 CR)
75 FP Car Horn NATURE Hard-to-Find Car Horn
75 FP Emote THE ROBOT Seasonal Emote
Wheelspins 60 FP Wheelspins & 150 FP Super Wheelspins

EVENT REWARDS

The Trial 1990 MAZDA SAVANNA RX-7 Hard-to-Find (25,000 CR)
EventLab Super Wheelspin
EventLab TUNING HOODIE Seasonal Clothing
Danger Sign Super Wheelspin
Speed Zone Super Wheelspin
Drift Zone Super Wheelspin
Championship 2001 ACURA INTEGRA TYPE R Autoshow (25,5000 CR)
Championship 2013 SUBARU BRZ Autoshow (32,000 CR)
Photo Challenge HALO SHIELD RECHARGE Seasonal Car Horn
The Eliminator 2016 NISSAN TITAN WARRIOR CONCEPT Autoshow (50,000 CR)
Collectibles Super Wheelspin
HW Danger Sign Super Wheelspin
HW Championship 1997 MITSUBISHI GTO Autoshow (20,000 CR)

SEASON EVENT DETAILS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion. You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial. Access to Hot Wheels events requires the Hot Wheels Expansion DLC; users without the DLC will still be able to gold the season and unlock the “Min, Meet Max” Achievement without these event points.

Pts Event Name Requirement
10 The Trial Super Scramble (B700) Japan
3 EventLab Vukuu Imperial Circuit (B700) Japan
3 EventLab Puanke Hill Touge (B700) Japan
2 Speed Trap Baja California (S2 998) Anything Goes - 165.0 mph
2 Drift Zone Costera (S2 998) Anything Goes - 100,000 points
5 Championship Honda Pressure (B700) Honda
5 Championship Rally Heroes (C600) Japanese Retro Rally
3 Horizon Tour Co-Op Championships
2 Photo Challenge #RedVsBlue Subaru or Mitsubishi + stone lanterns in Aerodromo En La Selva
2 The Eliminator Battle Royale Finish 30th or better
2 Collectibles Purfect! Collect 8 Lucky Cats in Aerodromo En La Selva
2 HW Danger Sign Forest Escape (S2 998) Anything Goes - 1149 feet / 350 meters
5 HW Championship Wheely Cool (B700) Japan

MONTHLY EVENTS

The total points from Monthly events are divided by four when applied to individual seasons. Completing the two events will apply 1 point for EV + 1 point for Monthly Rivals = 2 points applied to each season. Post a clean lap to complete Rivals events; cars are stock and provided as free rentals.

Pts Event Route Car
4 Monthly Rivals Plaza Circuit Nissan Z
4 Forza EV Tierra Prospera Circuit Rimac Concept 2

1 Like

Cashless Customs
“Quality is Cashless”

Forzathon Weekly Challenge
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A (S1 900) SC-521 847 755
Everyone has to drive it…I kept mine rotary powered! :slightly_smiling_face:

Trial
“Circuit Control” B700 Japan
1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (B700) SC-168 496 992
1992 Nissan Silvia Club K’s (B700) SC-939 708 858
Both are great options but I personally prefer the AE86! Sorry about the ugly forza aero on the Trueno…it just drives better. My husband has an AE86 IRL and he wasn’t amused! :rofl:

Eventlabs: B700 Japan
“Vukkuu Imperial Circuit”, “Puanke Hill Touge”
1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R SC-134 845 335
I just like the Starion, no other reason! :wink: In reality any B class will probably do!

Seasonal Championships
“Honda Pressure” B700 Honda
2009 Honda S2000 CR (B700) SC-143 593 355
Beware of the VTEC! :smiling_imp:

“Rally Heroes” Japanese Retro Rally (C600)
1990 Subaru Legacy RS (C600) SC-648 013 695
Maybe a little slow but it has excellent handling! :+1:

HW Seasonal Championship
“Wheely Cool” B700 Japan
1992 Mazda 323 GT-R (B700) SC-150 531 595
1997 Mitsubishi GTO (B700) SC-424 180 557
Two options…have fun!

PR Stunts
Speedtrap “Baja California”
2010 Mosler MT900S (S2 992) SC-161 473 665
Start in the north, off road and let it rip!

Driftzone “Costera”
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S (S1 883) SC-840 888 019

HW Dangersign “Forest Escape”
2010 Mosler MT900S (S2 992) SC-161 473 665

Thanks for keeping it Cashless! :pray::slightly_smiling_face:

Happy driving all! :grin:

3 Likes

The lanterns for the photo challenge this week are next to the tower.

There’s also, as usual, a waving cat. But there are so many at the airfield I had a hard time to find the right one. :grin:

3 Likes

lol, yeah, this ! I actually saw the cat on the runway last night and thought " That’s odd, I wonder if the lanterns are here (right on the runway) tomorrow ? " I’d forgotten about the collectibles so of course there are a bunch of cats in the area :slight_smile:

Thanks for saving me the hunting :+1:

Does Horizon Tour run on Eliminator rules now? We started with only five players, one dropped out in the middle of the first race, and we lost a player each time on the travelling sections so that only two of us finished the last race.

1 Like

Again there is a translation error in the german version - the weekly challenge said here we have to do a “Strassenrennen” (Road Race) and not a “Strassenszenerennen” (Street Race).

Why not just use the symbols of the race type?

2 Likes

Why not just play the game in English? You seem to be able to understand it.

Ok, sucks for the ones that don’t, sure.

The event labs get worse every week. Also if you arent going to have us race drivatars at least make us race against a time for the points

1 Like

Ohhh, you mean that. Yeah, had drop outs too but at first I thought you meant idiots on team trying to ram me off the road because I dared to pass them because they were slow and sloppy.

EDIT : re The Dropouts… I dunno, I figured it was because you didn’t need to complete it to pop the Daily and that’s the only reason they were there ? Not sure.

Well, if they can’t get simple translation right would you trust them to use the right symbol ?

2 Likes

Well :wink: …if you want to race in the event labs just fire it up as co-op :smiling_imp:

Localization problems is quite an issue, and I can at least understand that. About a series ago it seemed to be a problematic thing, though it seems to vary by language. I’ve also noted them in older series’ too. Now, I wouldn’t change any language other than English, but if localization is this bad, then something’s seriously wrong with the QA, which in this case you’d have to go back to English (or European English or even the British one).

Would you do the same thing to French, Polish, Spanish and even other languages like Japanese translations?

Shame localization seems to be thrown on the wayside.

Also, I’m not too impressed with the Galant considering it was relegated to traffic duty… for 14 months.

Touge event just crashes and crashes for me. Almost certainly a memory issue. Too bad they never bother to test this stuff and make sure it works, but then I guess that would be asking too much of a supposed AAA studio.

2 Likes

Ugh, did not enjoy the circuits for the trial.

@CashlessPlains8 , curious about the Silvia maybe. As I’m not able to get to the game today, what other cars are available for the event that you might be interested in doing a tune? If you don’t have time that’s ok. I’ll just run whatcha brung!

1 Like

For what it’s worth the Subaru does ok in stock too. Ask me how I know ? :wink:

Yep. “Too many tunes. Delete some.” Again ? ! :roll_eyes:

So, I’ll be back later to try some of those out :slight_smile: Thanks in advance !

2 Likes

Crashed once for me loading in, then was fine. Out of curiosity, I’m on Xbox One S, you?

@AnakalaRon, it looks like any Japanese car that can be B700 or below…so any one you want should be ok to actually tune but I am not sure how competitive it will be :woman_shrugging:
Let me know and I’ll give it a go later tonight… be a bit before I am in front of my XSX! :slightly_smiling_face: It will definitely be ready for you tomorrow…:wink:
I do love the 92 Silvia though, personally my favorite Silvia :grin:
I wish we had the Sil-Eighty!! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Leaning between Celica Sport Specialty, 2000GT and the Mazda Familia to use in the trial. Anything but an old Civic really. :smile:

1 Like

@CashlessPlains8 I would love to have a go in an MX-5 with one of your tunes. If that’s do-able.

1 Like