CW's Tuning guide + Calc Spreadsheet **NEW MOBILE WEB APP**

>NEW CALC SPREADSHEET HERE< PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

I am very happy to announce that we now have a working mobile friendly web app, made by the amazing Nedge2k, from my spreadsheet workings.

>NEW MOBILE WEB APP HERE <
AGAIN PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

Hey folks how’s it going, I have for you a guide on how to tune a car on Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon Titles, this is designed to be as simple as possible to give you a strong, reliable base to work from or to hit multiplayer with.
User friendly mainly for people starting out in tuning. My methods are not necessarily the definitive way to tune, just offering another angle to tune from. please feel free to leave feedback by dropping a comment below.
My spreadsheet is designed to work along side the guide and involve you more in the tuning process, or if you prefer to tune and go this will get you well on your way.

NOTE spreadsheet may appear on a live Web page it is advisable to download or save it if you can from the Web page. You should have no problem viewing on Excel offline. Usable on your mobile as well if you have an app that allows you to read Excel files on your device.

>GUIDE IN DOC< This is the link to the guide as a word and pdf document.

Thanks for reading guys, don’t forget to drop a comment and a like on the post if you find this use full, positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.
See you on track :wink:

USER REVIEWS

6 Likes

Links are not working yet, fixing it now.

Links fixed

If anyone has any questions just let me know :+1::wink:

Thx for the update, will give it a try over the weekend and give some feedback.
Usually helps a lot getting a proper balanced base setup to work with, looking forward to test your FM7 update.

1 Like

Good stuff man :+1:

Just had a quick looks and it seems good for getting a decent base, though the Lower spring rate doesn’t seem to be editable.

1 Like

Yea that’s it job lol to get a good base, I’ll take a look you should just be able to click on the white box and edit the values. I’ll take a look now.

So I found the issue thanks for pointing it out. I’m try to save the changes atm but it’s saying it is locked for editing. I believe that people are using it atm that is stopping me from saving it lol so it’s a waiting game.

Nice to see changes for FM7 so quickly. Can you explain why the roll bars are so different and why? or is it in your doc already?

The metric table doesn’t seem to make sense though, can you figure out what went wrong here?

1 Like

It looks like you may of put in the incorrect format for the Front%, try expressing it as decimal point, ie 0.53, the calculation will automatically calculate the rear and return the opposite value 0.47. You will see your result in the ARB section.

Of course, I did not think of that because google sheets can bet set to %. I will have a play around.

Also, just built a drift S15 and I noticed not that the anti roll bars should be that much softer, but the suspension needed to be that much harder to not bottom out at a very low ride height. I used my own calculator that I developed for FH3 for this one (click), and these are the values that rolled out after some driving and tweaking. Front ride height is about 2-3 clicks above lowest and rear a bit over a cm higher than front.

1 Like

Nice Dude, unless your one in the same person, that sheet of yours is based of Clark Griswold’s sheet, its looks identical, which in turn is based of my older workings lol. The ARB’s are different though.

That spreadsheet was free for everyone, glad people actually use it…

Sorry I did not see your other reply earlier.
Yes this sheet is indeed based off of his sheet which originated in your FH3 topic I also took part in. I think you even added the link to that OP at some point. My changes are mostly to have a more complete way to customise the tune.

I will build and tune more cars later using your sheet and also my own and report back the results, if I find more or different things that seem to work for FM7.

Are there any significant changes to your work since then I should take into account?

btw - the FM7 physics feel soo good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys. I’m surprised that FH3 spreadsheet is still kicking. Just started playing FM7… I am digging it so far.

Yeah thought so lol sounds good. And nothing major.

Another question, I noticed ‘lower spring rate’ is missing in the metric version of your sheet. Is it not needed in metric?

1 Like

Its not absolutely necessary, if you like the feel of the car with that calculation included, then you can just add it manually to the metric version.