Livery Editor in FH5

Tune in now to see the Livery Editor in FH5:

Thank you, thank you, thank you PG.
You guys did a great job keeping my beloved system intact.

This is not sarcasm or anything. Real appreciation as a true lover of the traditional livery editor.
I understand that there are people who don’t like the current system, but I really loved this system because the current system is fair and requires no additional cost.
Thanks again PG, I will be preordering Ultimate Edition soon.

That was highly disappointing. New icons and a vertical layer pallet. Yay.

It’s the same package, new icons. That’s Ok… I would have added some new shapes to it myself.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for years to be able to change the color of the layers (not just the entire car as currently) with special colors (chrome, wood, carbon …) visibly I will have to wait more…

1 Like

Well those were some lip service “improvements”. I’m not mad because the current livery editor is bad, I’m mad because PGG got us excited over exactly nothing in terms of real, actual improvements. Should have never said they were improvements and just mentioned the uprez on liveries then moved on. Calling these improvements is catfishing your fans.

If you absolutely needed to mention the changes, they should have at best been called “Streamlined the livery editor with quality of life changes.”

6 Likes

To be fair to the studio, from day one all they said was that they had improved the UX … user experience. Which is what they did. They never claimed to have added new features or functionality. But it is a shame that they have still not added some of the features requested by the painting community.

1 Like

They did actually exaggerate the improvements to the Ai by saying that this would be more of a traditional art package like Photoshop, when all they have done is change the icons. I don’t think that Photoshop is associated with its icon layout.

Nope, Photoshop has the ability to customize the layout. It’s most famous for its tools,which the Forza editor is seriously lacking in. They really could have done so much better, but chose not to. Simply merging layers would have done wonders for the creative community. That would open the door to create custom shapes without the need of multiple layers.
This ability alone in Photoshop cuts down on file size tremendously and also helps cleap up the layer pallet.
They could have included custom colors and patterns in the shapes as well, you can get chrome pinstriping on a car in real life,why not in the game? There’s so much they ignored from the community to even consider this an upgrade to the design editor. I don’t think I’ve seen a single person suggest the layer pallet should be moved.

The changes are all superficial. They didn’t even increase the layer cap. Not impressed.

1 Like

Is there finaly an option to save a color palette with favorite colors?? I found it sooo enoying when ever you start painting with a special dual tone color you had to mix it up again. there was no personal color palette. The “last used” palette has gone every time you turned off the box :-((((((

As a temporary fix you can load your old image, pick a shape, and edit it’s colour. You just pretend to edit the colour, move it up a notch, and back a notch, and now it is back to the same colour as before, and then save it. Now you have that colour in the palette. So you can manually get your old palette back again. PG Games only have to do what I just did automatically when they load an image to get the palette back again even in FH4, and FH3 it would work as an update.

As a temporary fix you can load your old image, pick a shape, and edit it’s colour. You just pretend to edit the colour, move it up a notch, and back a notch, and now it is back to the same colour as before, and then save it. Now you have that colour in the palette. So you can manually get your old palette back again. PG Games only have to do what I just did automatically when they load an image to get the palette back again even in FH4, and FH3 it would work as an update.
[/quote]

thanx, i ve done so sometimes, but in the end it is more time consuming to me than starting from scratch. if you leave the paint section PGG only shoud save the “last used color” palette. that would do the job perfectly. but they dont that, and i have no clue why not. my guess: that “coder” and “level designer” dont play and use their own game as much and intense as we do. so they dont recognice the “bugs” in the game. and in addition they also dont listen to the community and their suggestions to improve the game :-((

My designs take about 2 weeks for a quick one, so not faster for me to start again…lol.

You don’t need to actually edit the colour, just select the object, press Change Colour, then press A (OK), that colour will then be at the top of your previous colour list.

I’ll sometimes have a bunch of sample colour blocks at the side of a WIP vinyl to make them easier to access.

1 Like

The livery editor in FM7 was getting this feature in an update.
Hopefully a similar feature will be available in FH5.

1 Like

I love the fact they didn’t change much…… that way i don’t have to learn new ways to paint in forza…… and yeah…. The layer count isn’t that high at 3000 but we can do lot’s within that space…… if you put in some time and effort….

Like….

1 Like

I’ve seen people do incredible things with MS Paint too, but that doesn’t mean it’s good.

1 Like