Game Crashing - READ THE FIRST POST

Game Crashing

There are various potential causes of game crashing. To investigate these cases we need users to submit a ticket at Forza Support. Read through the following article for troubleshooting steps and then use the link at the bottom of the article to provide your details for investigation:

I took a few days to create a track and used 100% props.
Every time i go to event creation → choose route and try to edit my saved route it starts loading but crashes at the end.

2 Likes

@KVFIR please review the Getting Started With Troubleshooting guidelines and submit a ticket directly with Forza Support:

1 Like

I’m posting a complaint. Horizon 5 keeps crashing to desktop at least once a night. I’m almost expecting it to happen now. It’s not an issue with any other games so it’s not a hardware issue (xbox). It feels like a RAM issue where it hits the 8 gig range and just ends itself. Glitches out. I’m not the only one with the problem either.

I’m not spending $500 to buy a “series X” or whatever. I’ll wait until the next gen of console proper before dropping cash on a new system. Problem is, I can’t recommend this game anymore. It’s a mess and getting worse.

As a footnote it’s especially expected to happen during a session online, or online racing a custom track list. Although I have had it soil itself while flipping around in the tuning screens.

Not good.

1 Like

Read me. This is not something I can post a ticket about. I’m giving you a heads up. It crashes to the Xbox desktop and it happening more often across the racing community. Trying to bury it is not good. Tone down the menu graphics and the sillyness (confetti and dancing and whatever) and get the performance range needed on the tech you are running this on.

I like your game and I want it to succeed. But there’s a lot of smh moments in what you are doing.

Every time when I do race event and switch cars the game crashes

1 Like

If you’re on PC it might be a driver issue. i reverted to the previous driver version and I never saw any crashes since.

I tried to complete the seasonal buggy championship and I tried to take a photoshoot to some cars. Game crashed out of blue. Any idea why?

@GMSTRMND please go through the steps in the top post.

2 Likes

Are you using raytracing ? If so try lowering it, mine always crashes if it’s maxed when going to photo mode but lowering it solved crashing for me.

For those who are getting this error message in included picture

what worked for me is: Turn off Real Time Protection from Windows defender (or any third party Antivirus software)
End “Msi Afterburner” proccesses (with RivaTuner statistics server)

Done, game is working properly again.

I was trying to fix this for 3 days… Hope this helps most of you

bro my screen load but then it closes then on fh5 on steam says play after just clicking play

I cannot submit a ticket as the support site instantly signs me out upon signing in (or to be more specific it redirects to forza.net and does not sign me in to the support site).
I am at the point of executing a charge-back via my bank as the game is not playable and no support is provided.
Is there anything I can do here to get actual support before initiating a charge-back?

Looks like I’ll have to charge back since tickets can’t be filed and posts here are ignored.

I’m asking how I can contact the devs since their support ticketing site they ask us to use in the OP will not allow sign in. I’ve even made a thread dedicated to this, which they have ignored.
Thanks all the same.

couldn’t post this on FH5 troubleshooting so i post here. the issue i have been having for the past couple of months is that i can no longer open FH5 without it starting for a few seconds then crashing. another thing i noticed is that something called anti-malware executable ramps up when this happens. i have already tried basic troubleshooting but nothing is working.

1 Like

See the top post and turn off malware, and other third party programs like Afterburner, listed in the linked article. If that doesn’t solve the issue we need you to submit a ticket at Forza Support for investigation and direct communiciation.

Submitting a ticket is not functioning.

I am running my game on an rx 6600xt and ive had lots of crashes i think because of the driver software. Ive had even random crashes as i use my computer and watch youtube so if anyone’s out there with an amd gpu just know this might not be the game’s fault. At least not entirely.

But every once in a while my game crashes in the loading screen. Few days ago i even recorded it my game crashed like this 3 times. Next day - running perfectly fine. A month ago my game used to crash in eventlab - now it doesn’t.
Its kind of weird to open up a ticket on something that occurs now but then it doesn’t. I feel like there are so many ways that horizon 5 can result to crashing that its just impossible to follow up on the exact reasons as to why.
I have in the past reported my crashes through the AMD software whenever it gives me a “You experienced a black screen, do you want to submit a ticket?” window. And its not as if my gpu is overheating. Its not.

People say AMD drivers are better nowadays, maybe that isnt quite the case. At least to my experience. But ive also never experienced these crashes outside of playing horizon 5 excpet as i said if im browsing the internet, watching youtube. They can be kind of random and make no sense. Its just how it is you never know when you’re game is gonna crash. Ive never experienced this many crashes playing a video game ever