Rivals Leaderboard Wipe?

Loop through all rival boards and calculate the time difference between 50th and 100th. Multiple result by 1.5. subtract result from 50th place. Hide any times lower than this.

Example:

50th: 10 secs
100th: 12 seconds

Difference: 2 seconds
Window: 3 seconds
Threshold: 7 seconds

Any time lower than 7 seconds is hidden.

By no means is this perfect but I’ve ran it across random rivals and it does seem to work well. Admitedly I do agree they should just fix the root problem but I’m getting desperate here after 3+ months waiting. It’s beyond a joke at this point

At the bare minimum they could at least wipe the road drift zone scores, as it’s impossible now to beat your old score if it was a good run. I’ve lost interest in drifting purely because of this issue, as I know before I even attempt to better my score I can’t. It takes the fun and challenge away immediately.

If they were to use these as a test before removing cheats from other leaderboards, it would at least allow them to test their remedy on boards that need fully wiped either way, should something go wrong.

——-

As for API access, this would be a great addition. I’ve already came up with plans, should they ever allow it. I.E tuner challenges, drift challenges

Not sure if any of you played Warhawk on the PS3, years gone by? But they allowed API access to their boards and player stats, the community even back then, came up with a number of things including weekly competitions, customised player scorecards, easy searching based on player tags for comparisons to friends. You could even download and store a CVS of your achievements/stats over a day, week, month or year. Others downloaded the boards hourly and created challenges that you would have to do within the game, this then awarded you for achieving these on their site. It was an additional extra to an already additive game. My brother and I were ranked 2nd and 3rd in the world for number of kills, we played that game nearly 24 hours a day. Good times! :slightly_smiling_face:

They already have data output via udp for telemetry, why not add API output for leaderboards and statistics?

It pains me to post this kind of thread on the new forums, but something needs to be done about cheaters in Rivals. I got into the B class today and most road circuits have a cheater at the very top. Their ghost literally flies (no pun intended) around the circuit and completes the lap in 3 seconds.

You could easily solve this by coding a “hard cap” that detects when cheaters complete laps with an impossible time and then ban them. Why don’t you care?

4 Likes

Yep, it’s an absolute joke, same people in the monthly rivals every month too. I feel like I set a good lap time and I’m 20 seconds off first place…. Like can these people be banned? Or atleast have their times taken off leaderboards, I’ve recently bought a wheel and I’ve got a bit competitive on the rivals, beating all my friends now I’m going after the bigger fish but it’s an impossible task, I’d just like to get in the top 100 on a couple tracks maybe but the top 1000 are cheaters

1 Like

It’s bad enough some people who don’t take Forza seriously use all the meta tunes (like a buggy in B class, really?). I beat a guy in my friends list with an Integra of mine after 5 laps. He was gaining on me on all the straights, despite going way too deep in every corner!

I keep reporting people who have mere seconds for laptimes, but at this point it’s insulting.

Deleted

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the glitch you’re mentioning. Obviously though when you do load up a ghost within the top 20 on the Goliath, you can see the cars flying into the distance. I don’t know if the system tries to replicate the laptime posted in a custom event and just makes it look like the player’s cheating. Anyway.

I’ll check out that thread. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling for Forza Motorsport, if it ever comes out.

1 Like

I don’t see why they have to be banned, just the times removed.

I don’t see why a burglar needs to go to prison, just take the stolen stuff from them.

2 Likes

It’s so obvious that people are cheating and it’s infuriating, When they’re #1 on the leader board for the Goliath race with a time of 0.6 seconds and nothing gets done about it.

Or on danger signs when normal people have a jump distance of 1000 metres and these cheaters have jumped 19 miles :joy:

2 Likes

because its a bug not cheat…
for example the extrem long jump bug already exist in FH4, it was just copied to FH5
the 3sec or 0.2 sec lap records just happen if your game crash at the start of the lap

in 99% of all suspected cheats it was a bug

I have a feeling this will be fixed in April.

April 2024.

Its not a bug or glitch. Anyone capable of using a search engine can find out exactly what it is.
Its become crystal clear that cheating is tolerated by this franchise,and in return,I give them less of my time and money.

2 Likes

Ever the optimist :rofl:

I’m more of a realist

Realist is Solved. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

The mods moved my thread into this one without me asking it (doesn’t really matter), but more importantly without it making sense. Wiping the leaderboard is not what I think should be done. If I did, I’d post on this thread and not make my own.

We got off on the wrong foot for this forum. Get it together.

1 Like

Because you used the forbidden “C” word. They locked yours to bury it or removed it outright.
But I agree,by merging topois they often get comments that seemingly make no sense to the title. Helpful hint for those that are lost on this discussion, I didnt even know Eliminator had leaderboards. See why the merge dont make semse now?

1 Like

Looking at the leaderboards just shows me that the Forza developers don’t care about cheaters. Will they actually do something about it and ban people?

The new PR stunts that were added for season 5, within the first day all had cheated times and distances on. All of them obvious aswell. No car can do 340mph or 15,000 distance on a danger sign. A lot of these are on hacked accounts aswell with driver level 2999.

All of this make them pointless to do, as how can I try and get to the top.

2 Likes

Just coming back to this forum after a break to see if anything has changed, I see it hasn’t. Very glad I didn’t buy this game.

1 Like