Forza Motorsport Pre-loading, Install Sizes, and start times

It got close. I think the final size topped out at about 275. Still pretty ludicrous for a video game.

And it only was Warzone, I didnā€™t have MW2019 or BOCW. That many GBs was a crime.

Do people not do this any time they get a new gaming setup? I know the first time I built a PC I made sure to spend enough to future proof it for a few years because I knew it would save me money in the long run. And Iā€™ve just sort of kept doing that.

When I saw the system requirements for new Forza, my graphics card at the time wasnā€™t going to handle it, and my processor was middling. Still being on an AM4 setup, I did my research and chose to go with the latest and greatest that I could use with that motherboard. Updating ground up to AM5 at the moment isnā€™t worth the huge extra costs IMO. So hopefully this build will last me at least until the next generation AMD socket.

Itā€™s a big deal on console, in that you can run Series X|S games only from the internal SSD, or the official Xbox Storage Expansion cards, which are crazy expensive. So how much space a game takes up is quite important, especially in the long run, if such a huge game is planned to be expanded over many years.

Getting anxious! So close, got charged for the premium add-ons last night. Iā€™m ready!! :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

I see some influencers already banging out achievements so itā€™s live in some parts

Then the only people they can blame are themselves. They had their priorities, and practicality and future proofing werenā€™t on their list. Sounds like they need to stop whining or figure out whatā€™s really important to them.

I follow djs and saw his recent play was FM with cheevos.

Trueachievements is also tracking players completing them

Edit: saw post on Reddit that review copies are indeed live

1 Like

Do we have an ETA for Steam?

Were there already any updates on this?

6 days to go until early access for Console and Xbox PC Premium purchases, and word on when this will unlock for Steam users?

The pre-load has been available for a while now. Figured I would have it downloaded to reserve the HDD space and assumed there would be a 20-30gb update on day 1ā€¦ We havenā€™t even made it to release day yet and there is already a 118gb ā€œpatchā€.

Iā€™ve uninstalled the game for now, as I donā€™t want to keep downloading 100gb+ over and over again.

The pre-load shouldnā€™t have even been available if this was the intended results.

Iā€™ve already pre-installed weeks ago, doesnā€™t seem logical to keep pre-installing, and then another patch on day 1? In the pure sense, I donā€™t think this was what pre loading a game was meant for. You should be able to play the version you downloaded, with it simply being unlocked on day 1ā€¦ but this has installed an old build that will likely never be playable, is only there as an illusion.

Itā€™s confusing to say the least, and the servers are probably already going through therapy over this.

START TIMES: PREMIUM ACCESS & LAUNCH ACCESS

Forza Motorsportā€™s Early Access for Xbox Series consoles and Windows PC starts on Thursday, October 5 at 12:01 am in the local eastern time zone of each country. This means that in the U.S., western time zone residents will have access at 9:01 pm Pacific time October 4th (midnight Eastern Time = Thursday, October 5, 2023 4:01 AM).

Steam players with Early Access will start at the same moment globally at 12:01 am U.S. Eastern Time on October 5th (Thursday, October 5, 2023 4:01 AM).

This release pattern repeats for the October 10th launch.

Xbox Cloud Gaming access starts at 10:01 pm U.S. Eastern Time on October 9th (Tuesday, October 10, 2023 5:01 AM).

2 Likes

Dang why is steam users following literally the last release slotā€¦ GMT +0 would have made more sense, similar to starfield which is another Microsoft game.

2 Likes

Lameeeeeeeee haha

Nice! I speculated it would be like this a while back!

Moderators, where did my post thread go? I tried contacting you guys and there was no response. I discussed the topic that revolves around the release time and now it is gone?

Let me know soon.

Thanks.

Thanks Max for posting the rollout map. Looks like I am going to have a longer Wednesday than normal. LOL

Hi, I didnā€™t receive any notification? So why exactly did that happen, bit random for that to happen.

Thanks.

Have I missed an update?
Iā€™m starting to assume there will be no pre load for early access steam players, as early access starts in less than 40h ,ā€¦