Logitech G920

I got the g920 too and playing forza horizon 2 and finding it hard to play lewt me know if you guys are too

Yeah the wheel doesn’t feel right at all with FH2. It almost made me return it… Until I used it with Forza 6!!!

On the 360 with Forza Horizon 1 I tried my MS wireless racing wheel and pedals… and I hated it with that game, but really enjoyed it with FM4. I think with FH2, is the fact the view in car is very different to that of the FM series. The drivers position is far closer to the steering wheel, and it kind of feels unnatural. It is something I hated about FH1 and still really dislike in FH2.

Good to see Logitech wheels coming to the rescue, no adapter required I assume.

Nope, just straight USB to the Xbox.

I have one on order now, should receive it tomorrow, as paid for next day delivery. I will be testing my G27 shifter with it, as I know that shifter also works on the G29. At least on the PC anyway. Worth a test though for anyone like myself who has a G27.

Found a couple of annoying little things with the wheel. You have to use your controller as well to use you mic, but if you press anything on the controller, it sets the wheel back into some kind of default mode, so that can be really annoying. Another thing is once it started getting dark, the little White light is actually super bright and shines right in my face.

Finally git my Playseat together with the G920 and shift.

Well braking is really difficult. Even when set to 55 at the outside. I don´t get a good feeling for braking and as soon as I have to push harder it feels like a digital brake, still trying alot of different settings but right now I can´t drive a single round… :frowning:

My wheel came this morning, and my settings for the moment are

steering deadzone 0/100

Accel deadzone 0/100

Braking deadzone 0/100

Clutch deadzone 15/75

Vibration 40%

Force feedback 75%

steering rotation 900° for road cars.
Race cars 540°
Open wheel race cars 300° to 360°.

I can also confirm that the Logitech G27 shifter works with the G920 on the Xbox one. I have been driving around for the last 2 an half hours between FM5, FM6 and FH2. Wheel settings are the same in all 3 games, and the G27 shifter works in all 3.

1 Like

I picked up a g920 last night and spend a couple of hours spinning around unable to catch any slides.
I’m really disappointed it’s not great out of the box on default setting.
Even after dropping the deceleration outside down to 50 the brakes don’t feel right and difficult to slow down for the corners.
If the back of the car steps out with the controller I can correct it and drift however with the g920 I can’t.
Have any forza devs tested the wheel?
I expected the game to recognise it and have a recommended default setting.
Have they got any recommendations?
It’s annoying to have to exit to the main menu to adjust settings. Can this be added to the pause menu?

It takes practice to get used to using a wheel in a racing game. I have past experience as I use a Logitech G27 on PC, plus played FM5 with a Thrusmaster TX wheel., so its a pick up and play situation for me. But if you are new to a wheel, or not used one for a very long time. You will just need to take things slowly and practice.

Edit: Also, the vast majority of racing games on any platform require setting up for a wheel. This is because there are so many different kinds of wheels available, from low end, such as the Thrustmaster T80 non ffb wheel, to the extremely high end on the pc. Some games may have recommended settings, but they are never usually any good.

Yea. I am with Ialyrn.
Just practiced for the last hours with three different cars on one single track, changed settings from time to time and now got my personal “best settings”.

I also got the feeling first that braking is like handling with a raw egg but believe me, practicing will make you get used to the wheel and pedals.

I got to drive F6 with the G920 yesterday and after a bit of practice I really like the stiffness of the brake pedal. The first 25% of the resolution gets you to build the brake pressure, after that the stiffness of the pedal kicks in which helps with braking to about 75% of the resolution, just till the point before the brakes lock up (with no ABS). Takes a bit of practice though, but practice makes perfect as they say :slight_smile:

Still haven’t mastered drifting with the wheel though. Need some more practice or tinkering with the resolution of the wheel.

Use between 270° and 540° for drifting with at the moment, at least in FM6.

Thnx, will try!

Just received my G920 today fits my old playseat like a charm, booted into forza 6 for a quick race. I then found out the hard way that i couldn’t stop the car,could only get around 50% of the pedal resolution,
pressing harder i managed to get upto 70% or so but in doing so pushed my pedal base plate flat. This ain’t for me plus i prefer left foot braking so opened the pedals and changed the wires on the brake and
clutch pedals as i never use the clutch, what a difference can finally brake comfortably, there must be those that prefer this stiff brake pedal for Logitech to apply it, but it ain’t for me . For any others that want to change over and use the clutch as the brake tools needed are Hex/Allen key for the pedal plates, phillips screwdriver for the pedal base and pliers to pull out the wires.

I am not having any issues with the brake on the G920, I find it to be far better than the brake pedal on my Logitech G27 pedal set in all honesty. I dont even have a wheel stand at the moment, so the pedals are just loose on the floor for the time being.

I just got mine today and it feels amazing!!

It took me a couple of hours messing around with the settings but finally got it exactly where i wanted.

The only issue for me (as for many others) was the brake pedal. I drive mostly stock cars in forza and it just feels unrealistic to me compared to what the brakes feel like in a real car so I plugged in the pedals of my G27 and to me it feels much better.

Well after spending a few days playing with the wheel with a mixture of racing and drifting, I have to say I’m over the moon with the wheel. For racing I use 540 sometimes 720 depending on what cars I’m racing and it feels just awesome, and the brake pedal does start to ease up a little. Now I’m more used to it, it actually gives me more confidence to brake later, especially when racing the big GT3 cars!

For Drifting, I’ve been sticking to the good old 270, partially down to not having the h-pattern, but mainly because that’s what I’m used to from playing for so many years with an MS wheel, and I don’t really fancy re-learning with drift with 900 on a game, I’ll save that for a really car!.

Mine came today, again from pc world.

Regarding the brake, in forza 5 and forza 6 demo you can set the outside deadzone to 20 (20%) for the brake (decelerate) pedal and its just like a real car brake, losing 80% of the pedals input might be a problem for some people but you can remove the damper which in inside the spring.