Poll: Do you like FOMO game mechanics?

Do you like the FOMO game mechanics in Forza Motorsport 2023?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Should they remove FOMO mechanics from the game and keep all newly added content permanently in the game and only keep ADDING new content and not remove it?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
22 Likes

Watch Turn 10 ignore this poll or max delete it

25 Likes

Such a hilariously one sided poll :rofl:

7 Likes

I don’t see them changing the drip-feed structure, gotta keep the GP engagement numbers up… At least it isn’t worse than the weekly rotations in FH 4 and 5. I don’t care how much personality those games have over MS, having one week to complete a bunch of events is so much worse. Talk about a game making you a slave.

1 Like

As much as I loathe the FOMO of the recent Horizon games (and ask anyone here who knows me - I hate it in ways that the forum’s TOS prevents me from accurately describing), said FOMO is not particularly difficult to accomplish in a reasonably short period of time. It hasn’t been that way since Horizon 4’s disastrous first month of using it. It’s tedious and stupid…but it’s not difficult.

Motorsport’s FOMO is just dumb, especially if you maximize your credit intake by running every session to the end and not skipping anything. Some Horizon playlists can take just a couple of hours to complete either fully or satisfactorily; it may take you that long or longer just to complete one championship in Motorsport, and you have to do that 4-8 times every update. Two hours (plus) of thoroughly unengaging hot-lapping against AI that is either laughably inept or outright cheating depending on the track you’re at. There’s no comparing the two, really.

10 Likes

They will read it, they do but say they don’t and then say that they are listening to the community then continue doing whatever suits them

I see someone accidentally clicked the wrong button… or Chris voted!

5 Likes

I timed the last one and it took 32 minutes without practice to complete so that will be the average 2-2.5 hours a month. That’s not hard to achieve even with kids and a full time job. Easiest way to get it done is get the kids to do it and then go off and do something more productive… and entertaining.

Horizon’s playlist cars also have some leeway in how to obtain them - players don’t need to complete the entire playlist to acquire those cars, and can instead pick-&-choose which events to do & which to skip (I almost never complete an entire playlist)… There is no similar freedom/choice in FM.

Horizon’s playlists also have multiple rewards to unlock, and multiple types of rewards to unlock (cars, wheelspins, horns, character cosmetics, songs, etc.)… FM playlists have one car.

And, of course, many/most of Horizon’s playlist cars can often be obtained later in the Auction House if you missed the playlist window… There is no Auction House in FM.

So yeah, like you said, there really is no comparing the two.

9 Likes

3% yes? @Clutch2009 that really wasn’t you was it?

1 Like

I voted no because i disliked FOMO.

1 Like

I lack the sociopathy necessary to do that kind of trolling.

I do wonder who voted yes, though.

10 Likes

FH5 gives you the option to get the cars you missed later. That makes it ∞% better in that regard.

4 Likes

Not to mention Horizon does some cool stuff with the playlist too, like including player-made EventLab creations and the evolving world stuff

In FM23, it’s just… You know precisely what you will be doing this week, this month, next month, the month after, a year from now: 32 short/medium length races with a couple different cars. And it will feel mostly the same. Every. Time.

Would’ve been fun if they let us do online career mode, but unfortunately they’re still building it from the ground up

3 Likes

I think they’re still pretty much on the ground. The “UP” part hasn’t actually started yet.:thinking:

7 Likes

It seems one or two ppl like the FOMO lol. :smiley:

It helps if there isn’t just an upvote button, this way you can see there are ppl that swim completely against the stream.

Im betting on @FreshBarley4670 :nail_care:

4 Likes

I still can’t understand why they put FOMO into the game. It’s not like in FH5 where after a while the whole map would be full of icons, no it would only add new championships to the menus. It wouldn’t mess up a map or something.

In a game that barely has any content you shouldn’t remove any content, no you should only ADD additional content.

5 Likes

100% I was actually shocked to see events disappearing shortly after release. I looked all over the menu and concluded that they had actually REMOVED stuff. To this day I cannot understand why they would not simply leave the events for us to replay.

4 Likes

I actually accidentally voted no for the second and it wouldn’t let me change it, luckily I refreshed the page and then was able to

1 Like

They needed to look like everything was all new built from…, ah nah bucket, could have just continued Forzathon