Series 6 Info | Horizon Customs & Drift Club

SERIES 6 EVOLVING WORLD: HORIZON CUSTOMS

Welcome to the Series 6 Update, officially named Horizon Customs as Forza Horizon 5 celebrates both the creative and racing talents of our amazing players with important upgrades to Horizon Open and EventLab which you can read more about below. Also, we are happy to welcome back our good friend, esteemed drift aficionado Robert Glenn who has arrived in Mexico to setup Drift Club Mexico as you’re invited to push the limits of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 in our first post-release Horizon Story.

SEASONS

Seasons change each Thursday at 7:30am Pacific time (UTC-7).

Season Dates
Summer March 31 - April 7
Autumn April 7 - 14
Winter April 14 - 21
Spring April 21-28

ARTICLE & VIDEOS

Read the Series 6 Announcement article for all the details and watch the livestream replays on Forza’s YouTube channel:

Forza Monthly invited Vaughn Gittin Jr. to talk about the Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 and the new Drift Club Mexico Story.

Let’s ¡GO! previewed the Series 6 content and new cars from Festival Playlist rewards and Car Pass DLC along with updates to EventLab and Horizon Open.

NEW CARS

Available Car How to Get
March 31 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 Drift Club reward
March 31 2012 Ascari KZ1R Festival Playlist
March 31 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado Car Pass DLC
April 7 2021 McLaren 765LT Coupe Festival Playlist
April 7 2021 McLaren 620R Car Pass DLC
April 14 2018 ATS GT Festival Playlist
April 14 2021 MINI John Cooper Works GP Car Pass DLC
April 21 2014 McLaren 650S Spider Festival Playlist
April 21 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster Car Pass DLC

NEW CLOTHING

In total, 27 new clothing items are available to acquire from the Series 6 Festival Playlist, Drift Club Mexico and the Customize Character interface. Here’s what you can look forward to:

DRIFT CLUB THEME

• Drift Club Tee, Race Helmet, Racesuit

HORIZON CUSTOMS THEME

• Builder’s Outfit, Helmet, Gloves
  • Creative Tee
  • Hoodies: Painter, Tuning, Photo

SHORT SLEEVED SHIRTS

• Animals: Natural Bird, White Leopard
  • Leaf: White, Natural
  • Pattern: Yellow, Triangle, Doodle

PROSTHETIC LEGS

• Farid Rueda Bear
  • Pattern: Colourful Leaf, Teal, Red Doodle, Doodle

TANK TOPS

• Leopard: White, Grey, Grey Pattern
  • Bird: White, Colourful

NEW CAR HORNS

• Mechanical Whizz
  • Paint Spray
  • Pinball Machine
  • Wheelspin Win
  • Piñata Pop

NEW ACCOLADES

• Stories group updated with a Drift Club tab, offering the Drift Club Tee, Drift Club Racesuit, Drift Club Helmet, and Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 as rewards.
  • Evolving World group added the Series 6 Collector accolade to the New Cars tab.

NEW FEATURES

NEW STORY: DRIFT CLUB MEXICO

Drift Club is expanding to Mexico! Welshman Robert Glenn, a kindred spirit of drifters who share a real love for controlled oversteer, has flown over from Horizon’s Britain, bringing with him a new set of challenges that celebrates the engineering and technical delight of going sideways. Players who have built the Horizon Rush Outpost will be able to start playing Drift Club Mexico immediately, taking you behind the wheel of seven of the world’s coolest drift cars – each tuned and tweaked to celebrate the past, present and future of drifting. Additionally, by completing all six chapters, the all-electric 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 will be added to your garage, and you’ll learn some fun insights on just how revolutionary this car is courtesy of Formula Drift champion and RTR Vehicles founder Vaughn Gittin Jr.

• The Accolades / Stories menu has been updated to include this Story.

HORIZON OPEN CUSTOM RACING

• Matchmake with likeminded players based on your desired racing parameters, such as PI class and type of race.
  • New stand-alone progression system: XP earned in Horizon Open contributes both to the traditional player level and the new Horizon Open level. Each level has a specified XP target, which you can view alongside upcoming rewards in the Horizon Open tile. You’ll also find a new additional XP bar for your Horizon Open level on the post-race screen.
  • Badges are a new reward type earned by completing special challenges or by levelling up in Horizon Open. These add a small colorful icon beside your Gamertag and are visible in Horizon Life Free Roam, race standings and Leaderboards. Complete challenges to unlock new Badges and redeem those already unlocked via the dedicated Badges menu under the Campaign tab.
  • New Horizon Open Leaderboard displays your total Horizon Open XP and unlocked Badges. Compare XP earned with your friends and the global Forza community.

EVENTLAB

• New original props: concrete and plaster walls; concrete, dirt, and asphalt platforms; neon shipping containers and directional arrow decals; a tyre stack wall and concrete pillar, as well as festival-inspired towers and Lunar New Year lanterns.
  • New Scale Gravity rule allows creators to either increase or decrease the gravity forces applied to a player car – from 10% impact to 200%.
  • Improved terrain visibility for a better visual experience when playing elevated EventLab creations (on Xbox Series X|S and PC)
  • Added option to preview sounds

CONTENT UPDATE RELEASE NOTES

The Series 6 content update will be available to install on Wednesday, March 30th. Read the full list of changes and fixes at Forza Support.

Notable Changes:

• Added HUD for cars with Race Mode type functionality to support the new Drivetrain swap mode on the Ford Mustang Mach-E
  • Re-tuned the dirty air aerodynamic effect: the change reduces the amount of total downforce lost due to dirty air and improves the total aerodynamic balance distribution when following closely another car. This effect is more noticeable when driving very fast with cars that produce a sizeable amount of downforce
  • 4-gear Drift gearbox added to upgrades
  • Some users may notice refunded Car Mastery Skill Points after the update
4 Likes

Hoping something similar to FH4’s community championships will feature in this series with the EventLab focus.

Tune in for Thursday! (and check out the clue to a new car!)

3 Likes

Worth the watch? Anything with racing this time? (Apart from that joyless event lab races in seasonal list?)

hope there’s news on an expansion

Yes, we’ll be returning to racing this Series and there’s a fairly high chance that they’re giving us filters for Horizon Open!

I wonder if this change has come too late for many. Better late than never I guess.

2 Likes

“check out the clue to a new car”

wait what is the definition of “clue”?

1 Like

The background of the 1st picture (and maybe the 2nd car in the 1st picture)

The picture is the clue. The Mustang Mach-E 1400 is in both pics.

He’s right. If you look closely the Mustang is in both pictures. A mustang is not only a car but also a free roaming horse in the Western United States. A horse is basically a large pony. And there you have it boys and girls. My little pony expansion has been confirmed!!!

4 Likes

The Mach-E looks nice. I might end up with a new go-to drift car by the end of Series 6.

ughh, just what we need is more Mustangs…

EDIT: Since we’re getting more filler cars, can we maybe get 4-5 more WRX’s

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call the Mach-E just another Mustang.

1 Like

It’s a Mustang, Its electric, Its a Ford…

Sure, its electric and new…but still a mustang.

I dunno, not really exciting to me… but whatever, if you enjoy. awesome, hope you have a blast with it

I am not looking forward to another Mustang, electric, gas, or otherwise.

Too many Golf’s, 911’s, GTR’s and Mustang’s for me. But thats just me.

Malibu Stacy with a new hat vibes…

3 Likes

Malibu Stacy is exactly right.

You can add decals…

You can electrify it…

You can call it new…

But at the end of the day, it will still spin out and crash as your’e leaving cars and coffee, perhaps just quieter?

3 Likes

As someone who loathes EVs, its grinds my gears that so many are being added over cars that were cut in-between games and cars that should’ve been added to the Forza franchise as a whole long ago.