Car Packs

So what is the point in getting the car pass and season pass and what not if you still have to pay for car packs. Why wouldn’t the car packs be included with the premium version.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The main thing is that you pay

giphy

2 Likes

it would be awesome to get the daily driven exotics cars in fh5 that they have in their fleet at the moment

they really are too expensive too like $5 = 4 cars = $1.25 A CAR DANGGGGG

as with the other threads, my view is that there is no need to purchase them, the game works without them - it’s an optional purchase

if you have enough spare money and are interested, buy them, if not, don’t

7 Likes

Some answers may seem just to easy.

These cars in the additional car packs are only in the game because it is paid content. Why does almost everybody believe they will be for free if there were no paid dlc?

Almost every car in these car packs a new to horizon and except for the apex race car pack they were almost all new to Forza.

I can understand the argument for recycled cars - they should have been included in the main game.

But new to Forza cars?

They are in forza because this is paid content, if it wasn’t, Turn Ten wouldn’t do the work to scan and model them not to mention the liceincing process. If you don’t want to pay for them, it is ok, the game is the same as before.

And of course microsoft could implement all the paid dlc car packs into the car pass, but then the car pass would not cost 19,99 bucks but around 200-249 bucks…

4 Likes

We dont get real proper 100 % race spec cars often in Horizon,so i at least i love the pack, since i love race cars so much, just abit disappointed in the sound of the Mercedes AMG GT and Cadillac ATS-VR, they sound a bit weak, but other than that, its awesome :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s really a question of affordability, and it’s also too easy to say ‘if you’re not interested, don’t take it’.

You only have to look at the game to see how many people are literally RUSHING on these packs, which is a demonstration of a highly sought-after and effective product.
Add to that the promotion that took place in the hours following the revelation: on the networks, the pack was advertised at €4.99 instead of €9.99 for just a few hours… A compulsion to buy, and a commercial practice that’s getting really crude.

You may not realise it, you may have the impression that you’re enjoying some exceptional, unique new paid content from NewtoForza, but in reality you’re being subconsciously led towards a purchase, which you’ll make one way or another. By compulsion, by addiction, by completion… you’re going to pay. 5 x … as many times as they like. Sometimes 10. One day even more.

FH6 will be packed with micro-transactions, so the tone is set.

If they continue what they started with FM I wouldn’t buy FH6 anymore - as it seems the next Forza Horizon will be a always online game…

And didn’t they tried microtransactions back at FM7?

2 Likes