Rivals Leaderboard Wipe?

I kind of knew rhat would be the case as the really long times are easy to beat, and you can take your time and ensure a clean time lol

Pinkie are you stuck on arguing your point?

So your point appears to be to complain that because there is no perfect solution we shouldn’t do anything. So we’re just going round in circles.

1 Like

Hm

Noone is saying do nothing… btw dev is working on “solution”.
And my last post wasn’t about perfect solution it was about the start :wink:
I’m in same “clean the leaderboards league” so don’t get me wrong

Cleaning the leaderboards atm is not an start or solution u have to clean next week and the week after and so on (or daily)
Same “going round in circles.”

It starts with fixed game and full reset if dev is not able to differentiate between events

Ahhh I see, clearly you skimmed read my original comment hence your random confusing comments.

If you go back and reread it the first suggestion I made was a script that runs hourly to hide illegitimate times that are below a given threshold.

This is not a permanent fix, rather a simple quick safe step they can do now while they work on fixing the root problem. Again all clearly outlined in my original comment if you even bothered to read it.

I don’t know about going back and addressing past scores, because I’m not sure what data they keep server-side (even in the save files) for those lap records.

However, going forward, there should be some reasonable guardrails they can put on some of the underlying telemetry and have it checked when the lap is uploaded to the leaderboard. For instance, for each given car, there should be some reasonable top speed. For each given car, there should be some reasonable top acceleration. For each given car, there should be some reasonable max lateral g-force that is possible to achieve without the tires slipping out. It wouldn’t catch 100% of illegitimate times, but it would likely catch bugged times and low-effort cheats.

I actually think cleaning up the PR stunts leaderboards would be harder than the Rivals leaderboards. For some of the PR stunts, there can be some odd behavior from the engine which isn’t necessarily a cheat, but edge cases in the physics engine which weren’t necessarily anticipated ahead of time. For instance, the other day I randomly set a PR on a speed trap when I was trying to finish a trailblazer, because I happened to take a route that sent me airborne across the speed trap. The PR is nothing special, but imagine a different case where maybe you can fly off a cliff and then as you are nearly landing, you trigger a speed trap. In that case, you have both the horizontal velocity that you get from when you launch, and the vertical velocity from gravity. But we also know those jumps are not really very accurate compared to real-life physics. Cars barely lose any horizontal speed off of a jump even when they are tilted perpendicular to the ground like a sail. And in general, the jumps are just too long to be believable, so likely the effective gravity in the engine is less than gravity in real life. To be fair, it would be really difficult to simulate this well – finding the terminal velocity of the different cars/trucks in different orientions as they are flying through the air is not trivial, and from a gameplay standpoint, honestly capturing the physics might get to be disorienting to the player. But the details of however that is implemented are going to potentially lead to unrealistic PR stunt records at no fault of the player.

Anyway, I think it’s a lot easier for the engine to get a point estimate like a speed at a speed trap wrong than it would be for it to give one legitimate player some odd physics advantage over another legitimate player enough to meaningfully change their lap time in Rivals.

@Pinkiepie my chat is moderated so it’s hard for me to have a conversation with you as my comments appear a day later.

The only smart move that would make a difference, imho, would be to open rivals data to third party web sites and let them manage the clean up and all boards FH is missing at the moment.

1 Like

They should expose APIs regardless or an SDK. Doing so would allow the community to create some incredibly cool tools and resources.

1 Like

We are on the same page, sadly that was suggested tons of times through the history of FHs.

There is zero other way out. hacks/cheaters will happen again, OP cars will always fill the top boards, you will never get a personal board with all your times etc. Only way out is allowing community to take care of the data.

1 Like

Have they ever explained why they won’t expose APIs or an SDK to the public?

There’s over 600 rivals leaderboards, assigning someone/team to go through them manually seems unlikely.

At this point, a solution is required which appeases the rivals players, keeps the casuals players happy and also retains the high numbers which the company has on it’s leaderboards.

The vast majority of glitched times are for times with less than the class maximum PI. If they added a filter by ‘PI’ and chucked in a ‘Set to Default’ option - this would sort the LB’s into class maximum automatically when viewing the LB’s. Out of sight, out of mind.

Rivals mob - more happy
Casual players - move up leaderboard
Company - retains its high player count inside LBs.

Adding a ‘By PI’ filter to the LBs would be a very simple yet super effective way to solve this in the short-term.

Noticed this too… Some C501 outperforming an C600 on same track…
Replay mode with optional telemetry overlay would be cool too and some working report function

I don’t think that’s a good idea, it isn’t any sort of solution and just brushes the problem under the carpet. I can see that these devs might be attracted by your idea though, they could do it in 30 seconds and then get back to whatever it is they do or don’t do all day.

Loop through all rival boards and calculate the time difference between 50th and 100th. Multiple result by 1.5. subtract result from 50th place. Hide any times lower than this.

Example:

50th: 10 secs
100th: 12 seconds

Difference: 2 seconds
Window: 3 seconds
Threshold: 7 seconds

Any time lower than 7 seconds is hidden.

By no means is this perfect but I’ve ran it across random rivals and it does seem to work well. Admitedly I do agree they should just fix the root problem but I’m getting desperate here after 3+ months waiting. It’s beyond a joke at this point

At the bare minimum they could at least wipe the road drift zone scores, as it’s impossible now to beat your old score if it was a good run. I’ve lost interest in drifting purely because of this issue, as I know before I even attempt to better my score I can’t. It takes the fun and challenge away immediately.

If they were to use these as a test before removing cheats from other leaderboards, it would at least allow them to test their remedy on boards that need fully wiped either way, should something go wrong.

——-

As for API access, this would be a great addition. I’ve already came up with plans, should they ever allow it. I.E tuner challenges, drift challenges

Not sure if any of you played Warhawk on the PS3, years gone by? But they allowed API access to their boards and player stats, the community even back then, came up with a number of things including weekly competitions, customised player scorecards, easy searching based on player tags for comparisons to friends. You could even download and store a CVS of your achievements/stats over a day, week, month or year. Others downloaded the boards hourly and created challenges that you would have to do within the game, this then awarded you for achieving these on their site. It was an additional extra to an already additive game. My brother and I were ranked 2nd and 3rd in the world for number of kills, we played that game nearly 24 hours a day. Good times! :slightly_smiling_face:

They already have data output via udp for telemetry, why not add API output for leaderboards and statistics?

It pains me to post this kind of thread on the new forums, but something needs to be done about cheaters in Rivals. I got into the B class today and most road circuits have a cheater at the very top. Their ghost literally flies (no pun intended) around the circuit and completes the lap in 3 seconds.

You could easily solve this by coding a “hard cap” that detects when cheaters complete laps with an impossible time and then ban them. Why don’t you care?

4 Likes

Yep, it’s an absolute joke, same people in the monthly rivals every month too. I feel like I set a good lap time and I’m 20 seconds off first place…. Like can these people be banned? Or atleast have their times taken off leaderboards, I’ve recently bought a wheel and I’ve got a bit competitive on the rivals, beating all my friends now I’m going after the bigger fish but it’s an impossible task, I’d just like to get in the top 100 on a couple tracks maybe but the top 1000 are cheaters

1 Like

It’s bad enough some people who don’t take Forza seriously use all the meta tunes (like a buggy in B class, really?). I beat a guy in my friends list with an Integra of mine after 5 laps. He was gaining on me on all the straights, despite going way too deep in every corner!

I keep reporting people who have mere seconds for laptimes, but at this point it’s insulting.

Deleted

2 Likes