Whats New?

Looks like they have nothing innovative being added yet again. No a new track in Dubai is not innovative, nor is adding a few arbitrary racing suits that effect nothing. This game is called motorsport yet has no rally racing, drifting, autoX, drag racing etc… 700 cars yea that’s cool and all but i would rather have 200 cars and non repetitive gameplay with excellent customization. This game has recycled the same coding for a decade, they can’t even give us simple things like track width and window decals. Preparing for hate by fanboys in 3…2…1…

4 Likes

Uhuh.

Come back when you have 1,000 or more Rewards points and maybe you’ll look like someone who’s actually played what the game already offers before complaining that it doesn’t have enough.

8 Likes

I have owned every game since the fourth. I have 1000+ hours into this franchise and my opinions are as valid as any others.

3 Likes

You’re opinions are valid, but you’re opinions are negative even tough we’ve only seen about 5 minutes of gameplay and some news/screenshots. Not saying negative opinions aren’t good but saying stuff like “I looks like” when we’ve only looked at 5 minutes of gameplay is a bit overkill to me.

1 Like

You’ve got 110GS on FM5 and 0 on FM6 and FH3 or FH2. I doubt it took you 1000+ hours to do 110GS on FM5.

1 Like

Can I speak my mind then? Four new settings are not enough, especially if one or two are old tracks that just now got the HD treatment. I will buy it anyway, because I love me some Forza, but the OP is not wrong. I think FM delivered enough when they had no competition, but looking at what the competitors are coming up with in terms of Motorsport, Forza doesn’t do enough. It should have Nascar, Indycar, DTM, WTCC, Formula E, Rallye out of the box. And maybe it has, but I think it would be in the trailer.

2 Likes

First off track width and window decals has neither been confirmed or debunked. Secondly we’ve only got a trailer and a little gameplay so there could be more, there could not be. Dynamic weather is new and innovative for the motorsport side. We don’t know what new customisation they have either or what is planned for career mode. As turn 10 say. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Of course you’re going to get hate. Jumping to conclusions from a 1.5 minute trailer smh
I too want to see vast improvements with the career mode. So far what we have is that ‘it’s motorsports inspired’, and the trailer shows endurance-style driver swapping, proper pitstops and jiggling antennas, air ducts and cockpit wires.

I hope the motorsports direction would add corner-cutting penalties to replace sticky grass, and qualitfying so races aren’t 12th-to-podium sprints.

4 Likes

Let’s please be a little more circumspect when replying to threads that have an obvious agenda.

3 Likes

Agenda? Like what? All i wan’t is a good racing game, a game that gave me the same feel as playing forza for the first time. I am asking the question, “whats new?”. My agenda is to literally figure out what is new. The trailer showed nothing new which pretty much answers the question however i thought people here would know more.

Yeah I was going to say something but I’ll just slowly back away now.

1 Like

We don’t know anything yet basically. Chill out and wait until the full feature list is released.

6 Likes

What’s new? Forza Motorsport 7. There, that’s whats new.

Now sit back with the rest of us and wait for info as they release it.

8 Likes

So the title is new? Definitely worth my $120. You can’t say somethings new when in fact the reuse 95% of assets every game. That’s not even an insult it’s reality.

1 Like

Sounds like Project CARS 2 will be more suitable for you than FM7, minus the customisation part.

1 Like

You guys clearly have no idea how E3, game announcements, and business works. You announce the new features first to gain interest. You really think they would withhold drifting drag and rally modes from the E3 stage to announce later on for 99% less people to see? The game comes out in a few months… Sorry for saying what we all want to say. Come back to this thread after release and tell me i’m wrong, i bet anything there nothing will be new.

It’s funny we even have to have these debates on what will be new, when there are companies that are forced to code, model, and texture completely new games each year. Watch the forza 6 and 7 trailer. Then watch the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 trailer… See what i mean? And window decals are to much to ask for with you guys? This wouldn’t be a big deal but the only other racing game i like: Need for Speed is just a copy and paste game as well. Sorry for wishing for a new experience.

Why would you think there would be a rally mode in FM7? Has it been hinted at anywhere? And there is already drag racing and drifting in FM6 so why would they show that off at E3?

1 Like

-A bunch of new cars.
-Porsche cars on base game.
-Dynamic weather conditions.
-More track configurations.
-Player customization.
-Two well wanted circuits from previous games: Maple Valley and Mugello.
-At least one new track.
-A different layout.
-More animations. Look at the Nissan GTR footage where the window cleaner, side mirrors, and the rear wing rattle more depending on speed (and even a hose inside the car is moving); new player animations when crashing; the camera shakes more in chase cam, it looks more realistic in cockpit view and bumper view. Dirt coming out of the wheels look great as well.
-Better overall graphics. Nurburgring looks much more colorful and has different assets, for example. Also the gameplay seems smoother.
-New mods and assists
-It will come with a new campaing allegedly
-New sounds based on that gameplay.
-It looks like it will remove the wheel from the cockpit view if you have are playing with one
-And supposedly it will have better wheel implementation from that post from Fanatec a while back.

That’s pretty cool so far. E3 has just started and it will be a whole week left to see more new things. We still don’t know what the majority of the game looks like so I’d wait a little more.

5 Likes

That’s enough for me to be excited right there.

2 Likes

Agreed, I can’t wait for more cars to be revealed.