ForzaRC 2018 Series 1 - Weeks 1 & 2 Events

Good find.

Brackets are slowly starting to be filled. As of this post 9 of the brackets for Europe are filled.

1 Like

Does anyone know when Saturday ghost race information will be available near where to find it when available? Is it just a thing turn 10 will notify you about or will it appear in UI in game or something?

It will be on the gfinity website, they’ve already started posting information for the European races: https://forzarc.gfinity.net/forza-racing/cups/emea/ghost-races-emea/bracket/round-1

There are 13 now, I don’t think each lobby is in grid order because although the first driver in each lobby qualified top 20, there are some fast drivers near the bottom like F4H Super GT, EVR Matt212, TUS Veepz, TUS TacticaL etc.

Brackets for Latin America, oceanic and Asia are complete as well.

Some of the EMEA lobbies are brutal but others seem wide open after the obvious #1 guy.

Yea it’s not in order. Might be in order of selection where they start with top 20, then bottom 20, then 21-40, then 361-380, etc.?I’m assuming they have to manually enter the players though.

Yes, I think that’s how they’re doing it.

I’m growing impatient, want to see what lobby I’m in! From a quick glance lobby 6 looks relatively easy and lobby 9 looks very hard, fingers crossed I’ll be in an easier one!

I’ve been doing some practice and am averaging over 2:06 per lap over a long run which is nowhere near fast enough for EMEA. Earlier in the week I was averaging low 2:05s which might give me a chance.

If you can hold a low 2:06 every lap and not have any major errors, I think you’ll be in the running. A lot of people can run 1 fast lap. Not many can do the same over a race. You’ll know after this week who this applies to.

If you make top 80, it’s wide open. I doubt many people have practiced on the other 2 tracks with those cars. Bathurst is going to be a wildcard race. Upsets should happen that shake up the points.

I just tried Bathurst in Free Play for the first time and my first clean lap (3rd flying lap) was a 2:26.0, I have no idea how competitive that is! There’s a lot of room for improvement, but it’s unlikely I’ll make it to the afternoon races anyway.

Edit: I just looked at the leaderboard and F4H Deano was the highest I could see at 2:22.8. I can’t seem to be able to download the replay though.

This is my first esports event. I don’t fully understand how the tournament works/progresses, because there really isn’t much publicized information for racers with an average skill level.

I wanted to compete for the experience, but I feel that my experience is short lived. I failed to qualify for the Ghost races this weekend after posting a time of 2:09.5 (or there abouts). I was pretty pleased with that time, but I also know that I am an average/below average racer. I wasn’t surprised that I didn’t qualify for the Ghost races.

Do they have a side competition that will allow average/recreational players to continue to complete? Is my tournament over after one race?

I’m not complaining or whining, I just want to figure out if there will be other races I will be able to compete in?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Are you in the NA or EMEA region? For NA, you needed a high 2:08 to qualify. One of my good friends in RL qualified and was a 2:08.6 maybe? Doesn’t seem like you are too far off.

Not sure when the booster rival event happens, but you may get points off that with a killer time.

You are not done though. This is week 1 of literally a gauntlet. Plenty of time to improve and earn points. Go to the FRC website for dates of each weekly event.

There are no recreational events like last time.

RPM Swerve - Thanks for feedback. I am in NA

Only 2:05.2? I managed to get to the low 2:08s with about 50 laps total in the track/car/tuning/rules settings. Sounds like I might have qualified. I AM 50 dude! You’re only as old as what you can’t do. I think that was an Abe Lincoln quote… not sure, too old to care, probably time for a nap, too.

The championship is based on earning points and everyone can take part in each round every two weeks. There will be another qualification rivals in two weeks, but still only the top drivers will qualify for ghost races (top 400 in Europe, top 400 in North America, top 80 in South America, top 24 in Oceania, top 24 in Asia). Top 1000 worldwide in the qualification rivals earn points, plus extra points can be earned in ghost races and booster rivals. There’s no side competition for average drivers.

2 Likes

I came here to congratulate all the players that are in the next round and also wanted to ask the same question as above, OP

Thanks for the detailed answer, appreciate the help for the new and average fun players :smiley:

where do we see results cause I know I was in the top 400 but I don’t see info anywhere?

There’s a list of drivers for each region, you’re here: https://forzarc.gfinity.net/cups/teams?game_url_key=forza-racing&category_url_key=na&tournament_url_key=ghost-races-na&page=2. There doesn’t seem to be a particular order right now and the lobbies haven’t been decided yet.

Thank you

Meh. I’m in lobby 9.
I don’t expect to survive the first race anyway, but this demotivates really :-/
I only know the names Rossi and Vidda, they are much quicker than me.
Just don’t want to be last.