***UPDATED*** Tuning Calculator v2

Error: 404

Thank you for the kind words. It took a lot of work and formulas to get it all to work right.

The good thing is, the document should still be good. I have locked a lot of different things inside of it so it can’t be tampered with or deleted so it keeps working properly. I do still get emails on this and check them out though to make sure, and sometimes clean up the mess that has been left with it.

With FH5 quickly approaching, I am paying attention to every bit of news, reviews and leaks that have came out. As soon as I can get my hands on a copy I will be updating the calculator to reflect any and all changes to tuning for the new edition. For everyone who has shown love and views for this, I thank you.

Also, I will be streaming myself tuning my drift vehicles using this method when it launches so the few who do have problems in that line of tuning, you can always stop by and check it out. I want to make sure this calculatot is kept up and monitored for everyone who enjoys it.

Alright all of my tuner friends. I currently have FH5 predownloaded and will be jumping in the game at launch. With my new work schedule, it will take me a few days to get the new calculator going. I might make it an extension of the current link to make it easier for everyone to navigate to. If not, I will just create a whole new one from scratch. So stay tuned!

Hey guys.
I’m having an issue.
I have a tuned MX NB in my real life and I want to put my coilover setup into the game.
The Spring rates on FM 4 are not realistic… (There’s none coilover on the market with more than 12kgf/mm and this in the game isn’t even considered a stiff spring) … So my question is… My coilover spring rates are 9 kgf front and 6 kfg back…
And what about my dumping?
The coilover has 36 stage dumping and I’m running 18 out of 36 front and 26 out of 36 back
How are those numbers translated in forza?
Thanks in advance

Accounting for motion ratios 0.686 / 0.721, assuming 1100kb/2424lbs loaded sprung mass and 52/48 weight distribution, 9k/6k is roughly 500lb front and 340lb rear wheel rates (in Forza).

For damping, you might like to try one of my sheets (search ride frequency tuning Forza, you’ll find it), enter the weight, weight distribution, and spring rates, then experiment with different matched pairs from the damping section for equal damping ratios as a baseline.

Thanks for the reply dude.
Probably you didn’t understand me though… I don’t want to “experiment” with any dumping setup…(I have done it thoroughly the last 15 years playing Forza titles)
I just want to know if there’s a way to calculate and put my real cars setup to Forza for the same driving experience, cause for example my spring rates which are considered stiff for an MX 5 setup in real life, are very soft in Forzas scale.
Plus I’m not sure about these weight based formulas, since for example oem MX5 rates are 3kgf front, 2.3kgf rear… aftermarket street/track coilovers for Mx5 are everywhere between double to quadruple that number…

Forza’s rate range for race suspension is absurdly stiff for street cars, you’re correct. I use Rally suspension in practically everything, with between minimum and maybe middle for the rear springs for most cars up to A class. S1 class occasionally higher. S2 class often max rear and front softer to match the weight distribution. I only wish rally springs could go 10-20% stiffer for some S2 cars that bottom too often even with max ride height.