I feel cheated as a Deluxe Edition owner

What’s up with all these DLC packs full of entirely NTF cars being released and them not being included in the Premium Edition? Back in 2021, I bought that version SOLEY because I wouldn’t have to worry about spending extra money on DLC and it felt like a good deal as it saved money.

Now we’re on like, what, the fifth or sixth DLC pack for cars that Deluxe Edition owners don’t get for free?

The funny thing is if they have all these new cars primed and ready to go designed to be used as paid DLC why not include them in the Car Pass? Oh, it’s because despite how successful this game is, money is never enough for these huge companies like Microsoft.

I’m not bothering with another Premium Edition Forza in my life unless it’s strictly stated people who buy it get immediate access to ALL future DLC for the game. Not 2 mediocre expansions and a Car Pass that ends WAY too early into the game’s life cycle.

EDIT: I mistook the version I purchased as “Deluxe” when I actually got the Premium version that was advertised as containing all the DLC you’d typically expect in a Forza game.

I know this thread is just the “the quote threads are beating you in” meme right now but I don’t care, if any group of Forza players are gonna step up and defend crappy business practices done by the company they’ll be on this forum.

The opinion is surprisingly different outside of the forum.

10 Likes

In before we get the usual “But you got what you paid for” people show up. I have to admit too, that the amount of packs is getting a bit excessive. Especially since most of the packs don’t have great variety to them within them. For me, this racecar pack and the Chinese pack are completely washes because I have no interest in either, but I have to buy them anyways for completion’s sake.

If they had a car pack every few months and the packs had more variety in them, I’d feel better about them not being a part of the deluxe edition, but it’s a little out of hand now.

Edit: Man, y’all didn’t just woosh me, you’re soared over me eight miles high.

4 Likes

The more car packs the better, in my opinion. It cost money to license, 3D scan, record audio and program these cars into the game.
We likely wouldn’t get these cars at all if they couldn’t recoup some of the cost and these car packs fund the free cars we get every series.

Seems crazy to think you deserve every car added to the game for free two and a half years after launch.

20 Likes

I get the “you get what paid for” but it starting to be excessive imo too. A part of it is pricing. I like the game but 7 cars for €10 is bit too high imo (+ no full Forza Vista for part of them). I’m a collector and €5 now and then seems ok. I don’t own a money tree and for me personally it’s starting to add up. I’ve got health issues that cost me more than an arm and a leg too!

Or make some DLC where you play some extra story or features. It feels like they are at the end of the cycle and need extra cash but as soon as FH6 drops you can start over.

I’m sure FM 2023 is also going to start with it but that game needs to be completed first.

1 Like

A. Deluxe doesn’t contain all the DLC
B. You did save money on DLC, as you got the Car Pass, Welcome Pack and FD Pack for free (Assuming you got Premium)
C. You did get everything that was advertised to you, they have no obligation to give you extra free stuff. (And yet they do)

15 Likes

I’m not in this page at all. This is an old chestnut and just not how things work. There are reasons to complain about PGT10MS but this is not one of them. For me it’s their “support”, completely insane and ridiculous use of the word “solved” and that they do not bother fixing bugs that go back the best part of ten years even though they’ve been pointed out over and over again.

Regarding the car packs, you are feeling cheated, fine, that’s your choice, but there was no cheating.

I am fortunate enough to have been able to afford the car packs. Certainly I’d have preferred to have got the cars for nothing but I didn’t and they never told me I was going to get them for nothing.

There is an argument about using FOMO and “completionist” anxiety to get people to pay money but that is not the same as cheating. It’s questionable, certainly, but it’s the way a lot of businesses operate.

9 Likes

if it was a pack or two, fine whatever.

but we now have 60$ of paid car packs.

If you wanted to own every DLC car bar the expansion ones, you’re already looking at 90$.

1 Like

yes, but why is that a problem?

you do not have to buy them to enjoy the game fully

2 Likes

Staaaahhhhp. Just stop. You got what you paid for. So did I. For some reason though, I am content because I knew what I agreed to at time of purchase. You are not happy. You can protest better by not buying Forza Horizon 6. That’ll that’ll show 'em.

2 Likes

How dare a company make extra money by adding paid DLC content while at the same time still providing free content almost two and a half years after the initial release. Come on dude, cheated, really? Maybe time to readjust your thinking and expectations.

8 Likes

Do people get mad because they feel cheated or are the really mad because they can’t stop themselves from buying the car packs whenever they’re offered?

When they do eventually give in and make the purchase, they immediately get buyer’s remorse and feel guilty for spending the money on something they probably won’t even use. They can’t accept their own responsibility for their decision so they have to blame someone else for tempting them.

It’s your responsibility. Own it.

Get help if you need it. It’s borderline addiction to think this way.

5 Likes

yeah, I agree, nobody said you would get car packs for free, this has been going on for years

4 Likes

We’re still getting 4 or 5 new cars for free every single month, and we’re getting the chance to get even more new cars if we want them. Sounds like a good deal to me.

4 Likes

Oh, those poor underfunded developers that really, really need money as one of the highest selling racing games ever made! Funded by one of the biggest corporations in the world!

3 Likes

It hasn’t, though? At the end of a Forza game’s life cycle the Car Pass is packaged up into individual DLC packs and sold like that. If you bought the Car Pass, you didn’t need the DLC that came later.

Now, you buy the Car Pass and they continue to drop new paid cars when they easily could’ve just, i don’t know, IMPLEMENTED THEM INTO THE CAR PASS?

Isn’t microsoft has a net worth of more than $3.1 trillion.

1 Like

It’s not like the Xbox division has access to that money and the valuation probably isn’t based on cash alone.

Every studio is run like a business and has to show a profit or risk getting shut down.

1 Like

What, so they don’t have a right to make money? Is this a communist society?

So crappy business practices don’t matter at all? Can I mug you and demand your wallet? What, it’s just making money. You’re a communist if you think otherwise!

1 Like

Um considering I have a choice whether or not to buy, how is this mugging?

5 Likes