ForzaRC 2018 Series 1 - Weeks 1 & 2 Events

An overview of the first round (Weeks 1 & 2) of Series 1 in the Forza Racing Championship 2018:

FORZARC LINKS

www.ForzaRC.com - with link to Registration (required to participate), Schedule (Competition and Broadcast), News, Rules/Handbook, email for ForzaRC Questions, Leaderboards, Social Media.
https://forzarc.gfinity.net/ - Registration site with FAQ, Terms, Rules, and Scheduled race times.
www.twitter.com/ForzaRC
Forza Racing Championship is on Facebook Gaming
Twitch
Redirecting...
www.instagram.com/ForzaRC
Forza Racing Championship - YouTube - VODs of the ForzaRC 2018 Pre-Season Invitational Presented by IMSA, broadcast on March 24

FORMAT

• Drivers must register to participate - see the link in the “About” section at www.ForzaRC.com which takes you to https://forzarc.gfinity.net/ - be sure to read the FAQ and Terms & Conditions. Also download and read the Rules. Note that an Xbox One console is required.
  • The events in Weeks 1 & 2 are sequential in progression: everyone sets a time in the Rivals Qualifier, from which the top drivers by Region are seeded into Saturday Ghost race lobbies, from which the top drivers move on to Sunday Heats race lobbies (with Collisions On), from which the top drivers move on to Wednesday Showdown race lobbies (which are broadcast live). A second Booster Rivals event will open after the Wednesday Showdown.
  • Drivers earn points with each event, which are used for global ranking. The online Leaderboards will be updated after Booster Rivals.
  • The sequence will begin again with Qualifier Rivals for Weeks 3 & 4 starting April 16. Following Week 7’s events at the end of May, the top Leaderboard drivers will be invited to compete at the Series 1 Playoffs live event in Seattle June 16th-17th for a prize pool of $75,000.

SCHEDULE

Log in at https://forzarc.gfinity.net/ to see a chart of times for races by Region. “Check back at ForzaRC.Gfinity.net this Friday for Driver-specific race start times and lobby host details.”

• Qualifier Rivals: April 2-4
  • Saturday Ghosts: April 7
  • Sunday Heats: April 8
  • Wednesday Showdown: April 11 (with live broadcasts at 2pm and 6pm Pacific)
  • Booster Rivals: April 12-14

EVENTS

“The 2018 Forza Racing Championship Officially Starts Today with Rivals Events! Check out the complete competition schedule below. If you have not registered you still can at http://ForzaRC.com Let the games begin! #ForzaRC
https://twitter.com/ForzaRC/status/980845644150525952

“And the season is underway! Receive an in-game reward for every #ForzaRC Rivals event you partipate. This week’s reward is a Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 Forza Edition. Keep racing!”

i would l;ike to know what place do you need to stay in to past the rc quilfying

To score points for rivals qualifying, top 1000 overall. It’s safe to assume not everyone in the top 1000 has registered on gfinity though. Won’t know until after points are posted.

To qualify for weekend races it’ll depend on your region. Europe and North America are limited to top 400. Asia, Australia & Pacific islands, and Latin America (Mexico, Latin America, & south america) are at least 80. Rules are silent if a 1st round race similar to North America and Europe will occur.

If your in the Americas region in rivals, it’ll be hard to tell at times who is in what region. You could probably estimate 10-20% of the people ahead of you are in the Latin America region.

Lap time wise, I’d you are in the 2:07s you’ll be good to go. 2:08s are probably safe too.

Good to keep in mind I’m running in the 2:08s, I’m gunna actually sit down to try to shave a second or two off today but I have no chance with the guys running 2:03s

1 Like

What lap times are you running?

My best so far is a: 2:06.152

That’s not bad, I’m only able to push out a clean 2:04.7 right now. I had a 2:04.03 but it was dirty, I can’t run the back half consistently and clean enough.

Garbage. Across the line it’s anywhere from a low 2:05 to a 2:07 flat if I do a big drift. The first half the track I pace 2:04 flats to 2:05 flats more often then not. After that it’s a lot of inconsistent play.

Lap times aren’t much different when I run laps that don’t violate the track boundaries rule. I’m sure a lot of people will be DQd for cutting the S turns at the end of the track because they didn’t read the rule that 2 tires have to be on the race surface at all times.

Just as an FYI, just because it’s clean in rivals, it’s probably not in the race.

High possibility of not making to top 80 in races and a slight chance depending on seeding of making it top 24.

I’m chasing the track instead of attacking corners. Hopefully this will be the only mulligan week.

This is my first experience with the ForzaRC. The Sebring course no longer shows up (just the ladder challenge). Is that expected?

Hi Zippy,
Qualifier 1 closed on April 4 so the seeding can be tabulated for Saturday races. (thread merged, see above)

Oh, nice! Looks like plenty of race events over the next few months will be fun!

I only managed a 2.05:2 for this qualifier.

Really didn’t enjoy this track/car combo. I found the braking and traction out of the corners very inconsistent. In the end I started using 3rd gear when I should of been using 2nd gear in many corners. I have no idea how those doing low 2.03 are finding the rear grip?

After looking at the average age of those at the Forza RC invitational I have decided that maybe the answer is im too old now I am nearly 50!!

1 Like

If you have the time, take part. I remember racing in leagues with you and you’re one hell of a racer. I remember people rooting for you as well in a FRC race too. The people like you therefore I think you shouldn’t give up!

I know I’m not giving up but will be a no show for races many weekends. I got married so now my weekends are busy. Like next weekend I have a business function I have to attend with her dad.

I’m taking part for the fun of it. I know that life will prevent me from potentionally earning the most amount of points and that’s ok by me. FM6 basically paid me to play with my winnings as a single guy. Not a lot to prove at this point personally speaking.

So if you do a few laps you will receive the Forza edition car am I correct ?? Missed out on the other 3 cars raging that was gifted out this week

1 Like

The event is over so what ever reward that was available cannot be earned. You’ll have to wait until next Monday for the next event. It’s only a 3 day window to put down a time.

1 Like

I agree with the S turns at the end, it’s amazing how much time you can lose/gain in that section depending on how you take it. I wish I could put in the amount of time the top guys can just so I can be more competitive. But at the end of the day as long as I can be top 100 and have fun playing the game I’m perfectly fine with that.

i was going to check where I ended up at but I see they already pulled the event from the rivals menu, guess ill just have to wait for confirmation. last time I check I was 550 overall and 170 in the Americas

I put down time on one before it closed on the 4th

How do you know if your in the saturday ghost races?

The ‘races’ tab of forzarc.gfinity.net has been updated with lists of all drivers participating for every region. I think it’s in ascending order of skill, as the fastest drivers are on the last couple of pages.