Forza Monthly livestream | June 13

Tune in at 11am PT on Tuesday for our Forza Monthly livestream, which will show Forza Motorsport gameplay and more information about Builders Cup!

Localized time: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 6:00 PM

Twitch:

4 Likes

Live now! Motorsport is up first for most of the hour.

There is a giveaway in the Twitch chat for a model car from New Bright.

3 Likes

So far, looks like a preorder

1 Like

Free dlc of cars and tracks

1 Like

Not impressed tbh, 6 years to produce a game which looks barely any different to FM7 graphically and has another uninspired copy and paste ‘career’ mode grind.

4 Likes

Each part that can change the sound of the car, will.

Multiple parts will create a unique sound.

That does seem interesting

3 Likes

I audibly groaned at their idea of a single player race weekend. God, what is that Wager the Grid nonsense? Just give us qualifying. All they had to do.

1 Like

Seems like they copied it from NFS Unbound, which seems out of place for a more serious simcade racer.

So much of what they’re talking about smacks so hard of “Player Engagement”. The physics and AI had better be phenomenal for me to even consider getting this on sale at a deep discount, because I’m sure not paying full price for this.

4 Likes

Well 6 years for a copy paste game. Im forsure not spending money on this. FM6 will continue to be the last forza i buy

1 Like

Wow, that was boring.

3 Likes

Appreciate the effort to try and get players to feel more personally attached to their cars but what we’ve seen so far seems to be lacking in some fundamental motorsport features. Namely “Challenge the Grid”, why not have qualifying and then this as an alternative option for players who just want to go racing

3 Likes

They keep hyping up progression, but it sounds like the same system that Call of Duty uses with guns. Calling it now - at some point, Microsoft’s going to announce that VIP users get a significant boost to XP collection.

2 Likes

Or the same system old forzas had with car levels?

He did say ideas from fm3 & 4.

The sp tours seem like fm6

It’s not the same system, because now they’re tying parts unlocks to that system. Which means that now you’re going to have to spend hours driving a car before you can actually start experimenting with a car, and suffer through using parts that don’t work the way you want or need to get to the parts that do.

I see this system getting changed quick because a lot of people are not going to want to deal with that crap. Otherwise, they’d be playing Call of Duty instead.

5 Likes

I hope they have a hardcore leaderboard. That being said there’s going to be a lot of people using ABS at the top of the leaderboards with cars that don’t have ABS. Can’t wait to test the new physics even though i’ll have to wait. I wonder if they can reveal information in “the coming months” now that they have a release date.

4 Likes

Don’t really know how to feel about it. On one hand they keep talking about “progression”, on the other hand it was just casually dropped that progress will only be saved and stored on MS servers. That last bit is not ok, hopefully Horizon series won’t have that in the future because that’s a big red flag.

5 Likes

I’m just shaking my head here. No wonder they didn’t want to say anything. This is the absolute wrong way to go about making a racing sim.

1 Like

Eh, where do you think the cloud saves are saved in horizon? :confused:

2 Likes

So the steering wheel rotation is still limited to 180 degrees… That’s disappointing.

On the other hand, I adore the idea of Tours focused on different types of cars, with GT7-style introductions. And car roster looks very promising.

RPG-inspired progression sounds intriguing, but I’ll need a closer look before I know what to think about it.

Other than that, there are still many questions. I’d like to see driving without assists and in different conditions. And ForzaVista :slight_smile:

3 Likes