Joining Horizon open racing session, a reenactment

• finding session
  • joining session
    /pick a car
  • joined a session with a race already in progress, you’ll be able to join the next one
    /wait until the race is finished
  • event complete
  • players getting rewards
  • waiting for players to be ready
    /find out that the game listed you in a championship while the last race was in progress
    /boots you into event signup after 10 minutes of waiting, loading screens and 0 races
    /pick a car
  • joined a session with a race already in progress, you’ll be able to join the next one
    /wait until the race is finished
  • event complete
  • players getting rewards
  • fast traveling other players
  • waiting for players to be ready
    /loading
  • a race actually starts
  • crash to desktop in 50% of the cases

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’d find out that these constant menus, loading screens is just another tactic to boost ‘gameplay’ hours. Can we please just pick a car and join a session with it immediately?

And about the crashes… before you say I should open a support ticket. I think I already know how would that work.
Me: I have an issue
Support: Yes you do
/mark as solved
/close chat

1 Like

Welcome to FH5

Thank you! To be honest, it’s a great menu simulator.
And the racing minigame isn’t too bad either

5 Likes

Ahhaha you’re funny. I like you

I don’t recall ever having issues to quite that extent. My experience is always that I have to wait one race and then join, even if it’s then for the last race in the championship.

That said, its still a dumb system. Why do we get pulled into the lobby at a point where we can only wait? There’s then very little you can do in game - you can’t even switch car. It would be so much better to remain in Freeroam until the point the game is ready for you to actually race.

Also, there is a major problem with numbers (at least in custom). I played some A road last night, which must be relatively popular compared to others, and a number of races were just me and 1 other (who then usually quit when they weren’t winning). I did several “races” on my own with the game not joining anyone to the event. Either the game is doing a very poor job of matching people up and there are lots of mini races going on or we need a way to see which lobbies are popular if it’s just genuinely that no one is playing.

But do you want your car delivered to you? Yes or yes? Please pick one.

I think if you start on the second round you should get free 10 points. At least we can win then… more easily. Maybe 6 points… I would have won twice with 6 points.

There is an issue while joining during the last race of a playlist. You get to choose a car for the next one, it loads, you see your car in freeroam with “joining session” for a fraction of time, it loads again aaand you are back in regular freeroam.
If this happens, it can easily be a 10 minutes waste.

Ah, I think I have had that happen once but didn’t know that was the cause.

The numbers issue is more prevalent for me. Twice in a relatively short space of time I was left on my own midway through race 1 and ended up doing races 2 and 3 on my own (on the basis I still thought it would be quicker than starting again).