Would love Endurance Races to return.

I’ll just copy my post from game features wish list thread, I am aware that it’s possible to make custom races in free play, but I think system like this would make career awesome.

Here we go:

Since we don’t have endurance races in career mode it would be nice if we would get option with which we could set the length of races based on our preferences. Like - race length x2, x3 etc. and after the race credit and experience reward is multiplied by the amount the race was lengthened.

Also it would be awesome to get option for fuel and tyre wear adjustment (normal, fast, fastest) so we could further deepen our experience with pit stops. I don’t expect animated pit crews, it would be nice just to have longer races with pit stops.

That way we could enjoy our favourite events with more laps, and on the other hand we could just switch back in options to default if we’re in the mood for shorter races.

This way no one is ‘forced’ to do endurance for game completion, but those who like endurance racing get to try it in every event throughout career if they want.

I know there are many other players who would love to see this feature in game. I’m currently playing FM4 and I hugely miss endurance racing in career mode. The way T10 is constantly improving FM5 with new content and features I don’t see reason why we couldn’t get these two simple options. I’m following FM5 development 'cause I plan on buying XO with FM5 by the end of the year and it would be great if T10 held some more nice surprises for community like they did with free tracks.

Also - qualifying option before races would be great.

2 Likes

I would also like to see the endurance races brought back in career mode. Races about an hour long would be nice.

I don’t know how many laps would be required on each course to make the race about an hour but here are the races I like to see in career mode.

Modern Grand Prix, F1
Yas Marina and Spa Francorchamps

Vintage Grand Prix, F1
Silverstone and Catalunya

Modern Indy Car
Indy oval and Long Beach

Prototype 1 Racing
Le Mans Sarthe and Laguna Seca (or Sebring)

V8 Super Cars
Mount Panorama and Road Atlanta

Just because they are in career mode doesn’t mean people have to race them. I could see adding an achievement, The Long Road, being added. If someone doesn’t want the medal they don’t have to do the races.

for multiplayer the issue lies in not being able to search private lobbies. Any type of multi player hopper would need a lot of rules like not starting until half lobby is full, not putting you in an already started race.

1 Like

I hate endurance races ,I’m more into the quick sprint

Thats what she said!

I would also like to see online endurance hoppers. I know there have been the Long Beach or Sebring events but those are for the Indy or Prototype cars. I’d just be off pace, and a pain to everyone else if I got into those events. I’d love to run 1/2 hour or hour events for the lower classes.

I do not miss them whatsoever. I was glad when they went away, especially as I became more casual and just couldn’t keep with them anymore. Way too long for one race. You can always set them up yourself if you truly like them though.

I was doing a endurance race at le mans and a Hennessey Venom brake checked me on the long straight.

Welcome to Drivatar. Happens to me on pretty much every straight if I’m close behind an AI car.

The Forza series need one of two things:

They either add qualifying to the races, or they increase the number of laps per race.

It’s quite nonsense to start at the back of the 16 cars pack, then have to proceed in overtaking everyone to get to first place in under 2 laps.

I would rather have the number of laps increased, than having a qualifying sessions. 2, 3 laps is just too short. Increase it to a couple more, and it’s a good start. 4, 5 laps should be the standard, for any series.

Then we could have some series where the number of laps could be higher… Something along those lines.

Well, at least that’s my opinion, from a Forza 2 veteran.

I agree, and think they should do both: qualifying for the gp, gp2, Indy, and lmp races with More laps throughout.

I agree on previous post