Gifting Cars Mechanic Is Unbalanced & Unfair

I’ve been gifting cars since the launch of Forza Horizon 5. I usually play once a week, and in a typical session I’ll probably gift around 5-6 unwanted cars from Wheelspins. I have so far received over 300 Kudos points, however, I very rarely receive cars gifted to me in return - I’d say maybe 15%-20% of what I’ve sent. So of the 300+ cars I’ve gifted, I’ve only received around 60-70. I feel that this is slightly unbalanced and unfair.

Not that I need extra cars - I already have every car in the game, and enough CR to see me through, but that’s not the point. It’s the principal of the matter. I’m just not getting the “You’ve been gifted a car. It’s waiting in a barn. Go find it” pop-up. A usual weekly session often lasts for around 4 hours, as I work my way through the weekly playlist, but I rarely get the notification that there’s a gifted car waiting for me in a barn somewhere. Usually when I do, it’s at the very start of a play session as soon as I’ve exited my home.

At the very least, I expect the gifted cars received to be roughly 1-to-1 with cars sent. It feels like I’m constantly giving, but my generosity not being reciprocated. Like I say, I don’t need the cars, but it’s the principal that is important here. The game is unfairly biased to the receiver, not the giver. :frowning:

My experience is it’s “daily” at best, much like the free “daily” wheelspin from owning the hotel. Not based on your own gifting at all. And anymore I’d have to say on the whole “gifting” mechanic would be speculation that would probably not make some people happy :wink:

1 Like

Before I say something that might be misinterpreted, could you maybe elaborate on what defines an “unwanted car” for you?

They will be like me and already have every car in the game so don’t need 2. I gift every wheelspin car that I receive where I have an option to gift. The ones received where I don’t have an option I just remove from garage.

Just wish there was some way to not receive wheelspin cars.

1 Like

My credits are typically maxed, but I just sell them regardless, unless it’s a unicorn, then I’ll load a tune & livery on it to gift to someone. I’ve honestly pretty much abandoned the whole gifting cycle for reasons already discussed in other threads.

1 Like

I wish there was a way to not receive random gifts in a barn. Most of the time it’s 20K Auto Show cars. And even when it’s a decent car I just regift it anyway since I have original owner keepers of every car and little need for extras. The whole Gift idea, while probably well intentioned and brilliant on paper, is garbage in the game the way it was “implemented”.

5 Likes

Yes. Please. Everyone. Just take the money.

4 Likes

Is your garage usually full? I get maybe 1 gift notification a week, and since my garage is usually full, I think those might end up disappearing after I pick them up anyway.

I used to gift a lot, but now I only gift non-autoshow cars I get from wheelspins (sell the rest) or the play list.

1 Like

Sounds more like karma than a placebo :smile:

1 Like

I’m not even sure people are getting the cars I gift anymore. I used to get notifications in my message center with the canned comments like, “thank you” or “I really like the car” but now it just says your gift was delivered without exception.

Also, more often than not, when I go to a barn that supposedly has a gift there’s nothing there. You can see if a gift is actually there by simply highlighting the barn. If it just lists the car tied to that particular barn find location than your gift isn’t there.

5 Likes

Could be real or just rose colored glasses yeah :slight_smile: Hasn’t been my experience but I could have my own bias blinders on :wink:

FWIW… Never saw a correlation between giving and getting. Only semi-consistent pattern I saw was the more I picked up gifts the more I got gifts, whether I was gifting or not. And it has varied in quality and “designation” (i.e. getting “new player” gifts) throughout. They might have fixed the “new player” gift delivery as you say though, because I’ve not gotten one of those in a while.

1 Like

Given that (I think) “Thank you”s = Kudos & Kudos = nothing, then nothing from nothing, leaves nothing & ya gotta have somethin’ if you wanna succeed….
wait, what just happened there :joy:

5 Likes

hehe… I thought I was the only one thinking that :slight_smile: Same. Of course for a while I was suspecting even the canned responses were auto-generated randomly to make it seem like players were getting them.

Usually had that happen only if I took too long to hit the X to show on map, detoured on the way (triggered some event or such), or fast travelled there. Not always though, sometimes I could get away with that and the gift would still be there. Fast travel was usually safe but not always. I suspect it might just be something else entirely making them disappear. And sometimes when it “disappeared” the next time I logged in fresh I’d get a second chance notice for the same gift.

3 Likes

…hmm, not sure, but it’s catchy, we should set it to music :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not too fussed about the pointless kudos system but I’d like to think that new players are actually getting the cars I gift but I suspect in many cases they aren’t.

I think there’s a time limit on how long players have to collect the gift so maybe “new” players aren’t getting them in time if they don’t play often.

2 Likes

:joy: Billy might have something to say about it (& the artistic liberties I took) I’m also showing my age :grin:

1 Like

the “gift received” message is not always the one about it being delivered

nearly all those I get are the blank ones but I have sometimes got an actual message

I’m 99% sure that any gifts picked up while not in the game generate a blank response but when playing there is at least a chance (when in freeroam maybe?) of a “real” message

it used to be bugged another way; no kudos was given for any gifts that were received while in a race, there might well have been a bit more to it than that

obviously this was “solved” within a day or two of the ticket but that was maybe a year ago, given the statement about rebalancing and the change to blank messages they’ve done something - and created another little bug in the process

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree, but I have like close to 1800 of them, doing absolutely nothing. Wouldn’t it be nice if Kudos were used like the backstage pass was in FH4? At least it was something.

5 Likes

I have a suspicion that kudos does grant wheelspins, I have had wheelspins for no apparent reason that do coincide with checking messages/leaving a house and nothing else, not even a random daily wheelspin

1 Like

I always figured backstage passes would be introduced in FH5 once the game had matured so new or returning players could get some of the cars they missed but at this point it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen.

1 Like