Saves - Blocked words for license plates and shared file names

Users may encounter Inappropriate Content messages on what appear to be normal words that the Xbox language filter prevents from being used for license plates and shared file names for liveries, tuning setups etc.

Please report those here so we can compile a list for review.

Reported words:
HI LOL
QUEEN
PLAYA
SPRITE
F40
FA
TURBO
LYNK & CO

1 Like

Well watch this:

7 Likes

that clip of the “hi lol” plate is worth trying to replicate as it’s so idiotic - what on earth?

I tried to type “m/o/r/o/n/i/c” but the language filter did not allow it

2 Likes

I made a Miami Vice livery for the Sprite. I was gonna call it “Miami Sprite”. buzzer sound nope. Sprite is a naughty word. Guess we’ll go with Vice instead. Much better.

Not sure how anybody is going to find my Queen crest given that the female monarch word is verboten. Might try “Reina”?

Though they also ban Spanish words FROM THEIR OWN GAME. Wanna name a tune after Playa Azul? Sorry… life’s a beach, but you can’t say beach in Spanish.

If they published a dump of the word list they filter against in the game it would be just embarrassing, I’m pretty sure.

I appreciate learning that it’s an xbox file system/api type constraint. I suspect that is the root of other common complaints (tune/livery limits is the first thing that comes to mind), and that might explain why the devs are so tight lipped about those. I would personally err on the side of transparency but there may be the equivalent of NDAs in play.

To sum up:

Blocked:
queen (but king is allowed)
playa (Spanish for beach)
sprite

4 Likes

Ran into an issue where both ‘F40’ and ‘F-40’ are banned from being used in custom race descriptions. ‘F 40’ managed to work.

2 Likes

I’ve had that kind of thing, while making, er, completely different designs and tunes for accolades, er, other players to use, I regularly encountered that “F40” sort of business (probably that exact one, too). I don’t remember specifics but there were quite a few.

1 Like

why is “10” (without the quotes) blocked by the language filter? vinyl save - “X” is okay

1 Like

I understand that some filter levels had to be putt.
But i did some design about mussic and music pentagram with DO RE MI and FA was Blocked. due was a BAD word . cmn

1 Like

I have a question about the inappropriate content filter for tune descriptions.

I can’t seem to describe this tune and upload it. I have used the term “7-speed” before but now it’s not working. I always name my tunes perfectly appropriate and descriptive. Is the word ‘turbo’ blocked? What is going on here?

2 Likes

I would suggest using the abbreviation spd instead of the word with pee in it.

The tire type is already displayed in the tune information, no need to add this to the description, by the way.
When I look for tunes I am more intereseted in the gearbox, bodykits and the (ugly forza) aero (and if someone equpping any drag tires to prepare the car for road racing).

1 Like

Currently, there’s at least one manufacturer’s name that’s blocked in the game, Lynk & Co.

The reason i can think of as to why this happens is because it thinks “someone’s trying to evade the filter”

1 Like

Think I ran into Turbo being a blocked word in the last few weeks. I’d have to check again though to be sure.

Edit: Confirmed Turbo is blocked.

3 Likes

I only added slicks into the title on my 2nd attempt at getting it through, but good point it being redundant. I have put 7-speed in the title in the past.

But wow TURBO is a banned word in a car game?? That needs to be fixed!

2 Likes

I’m naming most of my designs and tunes with PBLN #XXX which simply reflects the “race number” of the car.

Here are the numbers I couldn’t type in and where I had to replace one number with an X.

1 Like

33c

anyone able to tell me why that’s blocked by FH5?

1 Like

MS and XBox set the language filters, you need to remember though its a worldwide thing, so something that may mean nothing at all to someone in one part of the world could have connections to something totally different in another part.

3 Likes

I suppose; an internet search comes up a blank on that one, though; no suggestions to indicate what it might be

also 36c and 38c

genuinely be interesting to know the reason; shape of symbols in another script seems plausible

MS and Xbox need to work on removing offensive content, not because of this, but try searching for gamertags starting “nilkig” - I raised a ticket with MS support, went off into the ether, nothing has changed

1 Like

It may be an attempt to stop the practice of players taking simple vinyl shapes or designs, naming them with multiple, sequential numbers & then sharing dozens of them at a time in an attempt to land them on the subsequent featured vinyls/designs page for downloads.

2 Likes

I’m creating, sharing and deleting once others in the house have had a look - no timing to coincide with anything in the game and they’re not just stock. I do use sequences and most are fine so I don’t think it’s that, most got through.

1 Like

Coming to you from the company that banned:

1. The General Lee
  2. ALL SS badging on every Super Sport Chevy
  3. The Rising Sun flag - A symbol of the Japanese Navy.
3 Likes