Festival Playlist events and rewards Feb. 2 - 9 (Summer S17)

Summer Season Festival Playlist (Series 17 - Japanese Automotive)

Here are the details on this week’s events and rewards. Share tips along with your tuning setup codes!

The 2023 Nissan Z is this week’s newly added seasonal Exclusive reward car.

SUMMER | WET SEASON

The season starts at 6:30am Pacific on February 2nd and ends Thursday, February 9, 2023 2:30 PM
This is the first season of Japanese Automotive (Series 17).

PLAYLIST POINTS

Points are accumulated across all four seasons. Each event in the Festival Playlist has a number of points to earn noted in the bottom left corner of the event tile. Accumulate points with any combination of completed events to earn the first reward car, and continue earning points from remaining events to earn the second reward car. Cars noted as Exclusive are not available in the Autoshow, so grab them while you can! But don’t worry if you miss them, these cars may come back again for future Festival Playlists.

Series total: 244 Points

• Season Reward: 2020 Nissan GT-R NISMO (Seasonal Exclusive car) (80 points)
  • Season Reward: 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B-Sti Version (Hard-to-Find car) (160 points)

Season Total: 61 points

• Season Reward: 2023 Nissan Z (newly added Seasonal Exclusive car) (20 points)
  • Season Reward: 2007 Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38 (Seasonal Exclusive) (40 points)

FORZATHON EVENTS

Not only do completing these events earn seasonal points, they also earn Forzathon Points which can be used in the Forzathon Shop.

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge: Sky’s the Limit (5 pts)
These four challenges must be completed in sequence for completion.

Chapter 1: Bayside Blue Own and drive the 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
Chapter 2: Too Fast Earn 9 Stars at Speed Zones in the 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
Chapter 3: Race to Victory Win a Road Race Event in the 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
Chapter 4: High Horse Drive 5 miles (8 km) in the 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II

#Forzathon Daily Challenges (1 point each)
Each day a new challenge opens at 6:30am PT and is open for 7 days.

Japanese Automotive Drive 5 miles (8 km) in any vehicle from Japan
No Signal Smash 5 Phonebooths
Sports Day Win a Street Race in any Japanese Retro Sports Car
Speedy Speed Boy Earn 5 Stars at Speed Traps in any ‘S2’ Class vehicle
Big in Japan Complete a Horizon Open Race in any Japanese vehicle
Car Meet Take a picture of the Horizon Tour Mural in the Horizon Festival Mexico
Kaiju Reach 200mph (321.9 km/h) in any Rally Monster

FORZATHON SHOP

550 FP Car 1998 Nissan R390 (GT1) (Autoshow value 1,250,000 CR)
250 FP Car 2017 Acura NSX (Autoshow value 170,000 CR)
75 FP Car Horn Cat Meow
75 FP Clothing Japan Race Gloves
Wheelspins 60 FP Wheelspins & 150 FP Super Wheelspins

SEASON EVENTS

Toggle the menu to show the rewards and restrictions for each event - if you complete the event in a car outside the restrictions or fail to meet the target, you won’t get the reward and points from completion.

The Trial (10 pts) | Sprint Series | Road Racing | (A800) Japan
Note: You must have unlocked the Hall of Fame with Accolade points to enter the Trial.
Reward: 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (Hard-to-Find)

EventLab (3 pts) | VUKKUU PRESENTS Tokyo Project: Circuit | (B700) Japan
Reward: Super Wheelspin

EventLab (3 pts) | PAPI GAMER7597 PRESENTS Mizu Passa [Night] | (B700) Japan
Reward: Dusky - Ingrid is a hybrid (Song)

Showcase Remix (5 pts) | A Twist of Freight | Catch Me If You Canyon | (A800) Nissan Silvia '00

Speed Trap (2 pts) | Mountainside | (S2 998) Anything Goes | 170 mph

Speed Zone (2 pts) | Arbolada | (S2 998) Anything Goes | 150,000 points

Championship (5 pts) | Mazda of the Streets | Road Racing | (B700) Mazda
Reward: 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR (Autoshow value 31,000 CR)

Championship (5 pts) | Very Imprezed | Dirt Racing | (B700) Japanese Modern Rally
Reward: 2017 Nissan GT-R (R35) (Autoshow value 132,000 CR)

CHALLENGES

Treasure Hunt (2 pts) | Star of Arion | Take your starion for a ride and speed past the traffic
Reward: 100 FP

Photo Challenge (2 pts) | #FORDZATHON | Photograph any Toyota or Lexus next to the stone lanterns in Ek’ Balam
Reward: Tiger Roar Car Horn

MONTHLY EVENTS

The total points from Monthly events are divided by four when applied to individual seasons. Completing the two events will apply 1 point for EV + 1 point for Monthly Rivals = 2 points applied to each season.

Monthly Rivals (4 pts) | Plaza Circuit | Nissan Z | Post a clean lap to complete.

Forza EV (4 pts) | Tierra Prospera Circuit | Rimac Concept 2 | Post a clean lap to complete.

HOT WHEELS EVENTS

Access to these events requires the Hot Wheels Expansion DLC. Users without the DLC will still be able to gold the season and unlock the “Min, Meet Max” Achievement without these event points.

Speed Zone (2 pts) | Supersonic Spiral | (S2 998) Anything Goes | 170 mph

Championship (5 pts) | Can’yon Do | (B700) Japan
Reward: 1974 Honda Civic RS (Autoshow value 25,000 CR)

4 Likes

Cashless Customs
“Quality is Cashless”

Forzathon Weekly Challenge
“Sky’s the Limit”
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II SC 137 613 895 (S1 900)
We all gotta drive it this week, so here’s my take on it. It’s anything but “inissant”! :wink:

The Trial
“Sprint Series” A800 Japan
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen SC 756 793 410 (A800)
1991 Honda CR-X SIR SC 154 600 667 (A800)
I decided to go with these two CRX’s this week. I love these cars…they are small, agile, and fast! I personally prefer the Mugen myself but both are more than capable of holding their own.

Event Labs
B700 Japan
1997 Mitsubishi GTO Road SC 454 804 113 (B700)
1997 Mitsubishi GTO Dirt SC 424 180 557 (B700)
Two tunes here, depending on what you prefer. I’ll be using the dirt tune because I like to giggle about a 3000GT with mud tires. :slightly_smiling_face:

Seasonal Championship
“Mazda of the Streets” B700 Mazda
2011 Mazda RX-8 R3 SC 317 611 557 (B700)
Rolling with the most recent rotary…and why not…on here it’s actually reliable!

Seasonal Championship
“Very Imprezzed” B Class Japanese Modern Rally
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR SC 134 438 401 (B700)
Skip the STI and start an Evolution!

HW Seasonal Championship
“Can’yon Do” B Class Japanese
1998 Toyota Supra RZ SC 700 225 041 (B700)
This car is fast enough without the F&F livery…

PR Stunts
Mountainside Speed Trap
2020 Koenigsegg Jesko SC 883 282 479 (S2 998)

Arbolada Drift Zone
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo S SC 840 888 019 (S1 883)

HW Supersonic Spiral Speed Zone
2020 Koenigsegg Jesko SC 883 282 479 (S2 998)

Thanks for keeping it Cashless! :+1: Happy driving all! :grin:

2 Likes

Waited nearly the whole 3 minutes for the Trial, game bugged out on the car selection menu with no images showing, froze as I selected my car then dashboarded itself.

Great start.

2 Likes

Not even a custom themed screen this month? Welcome to Mexico?

Oh, and the Forzathon Shop gives me an error message.

1 Like

Deleted

5 Likes

Note - the Forzathon Shop and Rivals seem to be not working and the team is looking into it.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

NEW Z NEW Z NEW Z NEW Z FINALLY

On a more positive note the 2 EventLabs are superb, Mizu Pass is easily the most enjoyable one I’ve ever done.

The other one also demonstrated to me how much better 90% of the roads in the game could feel just with some interesting scenery surrounding them.

1 Like

Welcome screen changed.

Shop works now. Too bad I already own everything besides the wheelspins.

Any idea how to rig them to get me the last pair of glasses? :laughing:

1 Like

Deleted

Did most of the season, and I think it’s fun, well executed season (bugs aside, but at least they were fixed quickly this time)

Loved the eventlab tracks. A lot of effort had to be put in those. Although the Tokyo Project can be a bit confusing if you have the racing line disabled.

Had a blast with the trial. Ended up in an interesting team and we won each race by a very tight margin.

I just don’t think that the Hot Wheels championship was playtested/thought out at all. These tracks are for S1/S2 cars and it’s a bit boring to drive on mainly straight roads with B700 cars.

All in all, great season!

UK XBox Series X…Shop working again but still can’t find the two Rivals Events!
Enjoyable even if I did have to find the stone lanterns in the dark!

Update: After an hour or so rebooted the XBSX and all was well!

Forzathon shop not working (not that it matters, but it’s the principle). Neither Eventlab tile was live. I wondered whether there were rivals events, but no sign of them.

Currently having a little break in the hope that it’s all working again when I go back.

Had the same problem, but a restart fixed it for me

Same here. All good when I went back.

There’s nothing fun about B Class cars in Hot Wheels. Ridiculous. Whose idea was that?

I mean there is nothing fun about hot wheels, period. It’s all surface level, looks great but no driving challenge to be had whatsoever (other than sussing out the poorly marked braking lines).

Making it B class just highlights the core issue.

It was a DLC made for all power no brains wallriders.

10 Likes

Also, I know the showcase event are basically “rigged”, but I’m glad the showcase remixes are back :smiley: