Forza Motorsport Pre-loading, Install Sizes, and start times

START TIMES: PREMIUM ACCESS & LAUNCH ACCESS

A notice about general access rolling time zone release this week:

We appreciate you all want to get on the track as quickly as possible. As we approach the global rollout of Forza Motorsport, please wait until your region unlocks at 12:01am local time to make sure you get the best experience possible and avoid the risk of game crashes.

Release Times

Forza Motorsport’s Early Access for Xbox Series consoles and Windows PC starts on Thursday, October 5 at 12:01 am in the local eastern time zone of each country. This means that in the U.S., western time zone residents will have access at 9:01 pm Pacific time October 4th (midnight Eastern Time = Thursday, October 5, 2023 4:01 AM).

Steam players with Early Access will start at the same moment globally at 12:01 am U.S. Eastern Time on October 5th (Thursday, October 5, 2023 4:01 AM).

This release pattern repeats for the October 10th launch.

Xbox Cloud Gaming access starts at 11:01 pm U.S. Eastern Time on October 9th (Tuesday, October 10, 2023 6:01 AM). (was previously announced for 10:01pm)

PRE-LOADING INFO

September 18th:
Forza Motorsport has reached an important milestone on the journey towards our October 10 launch date – the game has officially “gone gold!” This means we’ve submitted Forza Motorsport for retail disc pressing and have initiated preloads on Xbox Series X|S consoles and Windows 10/11 PCs.

Everyone who has pre-ordered Forza Motorsport on the Microsoft Store or has Game Pass for PC or console can pre-download the game starting today, September 18th. This means you can immediately begin playing Forza Motorsport when Early Access rolls out on October 5, included with the Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Steam preloading started October 3rd.

INSTALL SIZES

Here are the download sizes for Forza Motorsport on PC and console:

• Xbox Series X: 133 GB
  • Xbox Series S: 100 GB
  • Windows 10 and 11 PC (Microsoft Store): 119 GB
  • Steam: 118 GB* Installed file size; download size is approximately 108 GB
8 Likes

Approx 95gb game + 35gb high res textures on xsx. (Turned off after preloading but figures are close enough)

Hey guys,
so apparently the preload already begun for the people who bought the game via the Microsoft Store. However i got the Premium Edition over on Steam and this official Turn10 message has me a bit confused. Maybe you can help clarify. So it says:

“Everyone who has pre-ordered Forza Motorsport on the Microsoft Store or has Game Pass for PC or console can pre-download the game starting today. This means you can immediately begin playing Forza Motorsport when Early Access rolls out on October 5, included with the Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle. Stay tuned for Steam preload closer to release.”

So what does the last sentence mean? That the Steam preload will be available maybe on the 2nd or 3rd September and that i will be able to start playing as early as the people who bought the Premium Edition on the MS store? Or does it mean “closer to release” refers to the release on the 10th and i won’t play as early as the MS store version owners?

2 Likes

I have the Premium Edition on Steam and i am a bit confused about this sentence: Stay tuned for Steam preload closer to release.
Does “closer to release” mean here closer to the 5th or to the 10th? Because i sure hope i will be able to play the game on Steam on the 5th the exact same time people who bought the Premium Edition for the consoles or on the MS store are able to. Correct?

It most likely means a couple of days ahead of the Oct 5 release date.

I really hope this. Everything else would be super weird.

Correct. You’ll still be able to pre-download before the early release date.

1 Like

this happened with starfield too, early access started the 1st, steam preloads were the 28th of august i believe

hi guys is there anything news about pre install time for Premium players ?

And any sweepstakes on how many GB the download for Forza Motorsport will be? :grinning:

130 GB

Microsoft currently shows 132.1 GB

Preload went live. 34.5 GB is high resolution textures. :open_mouth::open_mouth:

I just downloaded the premium version …132.6 GBs

Why the PC version almost 20gb less?

If the base game is already 133 GB and there will be new tracks and cars coming almost every month, then what’s the long term plan? How much space will the game take up in 3 months, 6 month, a year maybe? This is quite a ridiculous space requirement for so little content (only 20 tracks at launch). What happens by the time the game will have – presumably – 30-35 tracks, and all the car packs by then? Does someone think about this?

1 Like

Pc version Downloaded waiting for 5 oct.Hopefully i dont have a problem like space I have extra 4 tb
Ssd nvme :heart_eyes: :checkered_flag: Everything is ready for racing new game controllers sound system new gloves etc. See you there have fun :checkered_flag: :wave:

I thought about it, but then I also thought about how I already have 4TB of space and big nVME drives aren’t really that expensive these days. So it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like that big a deal for some people (and I could probably count myself as one of them), but for most, this is still a very valid concern, particularly with the size of big-ticket games nowadays. If this gets out of control, Turn 10 shouldn’t get a pass on it - not after Activision caught tons of flak for allowing the original Warzone to nearly eclipse 300 GB.

Did it take 300 GB? I had it in my PS4 back then and also I had installed GTA 5/RDR2.