Volkswagen Golf 2004-2009 (Mk5)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Volkswagen Golf (Fifth generation)

This topic covers all production models of the Mk5 Golf, including hatchbacks and estate, for the one-off W12-650 concept click here and for racing variants click here.

This model was also sold as the

• Volkswagen Rabbit (US and Canada)
  • Volkswagen GTI (US and Canada)
  • Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen (North America, wagon)
  • Volkswagen Vento Variant (Argentina and Uruguay, wagon)

This model has been represented in Forza games as the

• 2006 Volkwsagen Golf GTi (FM2-FM4)

POLLS

Note - polls do not replace voting on the topic for our tracking purposes - be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left above the first post in addition to submitting poll responses.

Which market version do you prefer?

• Global (Golf)
  • North America (Rabbit)
0 voters

Which body style do you prefer?

• 3-door Hatchback
  • 5-door Hatchback
  • Wagon
0 voters

Which model do you prefer?

• Standard
  • GT
  • GTI
  • GTI Edition 30
  • R32
  • Standard Diesel
  • GT Diesel
0 voters

Would love to have the R32 version in the game even if it was an engine swap and body kit on the GTi version

26 Likes

+1 on the R32, a certain famous Forza YouTuber has one if you need a celebrity ownership segment in the stream.

15 Likes

R32 is a MUST for Mk5 ! But GTI is also good!

17 Likes

This car is LONG overdue to be featured in Forza!

I’d love to see the GTI and R32 in 5-door versions

14 Likes

Golf 5 R32 is amazing, it would be nice to see it in FH5…

11 Likes

I’ve got an even better idea: a Mk5 GTi with a Mk5 R32 unlockable through car perks
They already did that with ie. the Lambo Diablo, with the SV being in the autoshow and the GTR in SV’s perks

17 Likes

Besides the R32, there should also be the bodykit for the GTI edition 30, it’s pretty simple and wouldn’t be hard to add

26 Likes

Needs to be added!

7 Likes

Have been wanting this car in the game for a bit… it just makes sense to. They have every other VW except this one… plus its my daily and making my own car in the game would be awesome

7 Likes

2006 Golf R32

The Mk5 Golf has an R32 just like the Mk4, but slightly more powerful than the previous one.

It still has the same 3.2 VR6 and either 7-speed DSG or 6-speed Manual. It produces 247HP, while the Mk4 produces 238HP. They’d want a better VW Golf for sportiness & performance.

As the Mk5 R32 didn’t feature itself yet in Forza games, maybe NOW is the chance for it to join!!!

And also, I am including the 2006 Golf GTI, which needs a full rescan from the ground up that it’s a good idea not to bring a deformed car back to a new game. That’s why it disappeared in Forza’s Xbox One era and definitely needs a very accurate return.

21 Likes

100% we need this car WITH DSG. Yes Manual is great but DSG would be cooler.

6 Likes

2006 Volkswagen Golf R32

16 Likes

Manual is the very best so far. I don’t request for DSG.

5 Likes

No matter what gearbox is used for the stock OEM tune, you can always install a race transmission and tune the gear ratios for the manual or DSG transmission. I’ve been doing that for a lot of cars lately

6 Likes

Bring back the MkV Golf from Forza Motorsport 4!

4 Likes

I forgot it was in FM4. Just goes to show what a great game it was. Why not port the car to current gen games?

5 Likes

The Golf Mk5 With the 2.0 TDi :joy: would be fun
Maybe as engine option

2 Likes

Yeah, the 2.0 TDI GT Sport (170hp) would be cool to have.

6 Likes

Can t understand how forza can add all WV golf on Horizon 5 and MK5 is missing

7 Likes